News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,291 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Stories about how Obama raped the car industry.

"Everyone knew Detroit's reputation for insular, slow-moving cultures. Even by that low standard, I was shocked by the stunningly poor management that we found, particularly at GM, where we encountered, among other things, perhaps the weakest finance operation any of us had ever seen in a major company."

"The cultural deficiencies were equally stunning. At GM's Renaissance Center headquarters, the top brass were sequestered on the uppermost floor, behind locked and guarded glass doors. Executives housed on that floor had elevator cards that allowed them to descend to their private garage without stopping at any of the intervening floors (no mixing with the drones)."

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BH on October 21, 2009, 02:52:32 PM

"Everyone knew Detroit's reputation for insular, slow-moving cultures. Even by that low standard, I was shocked by the stunningly poor management that we found, particularly at GM, where we encountered, among other things, perhaps the weakest finance operation any of us had ever seen in a major company."

"The cultural deficiencies were equally stunning. At GM's Renaissance Center headquarters, the top brass were sequestered on the uppermost floor, behind locked and guarded glass doors. Executives housed on that floor had elevator cards that allowed them to descend to their private garage without stopping at any of the intervening floors (no mixing with the drones)."

So then why did Obama make them have such shitty management. What a terrible leader.

RE: the bold - does this make anyone else think of Hudsucker Proxy?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Cillit Bang on October 21, 2009, 02:57:52 PM

So then why did Obama make them have such shitty management. What a terrible leader.

The dysfunctional environment at GM shouldn't surprise anyone. But it's never the government's business to intervene.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Brownie on October 21, 2009, 03:05:42 PM

The dysfunctional environment at GM shouldn't surprise anyone. But it's never the government's business to intervene.

That was my lame attempt at flippancy. Please ignore me in here.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Brownie on October 21, 2009, 03:05:42 PM

Politics aside, an awfully interesting article.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
It confirms the theory that if you want to learn how NOT to run a business, just examine how GM's family of manufacturers and GM ran after approximately 1965.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Brownie on October 21, 2009, 03:22:03 PM
It confirms the theory that if you want to learn how NOT to run a business, just examine how GM's family of manufacturers and GM ran after approximately 1965.

It was the model of efficiency compared to pre- and post-Iaccoca Chrysler.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on October 21, 2009, 05:09:44 PM
Quote from: Brownie on October 21, 2009, 03:22:03 PM

It was the model of efficiency compared to pre- and post-Iaccoca Chrysler.

True in the sense that Neifi Perez was Babe Ruth next to Aaron Miles.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Adolf Obama is taxing us to death!

QuoteFederal taxes in fiscal year 2009 claimed the smallest share of GDP since 1950—14.9 percent according to the Congressional Budget Office (see top figure). The revenue drop has many causes: tax reductions in this year's economic stimulus, the collapse of the economy, and the Bush tax cuts from earlier in the decade.

On a serious note, THIS:

QuoteReaching fiscal balance will take some combination of spending cuts and tax increases. What we don't need is more tax cuts.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: R-V on October 22, 2009, 10:52:03 AM
QuoteReaching fiscal balance will take some combination of spending cuts and tax increases. What we don't need is more tax cuts.
No one is paying any taxes anyway.  There's nothing to cut.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: R-V on October 22, 2009, 10:52:03 AM
Adolf Obama is taxing us to death!

QuoteFederal taxes in fiscal year 2009 claimed the smallest share of GDP since 1950—14.9 percent according to the Congressional Budget Office (see top figure). The revenue drop has many causes: tax reductions in this year's economic stimulus, the collapse of the economy, and the Bush tax cuts from earlier in the decade.

On a serious note, THIS:

The fall off in federal revenue is the more proximate cause of this year's budget deficit than any form of profligate spending on the part of the administration.  I believe that the stimulus added only 250 billion to the deficit in FY09. 

Go figure.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Hooray!

QuoteIf the parking meter deal put a bad taste in your mouth, try swallowing this: Chicago is considering leasing its water system to help fix the budget.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: R-V on October 26, 2009, 09:29:50 AM
Hooray!

QuoteIf the parking meter deal put a bad taste in your mouth, try swallowing this: Chicago is considering leasing its water system to help fix the budget.

Hopefully not to Countryside.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
Hooray!

After the trouble free parking meter deal I don't see what could possibly go wrong with this.

World B Free

• Pollyellon Fan Club
Quote from: Waco Kid on October 26, 2009, 09:41:36 AM
Hooray!

After the trouble free parking meter deal I don't see what could possibly go wrong with this.

Maybe the mayor can lease out the streets to a private contractor or each cubicle in the office buildings in the loop.  Not sure if he considered that.  How is it that this guy keeps getting re-elected?