News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,277 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on November 17, 2009, 09:30:53 AM
Quote from: Fork on November 17, 2009, 09:26:53 AM
Newsweek is owned by that hotbed of LIBRUL MEDIA, the Washington Post.

And, yes, I read the Post opinions every day.

That "newsweek is garbage" comment wasn't politically driven. I just think it's a shitty magazine. I like Time.

I read both, they each have writers with merit, and some true dolts. Krauthammer will show up in Newsweek, which tips the dolt scale their way.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on November 17, 2009, 09:26:01 AM
Newsweek is garbage, so this doesn't surprise me, and I hate that bitch with a fiery passion for the havoc she's brought to my party, but that is a pretty questionable use.

You know, of all the things about politics, this is what I get the least.  Unless I am wrong, no one who posts here (save 242) is actually a member of any political party.  Sure, we have our leanings and preferences, but none of us are in the party.

Further, I just had this talk with the 10 Year Old last night.  He was asking me some stuff about why I don't like Palin.  "It's because she's a Republican, right?" he asked.  No, I told him.  It's because she's a quitter and an idiot, it has nothing to do with party.  I then told him that politics is not like sports and the problem is that many people treat it like it is.  This isn't hoping the Cubs/Dems will beat the Mets/GOP.  Politics is really about leadership and governing.  I don't want a certain team to win, I want the people with the best ideas to win.

If more of us were interested in ideas, and MSNBC and FOX News were less like ESPN and Comcast Sports Net (each backing a specific team) and instead more like the BBC, perhaps not only would our discourse be better, but we would actually make real progress in order to form a more perfect Union.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 17, 2009, 09:33:28 AM
Newsweek is garbage, so this doesn't surprise me, and I hate that bitch with a fiery passion for the havoc she's brought to my party, but that is a pretty questionable use.

You know, of all the things about politics, this is what I get the least.  Unless I am wrong, no one who posts here (save 242) is actually a member of any political party.  Sure, we have our leanings and preferences, but none of us are in the party.

Further, I just had this talk with the 10 Year Old last night.  He was asking me some stuff about why I don't like Palin.  "It's because she's a Republican, right?" he asked.  No, I told him.  It's because she's a quitter and an idiot, it has nothing to do with party.  I then told him that politics is not like sports and the problem is that many people treat it like it is.  This isn't hoping the Cubs/Dems will beat the Mets/GOP.  Politics is really about leadership and governing.  I don't want a certain team to win, I want the people with the best ideas to win.

If more of us were interested in ideas, and MSNBC and FOX News were less like ESPN and Comcast Sports Net (each backing a specific team) and instead more like the BBC, perhaps not only would our discourse be better, but we would actually make real progress in order to form a more perfect Union.

But I am a registered Republican? And I don't just blindly treat it like a sports contest, and I don't defend people simply for being Republican. I hate Sarah Palin and I have since day one. I just think she has a point that that photo was misused.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World B Free

• Pollyellon Fan Club

I agree.  It's too bad that corporate interests cloud this on both sides and the best ideas are usually left out.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on November 17, 2009, 09:35:26 AM
I just think she has a point that that photo was misused.

Yeah.  It's use should be limited to it's original purpose - using her image for selling magazines.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #2690 on: November 17, 2009, 09:42:02 AM »
So I guess the country is fixed right? Since this is what apparently passes for news, I'll just assume it is.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

I was registered as a Democrat in NY - I didn't see party registration on the Illinois form - but I donate time and money to the Democratic Party. Short of actually running for office, that's as member-y as you can get.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World B Free

• Pollyellon Fan Club
I wanted to get back to this prosperity gospel stuff.  What the hell was that?  god tells you to buy a house and you buy the most unaffordable one?  Where did working hard and saving suddenly go?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MAD on November 17, 2009, 09:22:10 AM
And yes, we get Newsweek delivered.  Have at it.

This guy is cool with me.

Besides, I assume that it's just to balance out your Z Magazine subscription.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

You know, of all the things about politics, this is what I get the least.  Unless I am wrong, no one who posts here (save 242) is actually a member of any political party.  

I'm still a regsitered Democrat, but have long considered myself a Disenchanted Independent.  I even gave money to 242's campaign, lousy Republican scum.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
That's a picture that's perfectly acceptable in the context of a running magazine but seems like an odd choice in a political article.

This.

Let's not play dumb. This is patently transparent, and a retarded fucking photo to boot...

(JO fodder for Yeti.)
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: World B Free on November 17, 2009, 09:44:02 AM
I wanted to get back to this prosperity gospel stuff.  What the hell was that?  god tells you to buy a house and you buy the most unaffordable one?  Where did working hard and saving suddenly go?

What about the "camel through a needle's eye" thing, or Jesus and the moneychangers?

Maybe these people need to do more than read the Cliff's Notes to the Bible.
TIME TO POST!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on November 17, 2009, 09:54:37 AM
That's a picture that's perfectly acceptable in the context of a running magazine but seems like an odd choice in a political article.

This.

Let's not play dumb. This is patently transparent, and a retarded fucking photo to boot...

(JO fodder for Yeti.)

Schaaaawinngg!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
She's got a nice pair a stems.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 17, 2009, 10:06:32 AM
She's got a nice pair a stems.

I want to put my man stem between her gams, inside her lady cave.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"