News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers  ( 203,083 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers
« Reply #1350 on: January 11, 2010, 10:10:37 AM »
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/01/sources-bates-will-go-with-carroll-to-seattle.html

QuoteThe Bears have been informed that Jeremy Bates, who was scheduled to interview for their offensive coordinator's job, has decided to accept the same job with Pete Carroll and the Seattle Seahawks, two sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen on Sunday evening.

SKO can probably start writing up that epic Martz rant he promised us.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1351 on: January 11, 2010, 10:21:27 AM »
Quote from: Eli on January 11, 2010, 10:10:37 AM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/01/sources-bates-will-go-with-carroll-to-seattle.html

QuoteThe Bears have been informed that Jeremy Bates, who was scheduled to interview for their offensive coordinator's job, has decided to accept the same job with Pete Carroll and the Seattle Seahawks, two sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen on Sunday evening.

Linking to my own blog just to piss Tdubbs off:

http://startkyleorton.blogspot.com/2010/01/mike-martz-would-utterly-freaking.html
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1352 on: January 11, 2010, 10:25:41 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 11, 2010, 10:21:27 AM

http://startkyleorton.blogspot.com/2010/01/mike-martz-would-utterly-freaking.html

I didn't even know you had a blog.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1353 on: January 11, 2010, 10:27:22 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on January 11, 2010, 10:25:41 AM
Quote from: SKO on January 11, 2010, 10:21:27 AM

I didn't even know you had a blog.

I don't.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1354 on: January 12, 2010, 08:59:32 AM »
Packers block Bears' request to talk to QB coach Tom Clements:

QuoteCross Green Bay Packers quarterbacks coach Tom Clement's name off the list of potential offensive coordinators for the Chicago Bears.

As expected, the Packers denied the Bears' request to speak with Clements about the opening, a league source confirmed Monday night. Even though going from position coach to coordinator is a major promotion in the coaching ranks, teams are allowed to block their assistants from interviewing for other positions, unless that position is head coach.

Other possible candidates, according to the Sun-Times:

QuoteBut there are believed to be other candidates in the mix, including two quarterbacks coaches. Bill Musgrave of the Falcons and Paul Hackett of the Raiders could be options for the Bears, along with former Vikings coach Mike Tice. Musgrave has been instrumental in the quick transition of Matt Ryan, while Hackett has a varied background that includes head-coaching stints at the University of Pittsburgh and USC.

It's unclear, though, what job Tice would fill because, in addition to offensive coordinator, the Bears are looking for assistants to coach the offensive line, tight ends and quarterbacks. He has never been an offensive coordinator, although he has been successful with offensive linemen and tight ends. 

Seems like a decent chance they'll wind up with a coordinator who's worse than Turner.  Nice choice, Jerry.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1355 on: January 12, 2010, 09:00:54 AM »
Mike Tice would make the meatball fanbase look like a bunch of Richard Simmonses.  Good gord I'm hopping off the bandwagon for next year if that canned-ham-on-shoulders is actually the Bears' OC next year.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1356 on: January 12, 2010, 09:13:22 AM »
Quote from: Eli on January 12, 2010, 08:59:32 AM

QuoteCross Green Bay Packers quarterbacks coach Tom Clement's name off the list of potential offensive coordinators for the Chicago Bears.

As expected, the Packers denied the Bears' request to speak with Clements about the opening, a league source confirmed Monday night. Even though going from position coach to coordinator is a major promotion in the coaching ranks, teams are allowed to block their assistants from interviewing for other positions, unless that position is head coach.

QuoteBut there are believed to be other candidates in the mix, including two quarterbacks coaches. Bill Musgrave of the Falcons and Paul Hackett of the Raiders could be options for the Bears, along with former Vikings coach Mike Tice. Musgrave has been instrumental in the quick transition of Matt Ryan, while Hackett has a varied background that includes head-coaching stints at the University of Pittsburgh and USC.

It's unclear, though, what job Tice would fill because, in addition to offensive coordinator, the Bears are looking for assistants to coach the offensive line, tight ends and quarterbacks. He has never been an offensive coordinator, although he has been successful with offensive linemen and tight ends. 

Seems like a decent chance they'll wind up with a coordinator who's worse than Turner.  Nice choice, Jerry.

At this point they may as well take the guy from the University of Minnesota. He's cheap, he's worked with Cutler before, and anyone with an established NFL job that's willing to take a chance on getting canned after one year with the Bears is probably a moron.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1357 on: January 12, 2010, 10:29:29 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 12, 2010, 09:13:22 AM

At this point they may as well take the guy from the University of Minnesota. He's cheap, he's worked with Cutler before, and anyone with an established NFL job that's willing to take a chance on getting canned after one year with the Bears is probably a moron.

Probably a moron.....or maybe a power hungry, pass happy, former head coach who would love to undermine the current coach and weasel his way into the job.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1358 on: January 12, 2010, 10:59:06 AM »
Quote from: Tony on January 12, 2010, 10:29:29 AM
Quote from: SKO on January 12, 2010, 09:13:22 AM

Probably a moron.....or maybe a power hungry, pass happy, former head coach who would love to undermine the current coach and weasel his way into the job.

I agree. Rod Marinelli is a menace.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1359 on: January 13, 2010, 07:58:19 AM »
DPD, I guess. The Bears are supposedly looking at Ken Zampese, the QB coach for the Bengals, as a possible offensive coordinator. In case you were wondering, yes, he did work with Lovie in St. Louis. One rumor is that Martz recommended the Bears hire Zampese, meaning that Lovie's obviously figured out that Martz would be an unpopular hire, but he's determined to get that system for the Bears anyways since it won a Superbowl, once, ya know, just like the Tampa Two did, so it's got to be a good system. I hate this fucking team.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1360 on: January 13, 2010, 10:32:38 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 13, 2010, 07:58:19 AM
DPD, I guess. The Bears are supposedly looking at Ken Zampese, the QB coach for the Bengals, as a possible offensive coordinator. In case you were wondering, yes, he did work with Lovie in St. Louis. One rumor is that Martz recommended the Bears hire Zampese, meaning that Lovie's obviously figured out that Martz would be an unpopular hire, but he's determined to get that system for the Bears anyways since it won a Superbowl, once, ya know, just like the Tampa Two did, so it's got to be a good system. I hate this fucking team.

They'd be better off with Ernie Zampese.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1361 on: January 13, 2010, 11:04:47 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 13, 2010, 10:32:38 AM

I'd like to see them go after Lane Kiffin, Ken Zampese, Brian Schottenheimer, and Jim Mora Jr. and just call it the All Nepotism Team. 

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1362 on: January 13, 2010, 11:08:29 AM »
Quote from: fiveouts on January 13, 2010, 11:04:47 AM

I'd like to see them go after Lane Kiffin, Ken Zampese, Brian Schottenheimer, and Jim Mora Jr. and just call it the All Nepotism Team. 

Let's skip Lane, I think he could cause the Bears to be the first NFL team to receive sanctions.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1363 on: January 13, 2010, 11:08:53 AM »

Maybe George W. Bush and Paris Hilton too.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1364 on: January 13, 2010, 11:23:12 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 13, 2010, 11:08:53 AM

Maybe George W. Bush and Paris Hilton too.

Brian Griese.