News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Anthony Rizzo DongFest Thread  ( 69,619 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Anthony Rizzo DongFest Thread
« Reply #330 on: October 01, 2015, 09:09:57 AM »

Anthony Rizzo is currently 5th all-time among Cubs' lefthanded home run hitters with 100, 6 behind Rick Monday.

That lets you know how damn few lefthanded power bats have existed throughout the history of the Cubs.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #331 on: October 01, 2015, 09:19:18 AM »
Read this instead of SKO's tweets bemoaning Rizzo's September slump.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2015-mlb-mvp-debate-bryce-harper-yoenis-cespedes-anthony-rizzo/

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #332 on: October 01, 2015, 09:34:48 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 01, 2015, 09:19:18 AM

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2015-mlb-mvp-debate-bryce-harper-yoenis-cespedes-anthony-rizzo/

This is awesome. I don't have to worry about Tony being cold then, because these games don't matter. He'll obviously be fine in the playoffs, where everything is clutch.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #333 on: October 01, 2015, 10:34:43 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 01, 2015, 09:34:48 AM
Quote from: R-V on October 01, 2015, 09:19:18 AM

This is awesome. I don't have to worry about Tony being cold then, because these games don't matter. He'll obviously be fine in the playoffs, where everything is clutch.

I think you will find that there is a fatal flaw in that analysis, which becomes apparent when you look at the AL Position Least Valuable Player listings.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #334 on: October 05, 2015, 01:55:32 PM »
Pretty sure this is the thread where we had some good laughs at old Trueblood's expense.

Now he's redefining the Rookie of the Year award to the Rookie with the Best Combination of Performance and Zips Projections award. Or something.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #335 on: October 05, 2015, 01:58:30 PM »
Quote from: R-V on October 05, 2015, 01:55:32 PM
Pretty sure this is the thread where we had some good laughs at old Trueblood's expense.

Now he's redefining the Rookie of the Year award to the Rookie with the Best Combination of Performance and Zips Projections award. Or something.

He's definitely blocked me so care to transcribe?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #336 on: October 05, 2015, 02:01:10 PM »

This is a great first episode of "When Good Stats Go Bad."
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #337 on: October 05, 2015, 02:08:30 PM »

He'd never vote for a pitcher for ROY because they're more likely to get injured in the future? The mind boggles.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #338 on: October 05, 2015, 02:11:44 PM »
Has he blocked Slaky yet?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #339 on: October 05, 2015, 02:17:35 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 05, 2015, 02:08:30 PM

He'd never vote for a pitcher for ROY because they're more likely to get injured in the future? The mind boggles.

I love the way he responded "you both asked, here's my methodology!"

Meaning he posted the entire thing in the first place so as to have an excuse to show off his "genius" once some outraged person asked how he came up with such an answer.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #340 on: October 05, 2015, 03:52:10 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 05, 2015, 02:17:35 PM

Meaning he posted the entire thing in the first place so as to have an excuse to show off his "genius" once some outraged person asked how he came up with such an answer.

Quote from: Pencildick
I have a different paradigm than most for RoY. I look for even mix of best season, best future.

Gosh he's just so precious. I like how he redefines the Rookie OF THE YEAR Award to the Best Future Player In Matthew Trueblood's Subjective Opinion Except for Pitchers And Anyone Else I Arbitrarily Deem Unworthy. Why does BP pay this guy?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #341 on: October 05, 2015, 04:13:36 PM »

Damn you people, this is all in the wrong thread.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #342 on: October 05, 2015, 04:15:31 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 05, 2015, 04:13:36 PM

Damn you people, this is all in the wrong thread.

This post has nothing to do with Anthony Rizzo. MODS!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #343 on: October 05, 2015, 04:18:21 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 05, 2015, 03:52:10 PM

I have a different paradigm than most for RoY. I look for even mix of best season, best future.

Gosh he's just so precious. I like how he redefines the Rookie OF THE YEAR Award to the Best Future Player In Matthew Trueblood's Subjective Opinion Except for Pitchers And Anyone Else I Arbitrarily Deem Unworthy. Why does BP pay this guy?

This. This isn't Most Valuable Player where "valuable" is open to some interpretation and invites the stats vs value to team etc. This is literally "Rookie of the Year", as in singular, as in this year, jackass.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #344 on: October 05, 2015, 04:19:32 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 05, 2015, 04:18:21 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 05, 2015, 03:52:10 PM

This. This isn't Most Valuable Player where "valuable" is open to some interpretation and invites the stats vs value to team etc. This is literally "Rookie of the Year", as in singular, as in this year, jackass.

So, on top of everything else, he feels like Kerry Wood was undeserving of Rookie of the Year. 

That's all I need to know.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.