News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.  ( 60,550 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.
« Reply #330 on: November 26, 2012, 08:06:48 AM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #331 on: November 27, 2012, 05:04:22 PM »
Emstink is... busy.

The Score reports he's just signed former NFL football player Andre Gurode.

http://www.nfl.com/player/andregurode/2505228/profile
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #332 on: November 27, 2012, 08:44:02 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 27, 2012, 05:04:22 PM
Emstink is... busy.

Probably as good of a signing as you can make for depth on the interior of the o-line this late in the season, but let's just hope they don't have to play him, as he's been coasting on his reputation since sometime shortly after Albert Haynesworth stomped him in his face and was terrible in Baltimore last year.

In short, meh. My hope is they roll with Edwin Williams and Gabe for a while. Edwin Williams has been their best pass-protecting guard when they've played him the last two years, but he doesn't seem to have the "GRR ANGRY MAUL EDGY" approach that Tice apparently wants, so he's been kept in reserve. Pro Football Focus will tell you that injuries forcing him into the lineup is a good thing, and Gabe didn't allow a single hit, pressure, or disruption while playing guard for most of a half, so that's promising considering he's been a disaster in pass protection at RT. Let's see how this plays out.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #333 on: November 28, 2012, 10:25:58 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 27, 2012, 08:44:02 PM
Emstink is... busy.

Probably as good of a signing as you can make for depth on the interior of the o-line this late in the season, but let's just hope they don't have to play him, as he's been coasting on his reputation since sometime shortly after Albert Haynesworth stomped him in his face and was terrible in Baltimore last year.

In short, meh. My hope is they roll with Edwin Williams and Gabe for a while. Edwin Williams has been their best pass-protecting guard when they've played him the last two years, but he doesn't seem to have the "GRR ANGRY MAUL EDGY" approach that Tice apparently wants, so he's been kept in reserve. Pro Football Focus will tell you that injuries forcing him into the lineup is a good thing, and Gabe didn't allow a single hit, pressure, or disruption while playing guard for most of a half, so that's promising considering he's been a disaster in pass protection at RT. Let's see how this plays out.

Poor guy, he'll always be this to me.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #334 on: November 28, 2012, 10:39:12 AM »
Emstink is... busy.

I've got a feeling that opposing DC's will figure out a way to exploit Gabe just a little. Or a lot. I think Tice has been a disaster so far and I don't have much confidence in him figuring out what to do with a bigger mess than he had been dealing with before. But this is the same fear I've had about Bears offenses since Neal Anderson began to decline so it's probably nothing.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #335 on: November 28, 2012, 10:54:33 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 28, 2012, 10:39:12 AM
Emstink is... busy.

I've got a feeling that opposing DC's will figure out a way to exploit Gabe just a little. Or a lot. I think Tice has been a disaster so far and I don't have much confidence in him figuring out what to do with a bigger mess than he had been dealing with before. But this is the same fear I've had about Bears offenses since Neal Anderson began to decline so it's probably nothing.

Possibly, although there's only so much you can do to an interior offensive lineman that's all that unique or creative. His biggest problem was with a speed rush to the outside, so that problem is gone right there. He should also have the athleticism needed to pull outside when they run Power O, which was Louis' strong suit.

I agree that Tice gets too much credit for being a great offensive line coach. It wasn't fair to blame him for 2010, but a lot of the problems last year and this year have been because of guys that Tice personally vouched for. I'm going to stay positive on the Gabe at guard thing, though, because his run-blocking skills are unquestionably excellent and he'll be less exposed in pass protection. I can't see how he'd be worse.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #336 on: November 28, 2012, 11:07:39 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 28, 2012, 10:54:33 AM
Emstink is... busy.

Possibly, although there's only so much you can do to an interior offensive lineman that's all that unique or creative. His biggest problem was with a speed rush to the outside, so that problem is gone right there. He should also have the athleticism needed to pull outside when they run Power O, which was Louis' strong suit.

I agree that Tice gets too much credit for being a great offensive line coach. It wasn't fair to blame him for 2010, but a lot of the problems last year and this year have been because of guys that Tice personally vouched for. I'm going to stay positive on the Gabe at guard thing, though, because his run-blocking skills are unquestionably excellent and he'll be less exposed in pass protection. I can't see how he'd be worse.

I think he's too light in the ass for the pull guard duties Lance was handling competently. But, I'm on record as a complete and total football tard. If you need me, I'll be in the fetal position crying for my dead mother until Huey arrives and screams at me to sack up.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #337 on: November 28, 2012, 11:15:19 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 28, 2012, 11:07:39 AM
Emstink is... busy.

I think he's too light in the ass for the pull guard duties Lance was handling competently. But, I'm on record as a complete and total football tard. If you need me, I'll be in the fetal position crying for my dead mother until Huey arrives and screams at me to sack up.

Well, his playing weight is listed as all of four pounds lighter than Louis. Those are often bullshit, but make of that what you will.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #338 on: November 28, 2012, 11:22:10 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 28, 2012, 11:15:19 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 28, 2012, 11:07:39 AM
Emstink is... busy.

Well, his playing weight is listed as all of four pounds lighter than Louis. Those are often bullshit, but make of that what you will.

Yeah, but what is his Football Outsiders aSSweiGHt metric?

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #339 on: November 28, 2012, 08:45:52 PM »
Let's see how this plays out.

HEY!!!

Be careful. BC-isms have a certain power that mere mortals don't know how to handle.

Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #340 on: November 28, 2012, 09:36:56 PM »
Quote from: BC on November 28, 2012, 08:45:52 PM

HEY!!!

Be careful. BC-isms have a certain power that mere mortals don't know how to handle.

Just ask the Mayans.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #341 on: November 29, 2012, 08:59:32 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 28, 2012, 09:36:56 PM

HEY!!!

Just ask the Mayans.

I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #342 on: November 29, 2012, 09:01:39 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on November 29, 2012, 08:59:32 AM

HEY!!!

Just ask the Mayans.

I wheezelaughed.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #343 on: November 29, 2012, 09:03:25 AM »

HEY!!!

Just ask the Mayans.

Lookin' pretty buff there, Big Campeche.   

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #344 on: December 01, 2012, 01:47:50 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 29, 2012, 09:03:25 AM

HEY!!!

Just ask the Mayans.

Lookin' pretty buff there, Big Campeche.   

Well, I have been told body paint is slimming.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.