News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,288 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on July 17, 2009, 11:36:46 AM
Changes are afoot for the NLRB...more work for moi.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/17/business/17union.html?_r=3&hpw=&pagewanted=print

The Democrats can take organized labor for granted because there is no practical alternaitve to the Democrats.  Every so often I hear grumbling about starting a "Labor Party".   That isn't going to happen.  Organized labor can't even afford to sit out an election because the Republicans don't have the qualms about taking advantage of legislative majorities that the Democrats have.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Lovie Smith and Jake Utler* are going to be at a Barry Hussein/DNC fundraiser on Thursday night...does this mean this thread now has synergy with the Bears Offseason thread?

*and at least 1 Desipiot
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Nate Silver issues a challenge...

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2009/07/challenge-to-climate-change-skeptics.html

QuoteSelective memory is a powerful thing. I'm not particularly certain when pointing out the fact that it might be cool or rainy in your hometown one afternoon became subject for worthwhile blog material, but you have started to see this all the time on certain conservative blogs, probably led by the example of Matt Drudge.

Therefore, because I'd like to see more accountability on all sides of this debate and because I'm tired of people who don't understand statistics and because I'd like to make some money, I issue the following challenge.

You are eligible for this challenge if:

1. You live in the United States and provide me with your home address and telephone number (I will provide you with mine) and,
2. You are a regular (at least once weekly) contributor to a political, economics or science blog with an Alexa traffic global ranking of 50,000 or lower.

The reason for the latter requirement is because I want to be able to shame/humiliate you if you back out of the challenge or refuse to pay, as I'd assume you'd do the same with me.

The rules of the challenge are as follows:

1. For each day that the high temperature in your hometown is at least 1 degree Fahrenheit above average, as listed by Weather Underground, you owe me $25. For each day that it is at least 1 degree Fahrenheit below average, I owe you $25.
2. The challenge proceeds in monthly intervals, with the first month being August. At the end of each month, we'll tally up the winning and losing days and the loser writes the winner a check for the balance.
3. The challenge automatically rolls over to the next month until/unless: (i) one party informs the other by the 20th of the previous month that he would like to discontinue the challenge (that is, if you want to discontinue the challenge for September, you'd have to tell me this by August 20th), or (ii) the losing party has failed to pay the winning party in a timely fashion, in which case the challenge may be canceled at the sole discretion of the winning party.

Any takers? You can reach me by clicking the 'Contact' button at the top of the page.

EDIT: No takers yet. Eligibility will remain open through Monday (the 20th). Limit three contestants within any one 100-mile geographic radius.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tank on July 19, 2009, 11:08:26 AM
Nate Silver issues a challenge...

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2009/07/challenge-to-climate-change-skeptics.html

QuoteSelective memory is a powerful thing. I'm not particularly certain when pointing out the fact that it might be cool or rainy in your hometown one afternoon became subject for worthwhile blog material, but you have started to see this all the time on certain conservative blogs, probably led by the example of Matt Drudge.

Therefore, because I'd like to see more accountability on all sides of this debate and because I'm tired of people who don't understand statistics and because I'd like to make some money, I issue the following challenge.

You are eligible for this challenge if:

1. You live in the United States and provide me with your home address and telephone number (I will provide you with mine) and,
2. You are a regular (at least once weekly) contributor to a political, economics or science blog with an Alexa traffic global ranking of 50,000 or lower.

The reason for the latter requirement is because I want to be able to shame/humiliate you if you back out of the challenge or refuse to pay, as I'd assume you'd do the same with me.

The rules of the challenge are as follows:

1. For each day that the high temperature in your hometown is at least 1 degree Fahrenheit above average, as listed by Weather Underground, you owe me $25. For each day that it is at least 1 degree Fahrenheit below average, I owe you $25.
2. The challenge proceeds in monthly intervals, with the first month being August. At the end of each month, we'll tally up the winning and losing days and the loser writes the winner a check for the balance.
3. The challenge automatically rolls over to the next month until/unless: (i) one party informs the other by the 20th of the previous month that he would like to discontinue the challenge (that is, if you want to discontinue the challenge for September, you'd have to tell me this by August 20th), or (ii) the losing party has failed to pay the winning party in a timely fashion, in which case the challenge may be canceled at the sole discretion of the winning party.

Any takers? You can reach me by clicking the 'Contact' button at the top of the page.

EDIT: No takers yet. Eligibility will remain open through Monday (the 20th). Limit three contestants within any one 100-mile geographic radius.

I think that they call it "global warming", not "my hometown warming".
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
The end of Todd?

Quote"I'm in," declared West Side Congressman Danny Davis by phone from Washington on Friday morning.

Davis had worked late the night before on President Obama's health-care bill, which passed out of the House Ways and Means Committee just before midnight. But as much as Davis loves policy work, as important as his seat on the Ways and Means committee is to Illinois, after six terms he's coming home.

"I'm in" means he's leaving Congress to run for president of the Cook County Board in 2010, a position now occupied by the embattled Todd Stroger, who says he's running too.

And in other news, this "Family"/C Street business is creepy as hell.

QuoteWe now know that the Family was aware of Sen. Ensign's affair long before Doug Hampton's wounded pride forced it into the public. What's more, if Hampton is to be believed, their concern with the payoffs made by Ensign and his parents to his mistress's family was that they were too small; operating in a medical and spiritual capacity, Sen. Coburn counseled $1.2 million, according to Hampton. Coburn is no hypocrite -- he's a true believer in the faith of the Family, the idea that the chosen need to look out for one another. Christian right leader -- and Watergate felon -- Chuck Colson, converted through the efforts of the Family, has boasted of it as a "veritable underground of Christ's men all through government."

QuoteMen under the Family's religio-political counsel include, in addition to Ensign, Coburn and Pickering, Sens. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and Jim DeMint and Lindsey Graham, both R-S.C.; James Inhofe, R-Okla., John Thune, R-S.D., and recent senators and high officials such as John Ashcroft, Ed Meese, Pete Domenici and Don Nickles. Over in the House there's Joe Pitts, R-Penn., Frank Wolf, R-Va., Zach Wamp, R-Tenn., Robert Aderholt, R-Ala., Ander Crenshaw, R-Fla., Todd Tiahrt, R-Kan., Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., Jo Ann Emerson, R-Mo., and John R. Carter, R-Texas. Historically, the Family has been strongly Republican, but it includes Democrats, too.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
Where is all the good Obama news of him saving the United States and the world? You would think with him fixing everything you guys would be chugging on his dick 24/7 about how awesome he is over Bush.

My guess is with the Stimulus turning out to be a real turd, cap and trade talk, another turd trying to be forced down your throats in Health Care Reform, The IG scandals, the government ownership of car companies (sales down 22%, like no one saw that coming), massive tax increases looming, and Obama's bold faced lies about how he was going to run a more open and transparent government compared to Bush, there just isn't a whole lot of good news coming out from Obama world.

I will be watching to see if Obama has the stones to say "We Rescued the Economy" tonight. Lets see the stimulus was supposed to create 3 million jobs and cap unemployement from rising above 8%. Its above 9.5% and the economy has lost 3 million jobs.

But hey lets fear monger about health care tonight and try to convince the American people about another bill you have no idea whats in again, i am sure things will turn out just as good. Just lather on its all Bush's fault, throw in a catchy change/hope slogan, lie to peoples faces and they will come back and vote for you again.

The only thing stopping this country from going down the failed route of free health care is those Blue Dog Democrats who actually look to be standing firmly in the way of this. The first side to show a real spine against Obama is a small block of Democrats, good for them.
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MikeC on July 22, 2009, 03:47:44 PM
Where is all the good Obama news of him saving the United States and the world? You would think with him fixing everything you guys would be chugging on his dick 24/7 about how awesome he is over Bush.

My guess is with the Stimulus turning out to be a real turd, cap and trade talk, another turd trying to be forced down your throats in Health Care Reform, The IG scandals, the government ownership of car companies (sales down 22%, like no one saw that coming), massive tax increases looming, and Obama's bold faced lies about how he was going to run a more open and transparent government compared to Bush, there just isn't a whole lot of good news coming out from Obama world.

I will be watching to see if Obama has the stones to say "We Rescued the Economy" tonight. Lets see the stimulus was supposed to create 3 million jobs and cap unemployement from rising above 8%. Its above 9.5% and the economy has lost 3 million jobs.

But hey lets fear monger about health care tonight and try to convince the American people about another bill you have no idea whats in again, i am sure things will turn out just as good. Just lather on its all Bush's fault, throw in a catchy change/hope slogan, lie to peoples faces and they will come back and vote for you again.

The only thing stopping this country from going down the failed route of free health care is those Blue Dog Democrats who actually look to be standing firmly in the way of this. The first side to show a real spine against Obama is a small block of Democrats, good for them.

So when did you finally decide you had enough and move out of the country?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

We need to have a sitdown soon and figure out royalty payments on the song lyrics your writing for CamoCargoConspiracy.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Wait...who's doing the fear-mongering about health care?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Oleg on July 22, 2009, 04:14:26 PM

Wait...who's doing the fear-mongering about health care?

I liked the part where MikeC said that change is a catchy slogan then says the plan to change health care is a turd. That was well done.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
But hey lets fear monger about health care tonight...

I don't think most Americans need anyone to tell them how much our current health insurance system sucks.

Statistics that help quantify this are sometimes helpful, though (if a bit "faggy").

The only thing stopping this country from going down the failed route of free health care...

You're referring to the Free Health Care Act of 2009 as proposed by Congressman Ivan McCommie (Homocrat, State of Frenchylvania), right?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Talking to Mike C. about politics is like talking to Chuck about Soriano.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MAD on July 22, 2009, 05:08:21 PM

Intrepid Reader: Gordo

So you think Soriano and Obama are one and the same, do you?  RACIST!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PiniellaTailOnTheDonkey on July 22, 2009, 05:25:15 PM
Quote from: MAD on July 22, 2009, 05:08:21 PM

Intrepid Reader: Gordo

So you think Soriano and Obama are one and the same, do you?  RACIST!
Soriano has much better teeth.