News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,294 )

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread
« Reply #2160 on: September 04, 2009, 10:33:54 AM »
Quote from: Jon on September 04, 2009, 10:32:42 AM
I'd vote for him.

What if he ran against Kodos?
Hire Jim Essian!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread
« Reply #2161 on: September 04, 2009, 11:08:20 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 04, 2009, 10:33:54 AM
I'd vote for him.

Well, that's ridiculous.  Kodos was born in Kenya.

World B Free

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #2162 on: September 04, 2009, 11:11:50 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on September 04, 2009, 11:08:20 AM
I'd vote for him.

Well, that's ridiculous.  Kodos was born in Kenya.

So that would be the second Kenyan overlord that we'd have running the country? 

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2163 on: September 04, 2009, 11:55:32 AM »
I'd vote for him.

Then I would vote for Puny Human #2. Because I think his 3-cent titanium tax does go too far enough.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2164 on: September 04, 2009, 12:09:19 PM »
Clinton's health care plan was pretty much an exact copy of the '72 Nixon plan.

There is a reason why this man was probably the best Republican president since TR - save his personal shortcomings.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2165 on: September 04, 2009, 12:48:59 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on September 04, 2009, 12:09:19 PM
Clinton's health care plan was pretty much an exact copy of the '72 Nixon plan.

There is a reason why this man was probably the best Republican president since TR - save his personal shortcomings.

TR would be run out of the modern Republican party. As would Lincoln.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #2166 on: September 07, 2009, 11:04:58 PM »
I can't believe Minnesotans actually elected this clown...

http://www.dustytrice.com/?p=6421

(I guess they can't all be Roland Burris, but still... Way to go, douchebags.)
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #2167 on: September 08, 2009, 01:50:19 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 07, 2009, 11:04:58 PM

It's not often when I say I am impressed by a politician, but damn, that was impressive.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2168 on: September 08, 2009, 07:41:10 AM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on September 08, 2009, 01:50:19 AM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 07, 2009, 11:04:58 PM

It's not often when I say I am impressed by a politician, but damn, that was impressive.

Well, it wasn't Nixonian, but still... [actually, that was the most coherent 10 minutes on health care I heard in this entire debate].
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2169 on: September 08, 2009, 08:47:18 AM »
Future US Senator Alexi Giannoulias?  http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/article.pl?articleId=32332

The family of state Treasurer and U.S. Senate candidate Alexi Giannoulias pulled $70 million out of its Broadway Bank in 2007 and 2008, just as Broadway's high-octane growth strategy collided with the housing meltdown that has now put the lender's future in question.

Surging loan defaults are hammering Broadway, which grew rapidly to more than $1 billion in assets in the past five years and consistently ranked at the top of Crain's list of the most profitable local banks. By one measure, Broadway now is the second-weakest bank of its size in the Chicago area.

Without a substantial injection of new equity capital, Broadway could be fighting for survival and facing regulatory action during the heat of Mr. Giannoulias' Senate race next year. On his Web site, the Democrat touts his experience as a former banker at Broadway.

Broadway Bank paid more in shareholder dividends the past two years than any privately held local bank in its size range.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2170 on: September 08, 2009, 10:22:38 AM »
Ed Sherman says Barney Frank is stopping poor caddies from going to college.

QuoteLast year, the BMW was in St. Louis while Cog Hill was being renovated. Thanks to big crowds from a town that was anxious to see pro golf, the WGA earned $3.3 million for the Evans Scholars, a program that awards scholarship money to caddies.

However, Mr. Kaczkowski is comparing this year's tournament to 2007 in terms of revenue. In 2007, the WGA netted $2.4 million for the Evans Scholars.

He projects this year's tournament will "hopefully net $2 million."

"We'll be substantially down," he said.

"The Frank Effect" has been telling, Mr. Kaczkowski said.

"Early on, we had companies say, 'Hey, we just don't have the money,' " Mr. Kaczkowksi said. "Then it went to, 'We can't risk being associated with the tournament' after Frank's statements."

QuoteIn fact, several companies that remain on as sponsors won't be displaying their names. If you were observant, you actually saw it at the recent Solheim Cup at Rich Harvest Farms. There were signs that said "Villa No. 2." That was code for, "We don't want to advertise to Rep. Frank that we're out here."

You will see the same thing at Cog Hill.

The Wednesday Pro-Am, another huge moneymaker, also has been impacted. The WGA went from having a waiting list for slots (which go for $8,000) to actively selling the event. Again, it largely was due to the "Frank Effect."

"No. 1, they didn't want to be seen on the golf course," Mr. Kaczkowski said. "No. 2, they can't find customers who want to be seen on the course."

As a result of Mr. Frank's statements and the economy, the tournament had to make adjustments to try to offset the lost sponsorship revenue. A large marketing campaign had helped pre-tournament ticket sales jump 10% compared with 2007. If the weather cooperates, Mr. Kaczkowski said, the tournament should draw more than 150,000 people for the week, surpassing 2007.

But ticket sales only go so far. The loss of sponsorship money is a huge hole to fill.

The bottom line is that the Evans Scholars will have less cash to offer scholarships this year. Perhaps as many as 50 deserving students/caddies won't receive the opportunity to go to college.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2171 on: September 08, 2009, 11:36:06 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 08, 2009, 10:22:38 AM

QuoteLast year, the BMW was in St. Louis while Cog Hill was being renovated. Thanks to big crowds from a town that was anxious to see pro golf, the WGA earned $3.3 million for the Evans Scholars, a program that awards scholarship money to caddies.

However, Mr. Kaczkowski is comparing this year's tournament to 2007 in terms of revenue. In 2007, the WGA netted $2.4 million for the Evans Scholars.

"Early on, we had companies say, 'Hey, we just don't have the money,' " Mr. Kaczkowksi said. "Then it went to, 'We can't risk being associated with the tournament' after Frank's statements."

QuoteIn fact, several companies that remain on as sponsors won't be displaying their names. If you were observant, you actually saw it at the recent Solheim Cup at Rich Harvest Farms. There were signs that said "Villa No. 2." That was code for, "We don't want to advertise to Rep. Frank that we're out here."

The Wednesday Pro-Am, another huge moneymaker, also has been impacted. The WGA went from having a waiting list for slots (which go for $8,000) to actively selling the event. Again, it largely was due to the "Frank Effect."

"No. 1, they didn't want to be seen on the golf course," Mr. Kaczkowski said. "No. 2, they can't find customers who want to be seen on the course."

As a result of Mr. Frank's statements and the economy, the tournament had to make adjustments to try to offset the lost sponsorship revenue. A large marketing campaign had helped pre-tournament ticket sales jump 10% compared with 2007. If the weather cooperates, Mr. Kaczkowski said, the tournament should draw more than 150,000 people for the week, surpassing 2007.

But ticket sales only go so far. The loss of sponsorship money is a huge hole to fill.

The bottom line is that the Evans Scholars will have less cash to offer scholarships this year. Perhaps as many as 50 deserving students/caddies won't receive the opportunity to go to college.

The world needs ditch-diggers, too.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2172 on: September 08, 2009, 12:08:05 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 08, 2009, 11:36:06 AM

I remember the Evans Scholars house at UI.  It was tremendously expensive and housed some tremendously un-scholarly people.  This is all about getting a digg in at Barney Frank, which I'm cool with.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2173 on: September 08, 2009, 12:20:16 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on September 08, 2009, 12:08:05 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 08, 2009, 11:36:06 AM

I remember the Evans Scholars house at UI.  It was tremendously expensive and housed some tremendously un-scholarly people.  This is all about getting a digg in at Barney Frank, which I'm cool with.

That. If I remember correctly, they actually had a huge new house going up about 4 or 5 years ago. On my list of people to feel sorry for at the moment, the Spaulding Smailses of the world are pretty far down there. Maybe they can auction off a couple of the gold bidets from that swanky new pad to make up for the lost scholarships.

I also don't think it's too ridiculous to assume that cost cutting measures put into effect by pretty much every company in this economy - including a decrease corporate sponsorships - might be a teeny tiny contributing factor (while obviously nowhere near as devastating as THE BARNEY FRANK EFFECT) to the WGA's problems.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2174 on: September 08, 2009, 12:23:03 PM »
The Evans Scholars recipients are hardly the Spaulding Smailses of the world. They are the Danny Noonans of the world.