News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2006 Redux: Seattke Returns  ( 25,868 )

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Re: 2006 Redux: Seattke Returns
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2011, 07:54:08 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 16, 2011, 07:42:38 PM
Quote from: fiveouts on January 16, 2011, 06:37:10 PM
Quote from: CT III on January 16, 2011, 06:34:55 PM
Quote from: fiveouts on January 16, 2011, 05:10:23 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 16, 2011, 05:06:03 PM
Fro Dog, true to form as always: http://firedustybaker2.wordpress.com/2011/01/16/another-near-catastrophe/

That guy's doing a bit, right?  This has to be a "meatball fan" parody.

I love Fro so much:

QuoteAll the Bears had to do was play like they did the first three quarters. Then all of a sudden, they start to look like the defense we saw most of the regular season. Big plays, lots of yards and quick touchdowns. The defense was once again fortunate as time ran out on the Seahawks to complete their comeback.

Why didn't they just play the same way in the 4th quarter that they did in the first 3?  God, it's so simple!

Its strange.  I thought all they had to do was win the game.  

Why you gutless, bullshit tolerating sheeple...

THE BEARS MUST WIN 59-TO-NOTHING DAMMIT!!!

I'm not necessarily happy with how the defense played in the 4th, but that was essentially garbage time. Things would've been different if the score had been closer in terms of defensive approach.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Reuschels_Jowls

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2011, 08:06:43 PM »
I had two major issues with the fourth quarter, namely Martz's decision to get cutesy with a 28-3 lead and first down near midfield with that idiotic pass/INT from Forte out of the wildcat. Someone tell Martz to please not fucking do that again.

The other one was somehow getting beat over the top on the play before the final TD, despite having eight (and possibly nine) guys dropped into coverage. How the hell is that even possible?

But jeez, I'm not going to let those two annoyances outweigh the satisfaction I got from watching the Bears jam their cleats up Pete Carroll's trojan-hole all day. Sheesh.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2011, 08:07:29 PM »
Quote from: R-V on January 14, 2011, 10:41:03 AM
Quote from: SKO on January 14, 2011, 10:11:56 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 14, 2011, 09:15:25 AM
David Huh? thinks the 2006 Bears would pwn this year's version.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-0114-bears-haugh-chicago--20110113,0,3415672.column

I liked the 2006 O-Line and really hope we can see Cutler working behind (||) a group that stout sometime soon. I think that unit alone gives that team a slight edge depending on when you make the comparison. To me it's important to note whether it's the '06 Bears pre/post Tommie Harris' injury. Before Tommie went down, this statement from Haugh rings true:

QuoteThat defense looked meaner, quicker and more feared and disruptive. It consistently created the feeling something big was about to happen because it generally did — and we'll always have the Dennis Green beer commercials to prove it.

But after? Pffft. This team would put points up against that playoff team. And Peppers would eat Grossman alive. Special Teams are obviously a wash. Coaching-wise? Fuck do I know?

To continue from my reply on the other thread... I really think the 2006 offense vs. the 2010 offense as it is right now would actually be the 2010 offense with an edge in everything But the line. Cutler tops Grossman, Forte and Jones are more or less a wash, although I think Forte is actually an even better receiver. Jones was good out of the backfield, but Forte can actually split out and play as well as most slot receivers. I'd take Knox over Berrian as my deep threat and the Hester/Bennett/Aromashadu/Rashied Davis group beats out Stone Hands Muhammed/Where is Mark Bradley?/2006 Rashied. Olsen is a better matchup problem for defenses than Clark was, but Clark was a better blocker.

I just really got pissed at the insinuation that Cutler and Grossman had "basically the same year." I've been waiting for that simply because the counting stats ended up so similar. I mean Cutler's Adjusted YPA this year was 7.0. Rex's was 5.7. They're not even remotely close.

Agreed with everything except the Olsen/Clark part. 2006 Desmond was better at all things tight end than Olsen is. Olsen may be a better athlete, but it doesn't really translate to much production-wise.

O RLY?!
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2011, 08:25:47 PM »
Quote from: Reuschels_Jowls on January 16, 2011, 08:06:43 PM
I had two major issues with the fourth quarter, namely Martz's decision to get cutesy with a 28-3 lead and first down near midfield with that idiotic pass/INT from Forte out of the wildcat. Someone tell Martz to please not fucking do that again.

Well, it obviously didn't work for shit, but I don't think it's a 100% awful idea do do a few wacky
things to set up future plays.

Unrelated, but anyone bitching about the yards given up late in the game need to give it up and
get a new shtick.  That's what the Bears do.  It's their philosophy.

I do so love it when the Bears all of a sudden switch it up and start playing aggressive pass coverage
and knock the qb/receiver timing to hell.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2011, 08:30:16 PM »
Quote from: Pre on January 16, 2011, 08:25:47 PM

Well, it obviously didn't work for shit, but I don't think it's a 100% awful idea do do a few wacky

Unrelated, but anyone bitching about the yards given up late in the game need to give it up and

I do so love it when the Bears all of a sudden switch it up and start playing aggressive pass coverage

My bitch isn't with Martz for giving Dom Capers another look to think about. I have the same beef Martz had with Forte, which is that every HB option play since Jr. High comes with the stipulation that if your first read isn't wide fucking open you don't throw it. And yeah, I thought it was awesome how the Bears played on third down early in the game when Hasselbeck would look for Williams short. Tillman was not interested in allowing that.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2011, 09:17:53 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 16, 2011, 07:42:38 PM
Quote from: fiveouts on January 16, 2011, 06:37:10 PM
Quote from: CT III on January 16, 2011, 06:34:55 PM
Quote from: fiveouts on January 16, 2011, 05:10:23 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 16, 2011, 05:06:03 PM
Fro Dog, true to form as always: http://firedustybaker2.wordpress.com/2011/01/16/another-near-catastrophe/

That guy's doing a bit, right?  This has to be a "meatball fan" parody.

I love Fro so much:

QuoteAll the Bears had to do was play like they did the first three quarters. Then all of a sudden, they start to look like the defense we saw most of the regular season. Big plays, lots of yards and quick touchdowns. The defense was once again fortunate as time ran out on the Seahawks to complete their comeback.

Why didn't they just play the same way in the 4th quarter that they did in the first 3?  God, it's so simple!

Its strange.  I thought all they had to do was win the game.  

Why you gutless, bullshit tolerating sheeple...

Moo.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Reuschels_Jowls

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2011, 09:21:55 PM »

I don't mind the yards. But the whole point of that is to give up the plays over the middle. Not get beat 50 yards over the top. But again, like I said, quibbles. Bears pwned Seattke today.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2011, 09:25:10 PM »
Quote from: Reuschels_Jowls on January 16, 2011, 09:21:55 PM

I don't mind the yards. But the whole point of that is to give up the plays over the middle. Not get beat 50 yards over the top. But again, like I said, quibbles. Bears pwned Seattke today.

They actually weren't in prevent on that one. They sent the safety on a blitz and Hasselbeck identified the one-on-one. Jennings got beat. It happens.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2011, 09:35:18 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 16, 2011, 09:25:10 PM

They actually weren't in prevent on that one. They sent the safety on a blitz and Hasselbeck identified the one-on-one. Jennings got beat. It happens.

Looked like he was trying to guess the route, figured the WR would turn around and he wanted the pick. Guessed wrong. I don't think he'd play that guessing game had the outcome still been in question.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2011, 09:39:50 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 16, 2011, 09:35:18 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 16, 2011, 09:25:10 PM

Looked like he was trying to guess the route, figured the WR would turn around and he wanted the pick. Guessed wrong. I don't think he'd play that guessing game had the outcome still been in question.

Yeah, or he thought the ball would die on Hasselbeck as it had been doing all day. Either way, yeah, they'd wouldn't dick around with a much smaller lead.

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2011, 12:06:50 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 16, 2011, 08:30:16 PM

My bitch isn't with Martz for giving Dom Capers another look to think about. I have the same beef Martz had with Forte, which is that every HB option play since Jr. High comes with the stipulation that if your first read isn't wide fucking open you don't throw it. And yeah, I thought it was awesome how the Bears played on third down early in the game when Hasselbeck would look for Williams short. Tillman was not interested in allowing that.

On that play, I just would have liked Forte to pull it down and run through the gaping Jenna Jameson sized hole on the right side of the line. 

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2011, 12:12:15 AM »
All of you guys are missing the big picture from today's game. It's not that the Bears advanced in the playoffs, or that Cutler proved himself in a big game, or that they are playing their biggest rival for the conference championship next week. Everyone is forgetting that they got REVENGE for a random loss in the middle of the season to a team in another division that nobody really cares about. REVENGE!!!!!!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2011, 04:03:12 AM »
Quote from: R-V on January 16, 2011, 02:43:39 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 16, 2011, 02:40:54 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 16, 2011, 02:37:04 PM
Quote from: Shooter on January 16, 2011, 02:33:45 PM
Quote from: BC on January 16, 2011, 02:14:26 PM
All I know is Ron Turner would've called that crap fade pattern three straight times right there...

We're only a "Bears can't win when Dick Stockton does the game" reference from hitting all of BC's Bears talking points.

All I know is that Chuck thinks Lovie is the offensive coordinator http://twitter.com/ivychat/status/26739699347365888

Right, SKO.  Those are earmuffs on Lovie's head.

That clinches it. Chuck and BC can ruin ANYTHING.

Watching the game last night, I actually caught myself thinking "even BC must be enjoying this".  How naïve of me.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2011, 06:21:57 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 17, 2011, 04:03:12 AM
All I know is Ron Turner would've called that crap fade pattern three straight times right there...

We're only a "Bears can't win when Dick Stockton does the game" reference from hitting all of BC's Bears talking points.

All I know is that Chuck thinks Lovie is the offensive coordinator http://twitter.com/ivychat/status/26739699347365888

Watching the game last night, I actually caught myself thinking "even BC must be enjoying this".  How naïve of me.

People must think that a random Scottish dude living in the Netherlands who has strong attachments to the city of Chicago, which he has visited one time (as far as I know), is a really bizarre kinda thing.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2011, 06:35:47 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 17, 2011, 06:21:57 AM
Quote from: Tonker on January 17, 2011, 04:03:12 AM

People must think that a random Scottish dude living in the Netherlands who has strong attachments to the city of Chicago, which he has visited one time (as far as I know), is a really bizarre kinda thing.

Twice, man, I've been twice.  I'm practically Chicagoan.

But yes, they do.  If Chicago wasn't so awesome, I might be bothered.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.