News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers  ( 203,082 )

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers
« Reply #240 on: September 15, 2009, 02:43:17 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on September 15, 2009, 02:26:49 PM
Quote from: Ghost of Dave Rosello on September 15, 2009, 02:18:26 PM
Quote from: Fork on September 15, 2009, 02:13:14 PM
Quote from: BH on September 15, 2009, 01:53:13 PM
"Jay Cutler drew marked criticism from former NFL head coaches Jim Mora and Mike Martz for his performance during Sunday's game as well as the post-game press conference.
After his four interceptions ruined a stellar defensive performance by the Bears, Cutler refused to accept blame and offered little more than cliches by way of explanation. "When I saw that postgame press conference last night, I thought he looked completely immature," Mora said. "He acted like he didn't even care." Added Lovie Smith's mentor Mike Martz: "He just doesn't get it." Cutler's maturity level has been in question ever since his orchestrated Denver exit in March and April.
Source: Chicago Sun Times "

If they're so fucking smart, why aren't they coaching somewhere?

Because they're shitty coaches?

I will say this, the Bears would be wise to invest in some media training for Cutler. He comes across about as poorly as any professional athlete I've ever seen in an interview setting. He always looks somebody just shot his dog.

Outside of washed up former head coaches and the morans at ESPN, does anybody really give a shit about how Cutler handles the media?

The same people who think The Cubs have to deal Zambrano because Miles will make a couple of million dollars next year?

Ghost of Dave Rosello

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #241 on: September 15, 2009, 02:48:44 PM »
"Jay Cutler drew marked criticism from former NFL head coaches Jim Mora and Mike Martz for his performance during Sunday's game as well as the post-game press conference.
After his four interceptions ruined a stellar defensive performance by the Bears, Cutler refused to accept blame and offered little more than cliches by way of explanation. "When I saw that postgame press conference last night, I thought he looked completely immature," Mora said. "He acted like he didn't even care." Added Lovie Smith's mentor Mike Martz: "He just doesn't get it." Cutler's maturity level has been in question ever since his orchestrated Denver exit in March and April.

I will say this, the Bears would be wise to invest in some media training for Cutler. He comes across about as poorly as any professional athlete I've ever seen in an interview setting. He always looks somebody just shot his dog.

Outside of washed up former head coaches and the morans at ESPN, does anybody really give a shit about how Cutler handles the media?

Strictly from a PR standpoint, if you're the Bears and you shelled out serious coin for the face of your franchise you don't want him to look like Droopy Dog.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #242 on: September 15, 2009, 02:55:57 PM »
Quote from: Ghost of Dave Rosello on September 15, 2009, 02:48:44 PM

Strictly from a PR standpoint, if you're the Bears and you shelled out serious coin for the face of your franchise you don't want him to look like Droopy Dog.

I would hope that if the Bears shelled out serious coin for him that they would be most concerned about his play on the field. Good play and winning games is the best PR they can possibly have.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #243 on: September 15, 2009, 02:59:14 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on September 15, 2009, 02:55:57 PM

I would hope that if the Bears shelled out serious coin for him that they would be most concerned about his play on the field. Good play and winning games is the best PR they can possibly have.

I know it's en vogue to pile on, but GODR has a fairly valid point about wanting your star players to have some media training.
Obviously the play on the field is key, and good play will offset anything else, but you want the guys to be at least reasonably good with the media.

I'm not judging Cutler on his media skills, just in general here for any superstar.

resume piling on...
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #244 on: September 15, 2009, 03:02:21 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 15, 2009, 02:59:14 PM

I know it's en vogue to pile on, but GODR has a fairly valid point about wanting your star players to have some media training.
Obviously the play on the field is key, and good play will offset anything else, but you want the guys to be at least reasonably good with the media.

I'm not judging Cutler on his media skills, just in general here for any superstar.

resume piling on...

Oh no! These ex-coaches are losers.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/15/why-do-lovies-buddies-keep-piling-on-cutler/

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #245 on: September 15, 2009, 03:06:59 PM »

resume piling on...

To what end though? To satisfy the meathead sportswriters in this town or anywhere else? For me it's about the play on the field.

Lets say Kevin Gregg was a master at handling the media, it still doesn't change the fact that he sucked on the field and that I dislike him.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #246 on: September 15, 2009, 03:08:40 PM »

Why? He was Droopy Dog after the loss. Ok. How do you want him to act? He just had the worst game of his professional career. How the fuck would you act if you had your worst day on the job and you had to give an interview to a bunch of ungrateful fucks who seem to want to stir up shit by making you make a verbal mistake. From a PR standpoint, I could give a shit how my franchise quarterback looks after a loss, or a win for that matter. Do a couple commercials. Do a magazine shoot. I don't care what you say to the media, as long as you don't rip on your entire team in an interview. I just don't see how this matters in the grand scheme of things. That being said, I like assholes on the teams I root for.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #247 on: September 15, 2009, 03:09:38 PM »

resume piling on...
As simply as I can put it...
I couldn't give a fuck.
"Just win baby"
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #248 on: September 15, 2009, 03:14:02 PM »
Bobby Douglass was a great media guy. So was Rex Grossman. Let's bring them both back!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #249 on: September 15, 2009, 03:14:35 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 15, 2009, 03:14:02 PM
Bobby Douglass was a great media guy. So was Rex Grossman. Let's bring them both back!

Douglass threw harder than Jake Utler too.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #250 on: September 15, 2009, 03:20:46 PM »
How many wins/losses has Bill Belichick's handling of the media accounted for since he got the job in New England. Brady does a great job of talking to reporters. Those interviews ARE HUGE. They help him rake in endorsement deals so he can buy shit for his supermodel wife.

Bottom line: Fuck the media. Fuck Mike Martz. Fuck anybody who gives a fuck about a fucking interview with a player/coach/GM etc... Shut the fuck up and drink your shitty beer.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #251 on: September 15, 2009, 03:30:11 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 15, 2009, 03:20:46 PM
How many wins/losses has Bill Belichick's handling of the media accounted for since he got the job in New England. Brady does a great job of talking to reporters. Those interviews ARE HUGE. They help him rake in endorsement deals so he can buy shit for his supermodel wife.

Bottom line: Fuck the media. Fuck Mike Martz. Fuck anybody who gives a fuck about a fucking interview with a player/coach/GM etc... Shut the fuck up and drink your shitty beer.

I don't drink shitty beer.

Well, actually, I do.

Ghost of Dave Rosello

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #252 on: September 15, 2009, 03:34:42 PM »

resume piling on...

Thank you.

I don't in any way agree with Martz and Mora's characterization that Cutler "doesn't care". But Cutler doesn't help himself by sad-sacking it in the postgame scrum.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #253 on: September 15, 2009, 03:44:53 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 15, 2009, 03:20:46 PM

And fuck those newspaper fucks too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Stella Artois!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #254 on: September 15, 2009, 05:32:58 PM »
The all-knowing ESPN POWER RANKINGS have spoken.

QuoteThe loss to Green Bay was tough. The loss of Brian Urlacher for the season was devastating. (Chadiha)

Cancel the season, everyone.  Better luck next year.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?