News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers  ( 203,071 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers
« Reply #855 on: November 09, 2009, 08:53:17 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 09, 2009, 08:36:29 AM
On the bright side, at least there was entertainment at the game yesterday. The fat slobbering meatball sitting behind me insisted after the first Cardinals touchdown "Just look at de body language on dese mudderfuckers. Dey are already defeated. I been settin in dese seats for 26 years and I never seen cotches as bad as Lovie and Norv Turner. Ditka would never tolerate dis kind of play from dese mudderfuckers."

I hadn't been to a game for a couple years, I'd almost forgotten how amusing the beerfart meatwads in the stands can be.

The sad part is he's half right. Not about the retarded Ditka babble, but that team is just going through the motions. I hate to compare Lovie to Dusty, because he's better than that, but it seems similar right now to the 2005-2006 Cubs. I just don't think there's much accountability in that locker room. Granted, part of that may be the players giving up on Lovie and simply wondering why they should be held accountable for him mindlessly calling a retarded coverage that every offense in the NFL has figured it out.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #856 on: November 09, 2009, 09:10:29 AM »
How is this for embarrassing?  When the half time show ended someone from Fox Sports came on and apologized to us in the Bay Area, saying that they thought that they had chosen a competitive game to show us but they obviously hadn't so they were ending their coverage of the Bears/Cardinals game and taking us to the Tampa Bay/Greenbay game because it was better.  Guess what?  They were right.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #857 on: November 09, 2009, 09:14:26 AM »
I'm having a hard time getting on this FIRE LOVEE SMITFH bandwagon. It's not that I don't think they can do better, b/c I know they can. But being on that "FIRE ____________" bandwagon just makes me think Meathead FJH FDB2 670 murph caller. That's a bad thought

Speaking of Murph... While listening to Boers & Bernstein on Friday, they played a clip of Murph for a second and Boers followed up with something to the effect of "If you had a thought or two, then you might still have a job." It made me quite happy.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #858 on: November 09, 2009, 09:17:46 AM »

I'd trade Tom Coughlin for Lovie Smith, even up.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #859 on: November 09, 2009, 09:20:45 AM »
Quote from: Fork on November 09, 2009, 09:17:46 AM

I'd trade Tom Coughlin for Lovie Smith, even up.

Yeah. Holy shit that was poor strategism at the end of the Giants/Chargers game yesterday. And that aborted kick? I don't... I'd be hella pissed if I was youse.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #861 on: November 09, 2009, 09:42:26 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 09, 2009, 09:10:29 AM
How is this for embarrassing?  When the half time show ended someone from Fox Sports came on and apologized to us in the Bay Area, saying that they thought that they had chosen a competitive game to show us but they obviously hadn't so they were ending their coverage of the Bears/Cardinals game and taking us to the Tampa Bay/Greenbay game because it was better.  Guess what?  They were right.

Did you not get to see the end of the Bucs/Packers either?

We got a whole 5 minutes of that one before NFL rules stipulated that we couldn't watch Rogers' game-sealing INT.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #862 on: November 09, 2009, 10:02:32 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 09, 2009, 08:53:17 AM
Quote from: R-V on November 09, 2009, 08:36:29 AM
On the bright side, at least there was entertainment at the game yesterday. The fat slobbering meatball sitting behind me insisted after the first Cardinals touchdown "Just look at de body language on dese mudderfuckers. Dey are already defeated. I been settin in dese seats for 26 years and I never seen cotches as bad as Lovie and Norv Turner. Ditka would never tolerate dis kind of play from dese mudderfuckers."

I hadn't been to a game for a couple years, I'd almost forgotten how amusing the beerfart meatwads in the stands can be.

The sad part is he's half right. Not about the retarded Ditka babble, but that team is just going through the motions. I hate to compare Lovie to Dusty, because he's better than that, but it seems similar right now to the 2005-2006 Cubs. I just don't think there's much accountability in that locker room. Granted, part of that may be the players giving up on Lovie and simply wondering why they should be held accountable for him mindlessly calling a retarded coverage that every offense in the NFL has figured it out.

There was quite a few times during the game that Helen just threw his hands up in dismay after another Cards third down conversion.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #863 on: November 09, 2009, 10:24:43 AM »
Quote from: CT III on November 08, 2009, 09:44:00 PM
I hope they fire Lovie and hand the whole thing over to Buffone and O'Bradovich, so they can finally put their cutting edge 1970s era football strategies into practice.  At least it'd be great theater.

STOP YOURSELF!
Hire Jim Essian!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #864 on: November 09, 2009, 10:25:44 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 09, 2009, 10:24:43 AM
Quote from: CT III on November 08, 2009, 09:44:00 PM
I hope they fire Lovie and hand the whole thing over to Buffone and O'Bradovich, so they can finally put their cutting edge 1970s era football strategies into practice.  At least it'd be great theater.

STOP YOURSELF!

DICK JAURON!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #865 on: November 09, 2009, 10:42:32 AM »
I really don't think there is a scheme of any sort that would prevent Larry Fitzgerald from beating any three defenders the Bears chose to put on him at any given time. So you should instead, try to stop the run and get in Warner's face to make him fire early or off the mark. If they could have done that about half the time, they'd have given up ~30 points or so and been very much alive in the game. They just don't have the personnel to stop anything. That's partly because Urlacher and Pisa are Audi 5Gs and Tommie is channelling Alonzo Spellman these days. But that secondary has no thread of hope in it and it has been so since late 2006. All the draft picks they've selected to play back there have been useless save for Manning and Hester who are better at doing other things (who knew?).

I tend to give coaches and GMs more rope than most people on this board or anywhere in the city. But I've given Jerry and Lovie plenty of rope and they've hung us all with it. I'm done. I'm now watching Bears games simply to see what it looks like when a real quarterback operates in a Blue/Black uni with orange stripes on the sleeve. It's more a curiosity than a pastime. I'm going to need lots of beer and green. Fuck all.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #866 on: November 09, 2009, 11:04:56 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 09, 2009, 10:42:32 AM
I really don't think there is a scheme of any sort that would prevent Larry Fitzgerald from beating any three defenders the Bears chose to put on him at any given time. So you should instead, try to stop the run and get in Warner's face to make him fire early or off the mark. If they could have done that about half the time, they'd have given up ~30 points or so and been very much alive in the game. They just don't have the personnel to stop anything. That's partly because Urlacher and Pisa are Audi 5Gs and Tommie is channelling Alonzo Spellman these days. But that secondary has no thread of hope in it and it has been so since late 2006.

Tommiie Harris was in for four plays and he got a sack on one of them.  I'm not saying he's been anything better than average, but considering what the defense has looked like when he hasn't played, maybe his season has not quite been the shitfest that every commentator seems to believe it has been. 

And as much as I am reluctantly on the "Fire Lovie" bandwagon (VERY reluctantly, meatheads), the fact that they're starting linebackers who barely missed getting cut at the beginning of the season just kinda sucks. 

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #867 on: November 09, 2009, 11:29:32 AM »
Quote from: fiveouts on November 09, 2009, 11:04:56 AM
And as much as I am reluctantly on the "Fire Lovie" bandwagon (VERY reluctantly, meatheads), the fact that they're starting linebackers who barely missed getting cut at the beginning of the season just kinda sucks. 

Yet they continue to run a defensive scheme requiring an awesome middle linebacker.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #868 on: November 09, 2009, 11:30:46 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 09, 2009, 10:42:32 AM
I really don't think there is a scheme of any sort that would prevent Larry Fitzgerald from beating any three defenders the Bears chose to put on him at any given time. So you should instead, try to stop the run and get in Warner's face to make him fire early or off the mark. If they could have done that about half the time, they'd have given up ~30 points or so and been very much alive in the game. They just don't have the personnel to stop anything. That's partly because Urlacher and Pisa are Audi 5Gs and Tommie is channelling Alonzo Spellman these days. But that secondary has no thread of hope in it and it has been so since late 2006. All the draft picks they've selected to play back there have been useless save for Manning and Hester who are better at doing other things (who knew?).

I tend to give coaches and GMs more rope than most people on this board or anywhere in the city. But I've given Jerry and Lovie plenty of rope and they've hung us all with it. I'm done. I'm now watching Bears games simply to see what it looks like when a real quarterback operates in a Blue/Black uni with orange stripes on the sleeve. It's more a curiosity than a pastime. I'm going to need lots of beer and green. Fuck all.
Well, I had to look that one up.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #869 on: November 09, 2009, 11:51:14 AM »
I have the feeling this is going to be one of the finest Meatball Fan weeks in Bears history.

Let the angst over the Bears letting Singletary get away commence.