News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,292 )

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: RV on June 16, 2009, 09:35:40 AM
Quote from: morpheus on June 16, 2009, 09:26:27 AM
Quote from: Fork on June 16, 2009, 09:15:08 AM
Quote from: MikeC on June 16, 2009, 08:52:38 AM
Somehow after looking at Drudge's latest headliner i come to the thinking that this would never ever happen under George Bush.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashaot.htm

Media broadcasting from the Whitehouse to push a policy with no opposing views. What is this Cuba? Venezuela? Russia?

Damn that right leaning media is sure giving Obama a hard time. I wish they would just let Obama get his message out and stop getting in his way.

You're not even trying any more, are you?

I would note that none of you addressed the substantive point.  Whenever there's a State of the Union, for example, there's always a response from the oppposition party.  Why not in this case?

Unless you're reading BREAKING NEWS AROO AROO! on the Drudge Report.

RV, you aren't making sense.  I know you wanted to use your siren noise... but couldn't you have tied it to the topic somehow?
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: morpheus on June 16, 2009, 09:43:02 AM
Quote from: RV on June 16, 2009, 09:35:40 AM
Somehow after looking at Drudge's latest headliner i come to the thinking that this would never ever happen under George Bush.

Media broadcasting from the Whitehouse to push a policy with no opposing views. What is this Cuba? Venezuela? Russia?

Damn that right leaning media is sure giving Obama a hard time. I wish they would just let Obama get his message out and stop getting in his way.

I would note that none of you addressed the substantive point.  Whenever there's a State of the Union, for example, there's always a response from the oppposition party.  Why not in this case?

Unless you're reading BREAKING NEWS AROO AROO! on the Drudge Report.

RV, you aren't making sense.  I know you wanted to use your siren noise... but couldn't you have tied it to the topic somehow?

It just seems strange in my tiny lizard brain to use a Drudge story (that consists largely of a regurgitated angry memo from the RNC) as a jumping off point to complain about biased media coverage.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club

That was his substantive point?

QuoteOn the night of June 24, the media and government become one, when ABC turns its programming over to President Obama and White House officials to push government run health care -- a move that has ignited an ethical firestorm!

Highlights on the agenda:

ABCNEWS anchor Charlie Gibson will deliver WORLD NEWS from the Blue Room of the White House.

So far I gather that ABC will be broadcasting from the White House, apparently with an interview of the President and a townhall-style Q&A.

OMG.

THIS IS UNPRECEDENTED!!!!

ABC = PRAVDA!!!!!!!!
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Scarborough broadcasted from the White House in February.

Seriously, this is the best you've got? I'm disappointed.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on June 16, 2009, 09:11:17 AM
Quote from: Slak on June 16, 2009, 09:04:32 AM

What kind of music do you listen to?

Toby Keith.

No way.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Oleg on June 16, 2009, 09:57:42 AM

Toby Keith.

No way.

Looks like the Obamafascists have gotten to him, too!
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: ChuckD on June 16, 2009, 09:55:44 AM
Scarborough broadcasted from the White House in February.

Seriously, this is the best you've got? I'm disappointed.

And, as tribute to ChuckD's post #420...

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Oleg on June 16, 2009, 09:57:42 AM

Toby Keith.

No way.

Well, color me bamboozled, whatever color that is.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on June 16, 2009, 10:01:56 AM

Intrepid Reader: Tank

Black?

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on June 16, 2009, 10:02:44 AM
Quote from: Eli on June 16, 2009, 10:01:56 AM

Intrepid Reader: Tank

Black?

quit it wit the fucking posing lik eyou're super cool but really you're just stupoid and not smart.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tank on June 12, 2009, 11:51:07 PM
http://www.iranhumanrights.org/2009/06/electionfraud/

QuotePartial Vote Count Declaring Ahmadinejad Win Amidst Allegations of Widespread Fraud "Gross violation of the right to a free and fair election"

(13 June 2009) [As of 7 am Tehran time] After a disputed election, the offices of two reformist candidates, Mir Hossein Moussavi and Mehdi Karroubi were seized and locked by intelligence and security forces. As the Interior Ministry is declaring Ahmadinejad as the victor, the security apparatus loyal to him have taken to the streets in an overwhelming show of force.

According to unconfirmed reports, Mir Hossein Moussavi may have been detained by intelligence agents as he traveled to the Supreme Leader's residence to meet with him.

By all indications, the government of Ahmadinejad, which is in charge of conducting the elections and counting votes, is using a combination of intimidation and military might to prevent any challenges to announced results of the election.

"It appears that a coup has taken place in Iran overnight to force the results on other parties. These elections cannot be considered fair by any measure under such circumstances," said Hadi Ghaemi, spokesperson for the International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran.

Moussavi's official website, www.ghalamnews.ir, reported that when his supporters gathered around his headquarters to celebrate what they believed was his victory based on reports of his representatives at polling stations, police forces confronted them using pepper spray and violently dispersed them. Moussavi's headquarters have been since shut, similar to Karroubi's headquarters.

At 11 PM Tehran time, Moussavi told a press conference, "I am the absolute winner of the election by a very wide margin. It is our duty to defend people's votes. There is no turning back."

However, since then the situation seems to have drastically shifted in favor of Ahmadinejad, with continuous announcements of his wide margin of victory. According to reports from Tehran, heavy armed agents, many in plainclothes, have taken control of major intersections.

As of this writing, crowds of Ahmadinejad's supporters are reportedly already celebrating his victory in the streets.

The International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran expressed its serious concerns about the vote counting process and the intimidation of candidates to accept results of government counts without any challenge. The Campaign is also seriously concerned about the safety of Moussavi and Karroubi and their top advisors, as well as the possibility of violence against any protestors who may publicly challenge the government.

"The Iranian people, throughout this entire election process, believed that through peaceful and legal means significant change could be achieved and they participated enthusiastically, but their right to a free and fair election has been grossly violated," Ghaemi said.
Some powerful still shots of the post election riots:

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/06/irans_disputed_election.html
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: flannj on June 16, 2009, 12:46:52 PM
Some powerful still shots of the post election riots:

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/06/irans_disputed_election.html

Nice to see they've found things to burn other than American flags.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Intrepid Reader: Mike C

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-viral-obama-swats-fly-story,0,3687720.htmlstory

Those dickchugging bastards. Why is this news?

*But seriously, why are there over 900 news results for this?

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: IrishYeti on June 17, 2009, 12:45:27 AM
Intrepid Reader: Mike C

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-viral-obama-swats-fly-story,0,3687720.htmlstory

Those dickchugging bastards. Why is this news?

*But seriously, why are there over 900 news results for this?

I'd be more impressed if he'd gotten it with a pair of chopsticks...

That shit was impossible.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
It's time for your weekly ball-gargling update on how awesome Obama is doing. Or not.

Bad on transparency.

Quote"My Administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in Government" -- Barack Obama, January 28, 2009

QuotePresident Obama has embraced Bush administration justifications for denying public access to White House visitor logs even as advisers say they are reviewing the policy of keeping secret the official record of comings and goings.

Bad on "state secrets."

QuoteYesterday, the Justice Department [in a case brought against Bush officials for illegal spying] embraced the argument that the state secrets privilege . . . should shut down any litigation against the National Security Agency for its arguably illegal warrantless surveillance program.

QuotePresident Obama yesterday chose secrecy over disclosure, saying he will seek to block the court-ordered release of photographs depicting the abuse of detainees held by U.S. authorities abroad.

Bad on DOMA.

Quote"DOMA Is Consistent with Equal Protection and Due Process Principles." This is important because it means that Obama wasn't content to simply argue, based on technicalities, that this case should be thrown out. He went out of his way to argue that DOMA is actually constitutional, and then went into detail destroying every single constitutional argument we have for opposing DOMA in court.

At least this is good. But I can't help but think it's meant as a distraction from the incest

QuoteABC News has learned that tomorrow President Obama will sign a presidential memorandum extending benefits to the same-sex partners of gay and lesbian federal employees.