News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Borb Brenly is the Truth.  ( 20,413 )

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Borb Brenly is the Truth.
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2009, 02:23:37 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 07, 2009, 02:06:36 PM
I'm still pissed at Theriot for the bouncing ball that he tried barehand. I'm sure a bunch of you will defend that because he was breaking toward the bag.

If there's anything the denizens of this place love more than lining up to defend Ryan Theriot, I'm not sure what it is.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2009, 02:50:04 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 07, 2009, 02:15:44 PM
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on October 07, 2009, 01:49:21 PM
Lonestar always knew the team was a bunch of goddam gutless fucking assholes. 

Truly a man ahead of his time.

He touched a lot of people.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2009, 02:52:11 PM »
Quote from: BearsBearsBearsB... on October 07, 2009, 02:50:04 PM
Quote from: Eli on October 07, 2009, 02:15:44 PM
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on October 07, 2009, 01:49:21 PM
Lonestar always knew the team was a bunch of goddam gutless fucking assholes. 

Truly a man ahead of his time.

He touched a lot of people.

Jam it on the one.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2009, 04:11:01 PM »
You are all just jealous because Ryan has perfect hair and is grittier than all of you combined!

That little fucker has more scrap in his hole body than you have in your little finger.

What?  Huh?  Never mind!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2009, 09:49:43 PM »
HUEY HATH BEEN VALIDATED

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2009, 09:57:19 PM »
If the playoffs weren't cancelled yet again, I would have sworn that I just saw Mark DeRosa make another terrible defensive play in a postseason game...
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2009, 06:56:48 AM »
I went to bed before the first pitch.

Wha' happened?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2009, 07:11:26 AM »
Quote from: MAD on October 08, 2009, 06:56:48 AM
I went to bed before the first pitch.

Wha' happened?

DeRo just threw a ball into RF

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2009, 07:45:33 AM »
He also almost got doubled off of first.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2009, 08:37:16 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 08, 2009, 07:45:33 AM
He also almost got doubled off of first.

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/commishs-hot-stove/commishs-hot-stove/cardinal-beat-updates/2009/10/derosas-fingers-slashed-but-fine/

QuoteOS ANGELES — St. Louis Cardinals third baseman Mark DeRosa had a finger on his right hand cut up by an opponents' cleats in the second inning of Wednesday's Game 1 of the National League Division Series.

DeRosa said the cuts were no big deal and that his wrist didn't feel worse for the awkward bending.

The third baseman led off the inning with a single. When rookie Colby Rasmus lined a shot to third base, DeRosa strayed off first, only to need to scramble back and dive when Dodgers' third baseman Casey Blake snared the ball. To beat Blake's throw across the diamond, DeRosa dove to first base and collided with first baseman James Loney. Loney's cleats caught and cut DeRosa's right middle finger. His righthand and arm then bent awkwardly underneath him as he reached for the bag.

DeRosa is playing with a torn tendon sheath in his left wrist.

More to the point of this thread...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dodgers-tv8-2009oct08,0,5183070.story

QuoteSay hey:

Ex-manager and former catcher Bob Brenly explaining how, in the bottom of the fifth, the Cardinals were about to put on "the play" against the Dodgers, who had runners at first and second and bunting wizard Juan Pierre at the plate. Brenly was spot-on in explaining how the Cardinals would have shortstop Brendan Ryan breaking for third with third baseman Mark DeRosa coming in to field any bunt to his side. Pierre's bunt sat high, barely a foot fair in front of the plate; Ryan and DeRosa were available for a force at third. Unfortunately, all of Brenly's effort was wasted when St. Louis catcher Yadier Molina muffed the pickup on Pierre's bunt. Amateur lip readers could see Molina say bad words.

Not in the box score:

When Casey Blake cracked a screaming line drive that barely tipped the grass in fair territory as it crossed third base, DeRosa flagged the ball down, tried to get a force at second and his throw landed somewhere in right field. No official error though, because Blake would have beaten the ball out for a single. But it was a terrible throw.

Also: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-08-cardinals-dodgers-bits-oct08,0,7232304.story
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2009, 08:40:21 AM »
Nice to see Carp struggle through five innings and over 100 pitches. They were hoping to bring him back Sunday on three days of rest if there was a Game 4.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2009, 09:10:55 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on October 08, 2009, 08:37:16 AM
More to the point of this thread...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dodgers-tv8-2009oct08,0,5183070.story

Not in the box score:

When Casey Blake cracked a screaming line drive that barely tipped the grass in fair territory as it crossed third base, DeRosa flagged the ball down, tried to get a force at second and his throw landed somewhere in right field. No official error though, because Blake would have beaten the ball out for a single. But it was a terrible throw.

Also: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-08-cardinals-dodgers-bits-oct08,0,7232304.story

It was a terrible throw, but Brenly brought up another point: why wouldn't DeRosa have gone home as Loney (he was on third, right?) did just about all he could to get caught in a rundown.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2009, 09:12:51 AM »
Carpenter?  More like "Crapenter", amirite?!?

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2009, 10:49:56 AM »
I think DeRosa was trying to trick the Dodgers by throwing the ball to Ludwick.

He's crafty.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2009, 11:04:14 AM »
Mark DeRosa crapping his pants during a game, it must be the postseason.