News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,295 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MikeC on June 19, 2009, 01:59:37 PM
What your left with is a leap of faith moment. Is your nation evil? Do you believe they are out to do harm to the average American? Do you view the US as a Soviet or Cuba style state? If you believe any of that then having the NSA spy on anything needs to be stopped. However i am of the believe that our nation does it best to protect its citizens and do the right thing in helping people all over the world. I don't mind snooping on a limited scope, i wouldn't be cool with the NSA investigating groups or people simpe because they have an opposing view to the party in power. But if those groups start buying large quantities of ammonia nitrate and talk about blowing up government places, i certainly hope the NSA is listening.

"Anything"?  NSA is still primarily a foreign-SIGINT operation last I heard.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
I believe the NSA and MI6 have arrangements to jointly listen in each other domestic population, so as not to violate their internal jurisdictional mandates.  Admittedly, I am unsure about this, so I am probably wrong.

MikeC, it shouldn't be the burden of the individual citizen to prove that they have no nefarious intent so that the government cannot listen to them.  The government should first prove to the FISA court that such conditions and evidence establish that such and such citizens are conspiring and that further surveillance is needed.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on June 19, 2009, 05:22:24 PM
I believe the NSA and MI6 have arrangements to jointly listen in each other domestic population, so as not to violate their internal jurisdictional mandates.  Admittedly, I am unsure about this, so I am probably wrong.

It wouldn't surprise me, but there's still a pragmatic issue--Menwith Hill and Australasian post(s) don't cover all US communication satellites, for example.  MI6 seems unlikely to be able to grab anything that NSA wouldn't be allowed able to in the first place.

[Edit.--Asymmetric, right.]
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on June 19, 2009, 05:22:24 PM

MikeC, it shouldn't be the burden of the individual citizen to prove that they have no nefarious intent so that the government cannot listen to them.  The government should first prove to the FISA court that such conditions and evidence establish that such and such citizens are conspiring and that further surveillance is needed.
It's funny how conservatives bash the government for being bloated, inefficient, and incapable of doing anything well.

But we need to have "faith" that they'll do the right thing with our private information.

National Defense is a government program!

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Wheezer on June 19, 2009, 09:53:32 PM
Quote from: Tank on June 19, 2009, 09:04:48 PM
http://www.ocweekly.com/2009-06-18/news/orly-taitz

It's always the dentists.

Wheezer's a rabid anti-dentite.

Oh, it starts with a few jokes and some slurs... "Hey, denty!"

Next thing you know, he's saying they should have their own schools.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Tank on June 19, 2009, 11:07:48 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on June 19, 2009, 09:53:32 PM
Quote from: Tank on June 19, 2009, 09:04:48 PM
http://www.ocweekly.com/2009-06-18/news/orly-taitz

It's always the dentists.

Wheezer's a rabid anti-dentite.

Oh, it starts with a few jokes and some slurs... "Hey, denty!"

Next thing you know, he's saying they should have their own schools.

They do have their own schools.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

"So far a Nobel Prize hasn't been awarded to Dr. Len Horowitz, but it should have been.
He relays some of the most provocative and important information in the world today."--Col. Bo Gritz

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Not exactly timely, I know, but...

More here:

http://obamathedevil.com/CARTOONS.html

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

"'This is so important that my personal safety and my life will be at risk while I get this message out,' said [9/11 'truther'] Dr. Kendrick. 'This is the most important issue of our time.'"

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

"The Browns have been barricaded inside their home for several months, after being convicted of tax evasion. They did not even attend their sentencing hearing, in which they were sentenced to five years in prison. The couple has not paid their taxes in more than a decade and owe nearly a quarter of a million dollars in back taxes.

"Elaine Brown once had her own dentist office in Lebanon.

"Ed Brown says he is armed and has promised a Waco like ending, saying he will not be taken alive."

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

"[Children's dentist Nancy Montgomery-Ware] hasn't filed a federal income tax return since 1999, she said, after 'doing my own research and gaining new understanding that really there is no such thing as a U.S. citizen.' Also, she said, the United States has the status of a corporation, and no person can be a citizen of a corporation.

"[Assistant U.S. Attorney Rachelle] Desvaux-Bedke cross-examined Montgomery-Ware, asking her about previous instances in which she had acknowledged that she was a U.S. citizen. In a loan application, for instance, she stated in several places that she was a citizen.

"Montgomery-Ware said she wrote 'All rights reserved' on most sections of the application but accidentally missed a couple of places. 'They didn't give me a choice to put my true status,' she said."

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
So with all the pundits warning that health care reform is IN DANGER after the DISASTROUS CBO scores for the bills coming out of the Finance and HELP committees (which were actually partial scores, not for the complete bills), I wonder why the Wyden/Bennett bill isn't getting more attention.

QuoteFor the Republicans, it gives them a plan that moves away from the third-party, employer-based payment system to one of individual responsibility. For the Democrats, it provides a plan that assures everyone will have access to coverage and provides the financing to get about everyone covered in the short-term.

QuoteBut here's the big one: Last week the Congressional Budget Office and the Joint Committee on Taxation said the Wyden-Bennett plan could be operational by 2012 and would be budget neutral by 2014! In health care terms, parting the Red Sea would be an easier accomplishment.

From all appearances, this is an actual bipartisan bill. One where a couple senators actually sat down over a long period of time and, you know, tried to come up with a solution they could both live with.

QuoteI was shot in the tailbone with good luck from the standpoint of the timetable. Peter Orszag, who was then the director of the CBO, and I spent 18 months together. It was every week on the sofas in our office going back and forth with various iterations and alternatives for the legislation.

As opposed to what currently passes for bipartisanship - "centrists" like Ben Nelson and Olympia Snowe sitting down and randomly adding and removing random aspects of the bill until we end up with a bill that doesn't make sense and doesn't please either the left or the right.

I'm not smart enough to know why, as a buttplugging pinko I shouldn't like this bill, or why morph as a slave-beating fascist shouldn't like it. Enlighten me, politifaggots.