News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Anthony Rizzo DongFest Thread  ( 69,581 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Anthony Rizzo DongFest Thread
« Reply #375 on: April 06, 2016, 11:47:01 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on April 06, 2016, 11:42:25 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 06, 2016, 11:04:01 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on April 06, 2016, 10:51:25 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on April 06, 2016, 09:09:23 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on April 06, 2016, 08:55:39 AM
Rizzo's dangerously close to leapfrogging Dawson as my #2 all-time. He is the fucking balls.

I feel like having FAVORITE PLAYERS at my age is extremely childish. But then LeBron's dong falls out of my mouth and I realize I'm a fucking fetus. That said, it's hard to pick a favorite on this team. Arrieta has to be it for me though. He is everything that is man.

I'm older than you and will wear #14 as long as I play ball.

I like the idea that having a favorite team of adults wearing matching pajamas who play stickball (to the point that we spend hours posting about them on the internet and invest our blood, sweat, tears, and money) is an adult thing, but picking ONE of those pajama wearing players that you like more than any of the others is childish.

I think this is possibly an example of how I aggravate those of you who care to be aggravated by me: I don't like wearing jerseys to the ballpark/Cubs events. But I wear jerseys all the time at home, especially in summer and on the weekends when I'm teaching.

I desperately want a good Rizzo jersey, but the new home uniforms are hideous. HIDEOUS, because of the stupid cool-base technology or whatever the fuck they're calling it. I don't want to spend $250 on a jersey that'll resemble having a diaper attached if I'm wearing it untucked, which I certainly will be doing.

I have a Rizzo jersey I got for Christmas. I wear it all the time, unashamedly. I also have a Rich Harden jersey because my ex-sister in law got it for 5 bucks at a flea market and gave it to me, and fuck it, I wear that, too.

I like my team. Baseball is fun. Jerseys are fun. Sports should be fun. It's all childish and there's nothing wrong with that.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #376 on: April 06, 2016, 11:53:55 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 06, 2016, 11:47:01 AM
Rizzo's dangerously close to leapfrogging Dawson as my #2 all-time. He is the fucking balls.

I feel like having FAVORITE PLAYERS at my age is extremely childish. But then LeBron's dong falls out of my mouth and I realize I'm a fucking fetus. That said, it's hard to pick a favorite on this team. Arrieta has to be it for me though. He is everything that is man.

I like the idea that having a favorite team of adults wearing matching pajamas who play stickball (to the point that we spend hours posting about them on the internet and invest our blood, sweat, tears, and money) is an adult thing, but picking ONE of those pajama wearing players that you like more than any of the others is childish.

I think this is possibly an example of how I aggravate those of you who care to be aggravated by me: I don't like wearing jerseys to the ballpark/Cubs events. But I wear jerseys all the time at home, especially in summer and on the weekends when I'm teaching.

I desperately want a good Rizzo jersey, but the new home uniforms are hideous. HIDEOUS, because of the stupid cool-base technology or whatever the fuck they're calling it. I don't want to spend $250 on a jersey that'll resemble having a diaper attached if I'm wearing it untucked, which I certainly will be doing.

I have a Rizzo jersey I got for Christmas. I wear it all the time, unashamedly. I also have a Rich Harden jersey because my ex-sister in law got it for 5 bucks at a flea market and gave it to me, and fuck it, I wear that, too.

I like my team. Baseball is fun. Jerseys are fun. Sports should be fun. It's all childish and there's nothing wrong with that.

Except wearing a customized jersey with one's own name to a game. It's impossible not to look like a tool.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #377 on: April 06, 2016, 12:21:15 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on April 06, 2016, 11:53:55 AM

Except wearing a customized jersey with one's own name to a game. It's impossible not to look like a tool.

Oh that is bad. As is wearing another team's jersey as a troll job (Cardinals fans wearing Bartman jerseys, etc.). Otherwise wear whatever jerseys you want whenever.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #378 on: April 06, 2016, 12:43:19 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 06, 2016, 12:21:15 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on April 06, 2016, 11:53:55 AM

Oh that is bad. As is wearing another team's jersey as a troll job (Cardinals fans wearing Bartman jerseys, etc.). Otherwise wear whatever jerseys you want whenever.

Frankenjerseys are the only thing that might be as bad as one that has #69 on it.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #379 on: April 06, 2016, 01:29:02 PM »

I'm not talking about favorite players from my formative years. I've got Walter Payton, Andre Dawson and Patrick Ewing on a pedestal that will never topple. Arrieta could pitch a perfect game and hit a three-run dong off the top of the scoreboard in the seventh game of the World Series and yes, things would happen to my emotions that would render all other human experiences moot. But the guys I loved growing up will always be my favorites.  

EDIT: If LeBron were to win seven titles and sport a Crying Jordan Head t-shirt at the final parade, this whole conversation would be over.

EDITED AGAIN: But that would make him every bit the douchecannon that Jordan is, having given that barf-worthy HOF speech that proceeded his actual tears in that meme. So no. Payton, Dawson, Ewing and then everyone else.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #380 on: April 06, 2016, 01:34:36 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on April 06, 2016, 01:29:02 PM

I'm not talking about favorite players from my formative years. I've got Walter Payton, Andre Dawson and Patrick Ewing on a pedestal that will never topple. Arrieta could pitch a perfect game and hit a three-run dong off the top of the scoreboard in the seventh game of the World Series and yes, things would happen to my emotions that would render all other human experiences moot. But the guys I loved growing up will always be my favorites.  

EDIT: If LeBron were to win seven titles and sport a Crying Jordan Head t-shirt at the final parade, this whole conversation would be over.

EDITED AGAIN: But that would make him every bit the douchecannon that Jordan is, having given that barf-worthy HOF speech that proceeded his actual tears in that meme. So no. Payton, Dawson, Ewing and then everyone else.

You forgot Mickey Morandini.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #381 on: April 06, 2016, 02:06:55 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 06, 2016, 01:34:36 PM

And Tee Martin.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #382 on: April 06, 2016, 02:11:02 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on April 06, 2016, 02:06:55 PM

And Tee Martin.

Yes.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #383 on: April 06, 2016, 10:34:59 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on April 06, 2016, 02:06:55 PM

And Tee Martin.

And Joe Kmak.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #384 on: April 07, 2016, 09:43:28 PM »
Bump for tagging on a foul out to catcher.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #385 on: April 08, 2016, 08:21:24 AM »
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #386 on: April 08, 2016, 08:30:27 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on April 07, 2016, 09:43:28 PM

FYSKO

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #387 on: April 08, 2016, 08:31:22 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on April 08, 2016, 08:30:27 AM

FYSKO

Had to think really hard why that was directed at me, but once I figured it out I appreciate the attention to detail.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #388 on: April 08, 2016, 09:33:08 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 08, 2016, 08:31:22 AM

FYSKO

Had to think really hard why that was directed at me, but once I figured it out I appreciate the attention to detail.

I still don't know...so, I'll ask.  Huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #389 on: April 08, 2016, 09:35:57 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on April 08, 2016, 09:33:08 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 08, 2016, 08:31:22 AM

FYSKO

I still don't know...so, I'll ask.  Huh?

I bitch about David Ross a lot. My main complaint is that they got rid of Beef for absolutely nothing to make room for Ross. Beef fucked up the throw to second on that play by Rizzo that led to the run scoring. Beef therefore sucks, and I am stupid to bitch about Ross. Therefore the FYSKO