News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,288 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Waco Kid on June 17, 2009, 05:33:57 PM
Florida is the Austrailia of America

Australia is where Cubans go to live and Jews go to die?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
More IG problems for Obama? I guess Walpin isn't the only confused and out of touch Inspector General investigating sensitive issues.

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2009/06/not-just-walpin-3-ig-firings-being-questioned.html
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Please just stop, Mike.  You aren't changing anyone's minds and you aren't adding to the debate.

Popping in here to fire your scud and go hide again is just plain dumb.

We get it.  You hate Obama and everything he does.  If you want to keep doing this, at least take my angle with Soriano and go so over the top that it becomes caricature.  Right now, you're just a pain in the ass.

Can't wait for your Lord of the Flies angle.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 18, 2009, 09:31:58 AM
Please just stop, Mike.  You aren't changing anyone's minds and you aren't adding to the debate.

We get it.  You hate Obama and everything he does.  If you want to keep doing this, at least take my angle with Soriano and go so over the top that it becomes caricature.  Right now, you're just a pain in the ass.

Sorry dude - he's already gone...

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slak on June 18, 2009, 09:39:09 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 18, 2009, 09:31:58 AM

Sorry dude - he's already gone...

Rolled off on his Segway to patrol the mall?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
QuotePlease just stop, Mike.  You aren't changing anyone's minds and you aren't adding to the debate.

Ahhhh why so pissy? Its no different than you guys over the years doing it to Bush. What is the matter can't handle it now? I got it over the many years reading the comments on this site, you guys hated Bush and everything he did. Did you guys stop? Nawww you guys had a nice little back slapping good time hating on Bush and everything he did. You guys also did a pretty good job of forcing a few posters who didn't agree with you guys to just simply give up because your guys favorite tactic was  "Popping in here to fire your scud and go hide again."

On the political, economic, and foreign relations side, i never wanted Obama to win. On the flip side its a joy to not have Bush or any Republican as President. Its now Obama's turn to correct everything he claimed was wrong with the Bush presidency. You know that "fierce moral urgency" of "hope and change." Turns out the same stuff he claimed was being abused by Bush is now perfectly fine for Obama. Funny how its suddenly OK for some things just because a symbol gets changed from an R to a D. Even the press suddenly developed amnesia when those symbols changed. But don't accuse them of being biased, ohhhhhh nooooooooo.

I am having so much fun bringing up every questionable Obama Administration policy, action, or indiscretion. This is stuff Obama said he would change, fix, cleanup, or stop doing. The fact is he has done very little of what he has promised and done a whole lot of spending of tax payer dollars.

I am not here to be your friend on politics, i am not here to change your mind. I am just the guy pointing out a problem with IG's now. And if you don't like it you can build a website, register users and censor comments till you get a nice happy Al Yellon type site so all your little lemming friends can slap each other on the ass and say how horrible Bush was.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MikeC on June 18, 2009, 11:00:55 AM
And if you don't like it you can build a website, register users and censor comments till you get a nice happy Al Yellon type site so all your little lemming friends can slap each other on the ass and say how horrible Bush was.

So I guess I should at least thank you for building this one then.
TIME TO POST!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I am not here to be your friend on politics
What kind of friend of mine do you want to be?

Quotei am not here to change your mind.
Obviously.  As I said, you aren't interested in reasoned debate, just firing Qassams (directionless, weak missiles) and going back into hiding.

See you next press release.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
What is it that Tip O'Neil and Ronald Reagan used to say to each other's staffers when they'd pay social visits? "We're all friends here after 5:00."

Obama's IG issue is interesting, and I don't buy the White House's explanation (although I have a hard time believing KJ is a crook). I don't support many of Obama's positions, but I don't take joy in his missteps, and I hope like Hell that he knows what he's doing in re: Iran and North Korea. No one here hates America, except maybe for Chuck. He hates everything. Isn't that right, Chuck?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Brownie on June 18, 2009, 11:08:25 AM
What is it that Tip O'Neil and Ronald Reagan used to say to each other's staffers when they'd pay social visits? "We're all friends here after 5:00."

Obama's IG issue is interesting, and I don't buy the White House's explanation (although I have a hard time believing KJ is a crook). I don't support many of Obama's positions, but I don't take joy in his missteps, and I hope like Hell that he knows what he's doing in re: Iran and North Korea. No one here hates America, except maybe for Chuck. He hates everything. Isn't that right, Chuck?
I like Life cereal.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
You guys also did a pretty good job of forcing a few posters who didn't agree with you guys to just simply give up because your guys favorite tactic was  "Popping in here to fire your scud and go hide again."

I don't know what to say.

I just wanted to quote this.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
It should be noted on the Walpin issue that the White House attempted to remove him quickly by giving him an hour to resign or be fired. Obama is the one who sponsored legislation requiring a 30 day notice to Congress before taking any action.

I guess that law was only ment for the evil Bush. Obama would never ever abuse his power, and always follows the letter of the law. It would help if he started to follow the ones he sponsored though.

But hey more attacks towards me, keep avoiding the issue.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MikeC on June 18, 2009, 11:18:36 AM
It should be noted on the Walpin issue that the White House attempted to remove him quickly by giving him an hour to resign or be fired. Obama is the one who sponsored legislation requiring a 30 day notice to Congress before taking any action.

I guess that law was only ment for the evil Bush. Obama would never ever abuse his power, and always follows the letter of the law. It would help if he started to follow the ones he sponsored though.

You're absolutely right on this one. Obama promised more transparency and he's failed to deliver often. I can beat the drum all day on this. But RV even brought this up earlier this week. Mike, a good place to look for some analysis is reason.com as they have been very critical of both Bush and Obama. They've been all over this crap.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: MikeC on June 18, 2009, 11:18:36 AM

If you've been reading this thread, you'd see that I actually agree with your general point about executive power/state secrets. And I haven't seen any posters around here actually making the 'Obama did it, so it's OK with me!' argument. I think your use of this particular strawman is what gets people's dander up, because it's disingenuous, and doesn't contribute to a meaningful argument.

On the IG, I agree with the decision to remove Walpin. It appears that he was overreaching on the Kevin Johnson issue for political purposes. But I absolutely agree that his removal should have been subject to the 30 day rule, and not done in the dark of night. Hypocrisy sucks no matter what party the hypocrite is in.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I am having so much fun bringing up every questionable Obama Administration policy, action, or indiscretion. This is stuff Obama said he would change, fix, cleanup, or stop doing.

A salute to "The Organizer" by Jeff Cahill, right?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!