News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Anthony Rizzo DongFest Thread  ( 69,605 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Anthony Rizzo DongFest Thread
« Reply #270 on: August 07, 2015, 04:43:40 PM »
Trying to do too much the last couple ABs. Setting up the late inning dong nicely, though (and the play action pass).
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #271 on: August 07, 2015, 06:52:44 PM »
I enjoyed Dexter Fowler saying after the game, "We've all been riding Bus 44 for a while."
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #272 on: August 07, 2015, 10:52:26 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 07, 2015, 06:52:44 PM
I enjoyed Dexter Fowler saying after the game, "We've all been riding Bus 44 for a while."

And the ever-quick Jim Deshaies saying that "Bus 24" had a helluva day.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #273 on: August 12, 2015, 11:17:57 PM »
Why's this on page 2? BUMP!

http://m.mlb.com/video/v361676983/milchc-rizzo-makes-incredible-grab-falls-in-crowd/?game_pk=415352

What makes me really happy is that after he made such a ridiculously sweet play, Rizzo remembered there was a runner on first and fired the ball back in just in case. Just titsteaks all around.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #274 on: August 13, 2015, 05:58:47 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on August 12, 2015, 11:17:57 PM

http://m.mlb.com/video/v361676983/milchc-rizzo-makes-incredible-grab-falls-in-crowd/?game_pk=415352

What makes me really happy is that after he made such a ridiculously sweet play, Rizzo remembered there was a runner on first and fired the ball back in just in case. Just titsteaks all around.

The standing on the tarp play is the one that's getting all the attention but the play earlier where he fielded the putout on Hammel's throw on the sac bunt & then fired across the diamond to catch a snoozing Gennett was even bigger as it wiped out a runner who was about to be on third with one out.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #275 on: August 13, 2015, 07:20:30 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 13, 2015, 05:58:47 AM

The standing on the tarp play is the one that's getting all the attention but the play earlier where he fielded the putout on Hammel's throw on the sac bunt & then fired across the diamond to catch a snoozing Gennett was even bigger as it wiped out a runner who was about to be on third with one out.

Tony's made some pretty stellar heads up plays on defense this year. The double play where he let the popped up bunt drop and then threw to second against the Mets back in May was good one, too.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #276 on: August 13, 2015, 07:31:41 AM »

I didn't watch the game, just caught the last inning or so on radio. Didn't know that a runner would get to advance on a play where the player falls in to the stands making a catch, but I still think it's pretty swell that the first thing Rizzo thought after making a web gem (before he'd even stepped down from the seat) was to fire the ball back in to the infield.

And, having watched it, you're right: that throw to grab Gennett was aces. That's .99 theoretical runs saved between the two plays if you're wondering, Female Merril Hoges.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #277 on: August 13, 2015, 09:17:49 AM »

Pretty sure he's gone to the top of my wife's Celebrity 5.

Pretty sure I'm OK with that.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #278 on: August 13, 2015, 09:19:40 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on August 13, 2015, 07:31:41 AM

I didn't watch the game, just caught the last inning or so on radio. Didn't know that a runner would get to advance on a play where the player falls in to the stands making a catch, but I still think it's pretty swell that the first thing Rizzo thought after making a web gem (before he'd even stepped down from the seat) was to fire the ball back in to the infield.

And, having watched it, you're right: that throw to grab Gennett was aces. That's .99 theoretical runs saved between the two plays if you're wondering, Female Merril Hoges.

The throw to nail Gennett was awesome and it will probably be forgotten because of the catch. I know the common thought is that first base defense isn't that important, but it's sure nice to have a good/smart defender at a position that handles the ball a lot.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #279 on: August 13, 2015, 09:19:54 AM »

Hey Chuck?

PAY THE FUCK ATTENTION
According to Rule 7.04 (c), "If a fielder, after having made a legal catch, should fall into a stand or among spectators or into the dugout or any other out-of-play area while in possession of the ball after making a legal catch, or fall while in the dugout after making a legal catch, the ball is dead and each runner shall advance one base, without liability to be put out, from his last legally touched base at the time the fielder fell into, or in, such out of play area."

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #280 on: August 13, 2015, 10:17:22 AM »

We got ourselves a non-smoking Mark Grace with a bit more pop and who is a much better base runner.  This makes me happy.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #281 on: August 13, 2015, 10:51:13 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on August 13, 2015, 10:17:22 AM

We got ourselves a non-smoking Mark Grace with a bit more pop and who is a much better base runner.  This makes me happy.

And not a waste of tissue as a despicable human being.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #282 on: August 13, 2015, 10:52:39 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 13, 2015, 09:19:54 AM

Hey Chuck?

PAY THE FUCK ATTENTION
According to Rule 7.04 (c), "If a fielder, after having made a legal catch, should fall into a stand or among spectators or into the dugout or any other out-of-play area while in possession of the ball after making a legal catch, or fall while in the dugout after making a legal catch, the ball is dead and each runner shall advance one base, without liability to be put out, from his last legally touched base at the time the fielder fell into, or in, such out of play area."

Sorry, I haven't gone full Huard on MLB's enthralling rulebook. P.S. I'm ChuckD. ^^^ That's Chuck.

*You never go full Huard.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #283 on: August 13, 2015, 10:57:08 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on August 13, 2015, 10:52:39 AM
Quote from: PANK! on August 13, 2015, 09:19:54 AM

Hey Chuck?

PAY THE FUCK ATTENTION

Sorry, I haven't gone full Huard on MLB's enthralling rulebook. P.S. I'm ChuckD. ^^^ That's Chuck.

*You never go full Huard.

I was more offended that you didn't remember the catch by Rizzo in that frustrating loss in the middle of a go-nowhere season last year.  To be honest I did not know the rule at the time myself and was furiously tweeting at Dave B. because I'd have thought that the runner would've actually gotten TWO bases, since the ole' "two bases from the time of the throw (as opposed to that lame-o softball rule "1 base PLUS the one you're going to")"  mantra  automatically rings in my head from my days as a little league umpire on an ball thrown out of play.  Dave made the distinction for me that a throw is a little different than carrying a ball out of play, which only entitles the runner to one base, as noted above in my BELOVED RULEBOOK.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #284 on: August 13, 2015, 11:28:40 AM »
Tony Ballgame is a very smart player and he makes me feel tingly in my undercrackers.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.