News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,281 )

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 24, 2009, 02:39:50 PM
It's not Rezko that's Obama's problem, it's Alexi.

Do explain. You have some inside info?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on November 24, 2009, 02:45:09 PM

No inside info, just Occam's Razor.  Alexi and his family have a bank that's had some questionable ties.  Despite all this, Obama, who no one questions his political instincts, is tight with Alexi, going so fas as to have Alexi on the dais during the inauguration.

Why would Obama do this?  What does a 33 year old banker who oversaw a lot of bad loans provide to a South Side of Chicago state senator who was already in with Daley / Emanuel?

Were I a guy gunning for Obama, that's where I would investigate.  How could Obama's past continued association with Alexi benefit him?

World B Free

• Pollyellon Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 24, 2009, 02:54:40 PM

No inside info, just Occam's Razor.  Alexi and his family have a bank that's had some questionable ties.  Despite all this, Obama, who no one questions his political instincts, is tight with Alexi, going so fas as to have Alexi on the dais during the inauguration.

Why would Obama do this?  What does a 33 year old banker who oversaw a lot of bad loans provide to a South Side of Chicago state senator who was already in with Daley / Emanuel?

Were I a guy gunning for Obama, that's where I would investigate.  How could Obama's past continued association with Alexi benefit him?

All I know is if the senate race in November is between him or Kirk, I'm voting lizard people.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 24, 2009, 02:54:40 PM

No.

Chuck, you somehow think that not one GOP opposition researcher has already looked into this?

Alexi isn't some shadowy figure that nobody knows about. He's the state treasurer.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: R-V on November 24, 2009, 03:13:52 PM
Chuck, you somehow think that not one GOP opposition researcher has already looked into this?

Alexi isn't some shadowy figure that nobody knows about. He's the state treasurer.

Oh, come on RV.  Hay has been made with far less.  What's keeping this hay clear?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 24, 2009, 03:20:58 PM

Oh, come on RV.  Hay has been made with far less.  What's keeping this hay clear?

Is clear hay similar to Crystal Gravy?

Maybe a GOP strategist stopped by Desipio and saw that Internet Chuck was pushing this story, proving decisively that it was a dead end.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #2811 on: November 24, 2009, 03:49:13 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 24, 2009, 03:20:58 PM

Wouldn't Occam's Razor suggest that the GOP (being well-versed in digging up scandals) looked in to it and found nothing of note.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Gene Healy suggests the individual mandate might be unconstitutional. No, he doesn't suggest it, he says it:
In its "Findings" section, Reid's bill hits all the jurisprudential buzzwords: The individual mandate "substantially affects interstate commerce," and regulates "activity that is commercial and economic in nature." Activity like standing around without health insurance? Apparently so.

Yet, as the Congressional Budget Office noted in a 1994 evaluation of Clintoncare, an individual mandate would be "unprecedented. ... The government has never required people to buy any good or service as a condition of lawful residence in the United States."

Even the Supreme Court ought to recognize the "you exist, therefore you're regulated" rationale as a bridge too far. But court-watchers have learned never to underestimate the justices' creativity in inventing new rationalizations for constitutionalizing the unconstitutional.

If the court eventually has to rule on the mandate, don't be surprised if the rationalization goes something like this: "Encouraging" people to buy a product is really nothing new. Wickard shows that Congress can use the Commerce Power to force people to carry out transactions they'd rather avoid.

Since Obamacare also bars insurers from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions, without a requirement to purchase insurance, the healthy would have an incentive to drop their coverage, and enter the market only when they got sick.

But members of Congress swear an oath to uphold the Constitution — not the court's funhouse-mirror version of it.

Supporters of national health care are counting on congressmen not to take that obligation very seriously. Their attitude toward the rule of law echoes that famously expressed by FDR in 1935. Trying to push through a key New Deal measure, Roosevelt wrote to an important congressman: "I hope your committee will not permit doubts as to constitutionality, however reasonable, to block the suggested legislation."

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Brownie on November 24, 2009, 04:03:56 PM
In its "Findings" section, Reid's bill hits all the jurisprudential buzzwords: The individual mandate "substantially affects interstate commerce," and regulates "activity that is commercial and economic in nature." Activity like standing around without health insurance? Apparently so.

No, activity like using the health care system.

Or, to quote one of those rarest of moments when Chuck was right...

Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 06, 2009, 04:00:47 PM
Quote from: MikeC on November 06, 2009, 03:58:30 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 06, 2009, 03:17:51 PM
Quote from: MikeC on November 06, 2009, 03:10:58 PM
Question.........if/when Health Care reform is put in place, should people be sent to jail and fined for not having insurance?
Do you have car insurance?  It's the law.

Ah but I can choose to not drive and still not get fined or go to jail.
You could also choose not to go to a hospital if you get sick.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #2815 on: November 24, 2009, 10:02:15 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on September 23, 2009, 07:48:52 PM
So, a portent of things to come, or an isolated incident, I ask you, MORTON KONDRACKE!!!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jbzG_BlkG2Hfc818EPRRn1bBlP6gD9AT92400

WRONG!

Patty Cake, Patty Cake, Baker's Buchanan?

Suicide.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/25/us/25census.html

QuoteThe Kentucky census worker found hanging from a tree with the word "fed" scrawled on his chest staged his death to look like a homicide so that his son could collect his life insurance, the authorities said Tuesday.

"We believe this was an intentional act," said Trooper Don Trosper, a Kentucky State Police spokesman. "We believe the aim was to take his own life."

The naked body of the census worker, Bill Sparkman, was found Sept. 12 hanging from a tree near a cemetery in the Daniel Boone National Forest in southeastern Kentucky.

One of the witnesses who found the body said Mr. Sparkman, 51, was bound with duct tape, gagged and had an identification badge taped to his neck. A rope was tied around his neck, attached to a tree, and the word "fed" was on his chest, the police said.

The death attracted national attention and prompted concerns that it might be a sign of increased animosity toward the federal government in the first year of Barack Obama's presidency.

The police said they analyzed the ink on Mr. Sparkman's chest to determine if someone else had written the word. They concluded that the letters had been written from the bottom to the top, which is not how another person would have written them while facing Mr. Sparkman.

The police also found no evidence of a struggle, and there was only Mr. Sparkman's DNA on the rag in his mouth and near his body.

Mr. Sparkman's hands were bound, but loosely, allowing him to move them a shoulder-width apart. The police added that they believed Mr. Sparkman had acted alone in manipulating the scene to conceal the suicide.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2816 on: November 24, 2009, 10:31:12 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on November 24, 2009, 10:02:15 PM
So, a portent of things to come, or an isolated incident, I ask you, MORTON KONDRACKE!!!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jbzG_BlkG2Hfc818EPRRn1bBlP6gD9AT92400

WRONG!

Suicide.

QuoteThe Kentucky census worker found hanging from a tree with the word "fed" scrawled on his chest staged his death to look like a homicide so that his son could collect his life insurance, the authorities said Tuesday.

"We believe this was an intentional act," said Trooper Don Trosper, a Kentucky State Police spokesman. "We believe the aim was to take his own life."

The naked body of the census worker, Bill Sparkman, was found Sept. 12 hanging from a tree near a cemetery in the Daniel Boone National Forest in southeastern Kentucky.

One of the witnesses who found the body said Mr. Sparkman, 51, was bound with duct tape, gagged and had an identification badge taped to his neck. A rope was tied around his neck, attached to a tree, and the word "fed" was on his chest, the police said.

The death attracted national attention and prompted concerns that it might be a sign of increased animosity toward the federal government in the first year of Barack Obama's presidency.

The police said they analyzed the ink on Mr. Sparkman's chest to determine if someone else had written the word. They concluded that the letters had been written from the bottom to the top, which is not how another person would have written them while facing Mr. Sparkman.

The police also found no evidence of a struggle, and there was only Mr. Sparkman's DNA on the rag in his mouth and near his body.

Mr. Sparkman's hands were bound, but loosely, allowing him to move them a shoulder-width apart. The police added that they believed Mr. Sparkman had acted alone in manipulating the scene to conceal the suicide.

Well, if he had the policy for more than two years it would have likely paid on the suicide anyway. 

Which means his last hour or so on earth was completely pointless and wasted.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2817 on: November 24, 2009, 10:45:02 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 24, 2009, 10:31:12 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on November 24, 2009, 10:02:15 PM

WRONG!

Suicide.

Well, if he had the policy for more than two years it would have likely paid on the suicide anyway. 

Which means his last hour or so on earth was completely pointless and wasted.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/US/us-census-worker-bill-sparkman-committed-suicide/story?id=9167408

QuoteTwo life insurance plans had also been taken out by Sparkman, a single father, right before the time of his death, but payment for suicide was precluded, said police.

Seems like a red flag of sorts.

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 21, 2009, 03:49:15 PM
Quote from: MikeC on November 21, 2009, 01:43:27 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 20, 2009, 11:27:12 AM
Quote from: Brownie on November 20, 2009, 11:02:06 AM
Bartlett's right. The medicare drug bill was crappy legislation. However, is Bartlett suggesting those that made mistakes should repeat them? (I know, I know, Bartlett is suggesting they lose their jobs, and I would agree).

No, he's saying that someone who voted for a budget buster should shut his yapper over a bill designed to be budget neutral.

It's not the same mistake, it's a different one.

Health Care reform is going to be budget neutral? Do you honestly believe that?

And when it isn't budget neutral can we cancel it? No? Then who really cares if it is budget neutral or not, the goal is Health Care for all (well except for the 20-30 million left out in this bill) damn the costs.

Let me propose this question.....if it wasn't budget neutral would you still want it?
Do you even know I want it? 

No.  Of course you don't.  You've avoided every question put to you.

Here's another: Did you support Medicare Part D?  If so, why would you be against this bill?  If not, why are you not working to unseat everyone who voted for it?

No I did not want Medicare Part D, it was nothing more than a shoddy attempt to gain votes and went against everything about reducing the scope of government. And that is the internal struggle that the GOP is going through. Whether they should be Democrat light and expand the federal government to garner support or return to Conservative Values and try to reduce the size of government and its influence in the private citizens lives.

What we can't keep doing is adding more and more stuff onto the Federal Budget and never taking anything away. Some things have to be cut and taxes have to be lowered. Its the whole reason why this country came into existence, taxes, taxes and taxes. People don't like paying a huge portion of their income and it going to people they don't believe deserve it or work hard enough to get it. What happens is the Republicans come in and get taxes lowered but they can't cut anything because they are instantly demonized for cutting services people now depend on. And for the last 100 years its been add add add, lower taxes here and there to say we care about the people, repeat over and over, bam we suddenly owe a shitload of money for crap we can't afford.

Republicans might give up on the lowering taxes thing if Democrats would stop adding more shit to the budget and actually cut things out to pay off our debt. I will pay higher taxes for the next 20 years if it puts our nation back in the black, but no way in hell will i support higher and higher taxes to pay for more and more expensive crap this nation does not and can not afford. Most importantly get some real Republicans with backbones who will not do stupid crap like Medicare Part D which further compounds the problem.

Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MikeC on November 25, 2009, 01:25:14 PM
Republicans might give up on the lowering taxes thing if Democrats would stop adding more shit to the budget and actually cut things out to pay off our debt.

Republicans will never give up on the "lowering taxes thing" because it's all they have ("Vote for us!  Free money!").  And, when they are in control, they add more to the budget than the Dems have.

I suppose the Clinton-Gingrich model was the best we've ever had.  Maybe getting the House back to GOP hands would be a good thing.  Then again, Cantor is just a more effeminate version of Pelosi.  He's not Newt.

Quote from: MikeC on November 25, 2009, 01:25:14 PM
I will pay higher taxes for the next 20 years if it puts our nation back in the black, but no way in hell will i support higher and higher taxes to pay for more and more expensive crap this nation does not and can not afford. Most importantly get some real Republicans with backbones who will not do stupid crap like Medicare Part D which further compounds the problem.

Congrats.  You're a grown up.