News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers  ( 202,962 )

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers
« Reply #976 on: November 13, 2009, 09:25:57 AM »
Peyton Manning threw 100 interceptions his first 5 years in the league. Utler has played about 3 full seasons now and has 54 picks under his belt.

I'm pretty sure this is completely meaningless except for the fact that the Bears need to hire Bill Polian or something.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #977 on: November 13, 2009, 09:31:23 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 13, 2009, 09:25:57 AM
Peyton Manning threw 100 interceptions his first 5 years in the league. Utler has played about 3 full seasons now and has 54 picks under his belt.

I'm pretty sure this is completely meaningless except for the fact that the Bears need to hire Bill Polian or something.

That would certainly help them in the drafting of great offensive talent and midgets who play defense. I like a good midget fight as much as the next guy. Why not?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #978 on: November 13, 2009, 10:01:58 AM »
I grant you that nobody should throw five picks in a game, but does anybody really think Cutler is a big problem?  If these fucking mopes could block anybody, and patch together any semblance of a running game they could take advantage of having a fucking talented quarterback.  But they don't.  So they can't.

But what is with all of the meat heads crying for Cutler's head for?  He's going to be here for at least five years, and for the first time since WWII the Bears don't need to worry about the quarterback, but can worry about everything else.

I hate Bears fans more than Cubs fans.  (Must be all those fucking Sox fans who are in the mix.)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #979 on: November 13, 2009, 10:25:01 AM »
Quote from: Andy on November 13, 2009, 10:01:58 AM
I grant you that nobody should throw five picks in a game, but does anybody really think Cutler is a big problem?
Big?  No.  Something that needs more development and help in the form of supporting players than we thought?

Yes.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #980 on: November 13, 2009, 10:58:24 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 13, 2009, 10:25:01 AM
I grant you that nobody should throw five picks in a game, but does anybody really think Cutler is a big problem?
Big?  No.  Something that needs more development and help in the form of supporting players than we thought?

Yes.

I sense the beginnings of a Chuck-hate that will drive everyone insane within a year.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #981 on: November 13, 2009, 11:07:09 AM »

Yes.

So you thought Cutler would have/should have been able to make this team a Super Bowl competitor with the current supporting cast?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #982 on: November 13, 2009, 11:17:17 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 13, 2009, 11:07:09 AM

Yes.

So you thought Cutler would have/should have been able to make this team a Super Bowl competitor with the current supporting cast?
Yes.  That's the leap I was expecting.  I thought this team would go 20-0 (they'd win the Pro Bowl, too).

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #983 on: November 13, 2009, 12:41:53 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 13, 2009, 11:17:17 AM

Yes.

Yes.  That's the leap I was expecting.  I thought this team would go 20-0 (they'd win the Pro Bowl, too).

24-0. you forgot the preseason schedule.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #984 on: November 13, 2009, 02:00:31 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 13, 2009, 11:17:17 AM

Yes.

I had them losing the Pro Bowl to go 23-1. 

The Bears are terrible because they have a terrible offensive line. 

Like a bullpen, that's the kind of thing a good general manager can improve significantly in an offseason.  I said "good" general manager, so expect Jay to be chucking and ducking next year, too.

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #985 on: November 13, 2009, 04:14:41 PM »
That was by far the worst NFL game I think I've ever had the displeasure of watching. Absolutely nothing going on but an abortion of attempted football. People can cry/bitch/whine/moan/complain about Cutler's performance, which was not good but he's not the reason we lost or that this season's a complete waste of our time. This is easily the worst excuse for an offensive line the Bears have trotted out that I can remember in 32 yrs as a fan. They can't run block to save their life and their pass-blocking is iffy at best. Last night the pass-blocking was horrific most of the time, Cutler was running around like a chicken with his head cut off. One play it took a guy 1 fucking second to get in Cutler's face. Good game o-line at even trying to help. Sketchy play-calling from genious Turner's killed us most of the season as well. Lovie needs to go and take his useless "Old boys club crew" the fuck outta town pronto, and Lovie's calling a defense like most of the time he hasn't a clue. Halftime adjustments? What fucking halftime adjustments has this useless bunch of twats shown most of this yr.

I gave up on this team having any shot after last week's debacle. I came into this game just wanting to see overall improvement and Cutler. That failed misserably last night, so hopefully better in coming games. I doubt it, but am the typical eternal optimist being a stupidfuck Scrubbies fan. Guess it's all about blowing our wad on more shitty offensive linemen in free agency...GUH!!!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #986 on: November 13, 2009, 04:18:50 PM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on November 13, 2009, 04:14:41 PM
That was by far the worst NFL game I think I've ever had the displeasure of watching. Absolutely nothing going on but an abortion of attempted football. People can cry/bitch/whine/moan/complain about Cutler's performance, which was not good but he's not the reason we lost or that this season's a complete waste of our time. This is easily the worst excuse for an offensive line the Bears have trotted out that I can remember in 32 yrs as a fan. They can't run block to save their life and their pass-blocking is iffy at best. Last night the pass-blocking was horrific most of the time, Cutler was running around like a chicken with his head cut off. One play it took a guy 1 fucking second to get in Cutler's face. Good game o-line at even trying to help. Sketchy play-calling from genious Turner's killed us most of the season as well. Lovie needs to go and take his useless "Old boys club crew" the fuck outta town pronto, and Lovie's calling a defense like most of the time he hasn't a clue. Halftime adjustments? What fucking halftime adjustments has this useless bunch of twats shown most of this yr.

I gave up on this team having any shot after last week's debacle. I came into this game just wanting to see overall improvement and Cutler. That failed misserably last night, so hopefully better in coming games. I doubt it, but am the typical eternal optimist being a stupidfuck Scrubbies fan. Guess it's all about blowing our wad on more shitty offensive linemen in free agency...GUH!!!

wat
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #987 on: November 13, 2009, 04:28:29 PM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on November 13, 2009, 04:14:41 PM

wtf is dat French?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #988 on: November 13, 2009, 04:34:52 PM »
I never played the game.  I am not a student of the game.  Therefore, I too, am entitled to express an opinion.  The 49er defense, although recording no sacks, was able to cause sufficient disruption to the Bear passing offense with a minimal defensive line so as to permit additional players in pass coverage.  Either that or they were able to sneak 2 or 3 extra guys off the bench into the secondary.  At the same time, on the few run plays called by the Bears the same front four and a couple of linebackers were able to stop the team that gets off the bus running with 40 yards of rushing.  How is that possible?  I don't know.  On the other hand, what is left of the Bear defense played an outstanding game, especially in light of the handicap of five turnovers by the offense.  I was most impressed by the ten penalties assessed against the Bears.  They clearly outshone the 49ers in that aspect of the game.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #989 on: November 13, 2009, 04:58:20 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 13, 2009, 04:34:52 PM
I never played the game.  I am not a student of the game.  Therefore, I too, am entitled to express an opinion.  The 49er defense, although recording no sacks, was able to cause sufficient disruption to the Bear passing offense with a minimal defensive line so as to permit additional players in pass coverage.  Either that or they were able to sneak 2 or 3 extra guys off the bench into the secondary.  At the same time, on the few run plays called by the Bears the same front four and a couple of linebackers were able to stop the team that gets off the bus running with 40 yards of rushing.  How is that possible?  I don't know.  On the other hand, what is left of the Bear defense played an outstanding game, especially in light of the handicap of five turnovers by the offense.  I was most impressed by the ten penalties assessed against the Bears.  They clearly outshone the 49ers in that aspect of the game.

THI
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.