News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The 2016 Cubs: SPLOOGE SPLOOGE SPLOOGE  ( 99,498 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The 2016 Cubs: SPLOOGE SPLOOGE SPLOOGE
« Reply #870 on: August 09, 2016, 04:09:58 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on August 09, 2016, 03:53:32 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on August 09, 2016, 03:34:11 PM
Quote from: SKO on August 09, 2016, 02:21:05 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on August 09, 2016, 02:19:46 PM
Quote from: SKO on August 09, 2016, 02:17:55 PM
I'm so shocked y'all needed only the faintest pretext to tolerate Chris Coghlan's bullshit again. This place used to stand for things. Candy asses.

You are Desipio's John Lackey.

Don't forget to breathe from your nose.

I AM VERY UPSET ABOUT HOW STARTLINGLY ACCURATE THIS PROBABLY IS

It's ok -- I'm pretty sure I'm the Chris Coghlan.

I'm the Kyle Schwarber, except I'm righthanded and not good at baseball.

Hilarious that you think that you are anything other than Ryan Dempster
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #871 on: August 09, 2016, 04:20:24 PM »
Ironically I think Eli is probably Kyle Hendricks.

And Chuck is probably Jon Lester, where "not being wrong about everything all of the time" is his throwing to first base. It seems so simple but he just can't pull it off
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #872 on: August 09, 2016, 04:45:45 PM »
Who is advising Tommy La Stella right now? Ian Stewart? "Y'know Tom, my only mistake was ever reporting to Iowa in the first place. You're doing the right thing, man."
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #873 on: August 09, 2016, 04:52:15 PM »
I think there has to be a sane middle where you can think La Stella is being an idiot and also thinking Coghlan can fuck right the hell off anyway. Because it's specious bullshit toleration to think that one guy being a shitwit suddenly makes Cogs not a garbage fire formed into the shape of a replacement level slapdick.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #874 on: August 09, 2016, 04:54:58 PM »
Quote from: Bort on August 09, 2016, 04:52:15 PM
I think there has to be a sane middle where you can think La Stella is being an idiot and also thinking Coghlan can fuck right the hell off anyway. Because it's specious bullshit toleration to think that one guy being a shitwit suddenly makes Cogs not a garbage fire formed into the shape of a replacement level slapdick.

This.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #875 on: August 09, 2016, 06:42:24 PM »

Replacement level would be nice. Alas Cogs has been well below that this year.

Also apparently La Stella is contemplating retirement and also did so before the season, so he might have some more issues going on emotionally than just being pissed off. This is weird.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #876 on: August 09, 2016, 07:16:06 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 09, 2016, 06:42:24 PM

Also apparently La Stella is contemplating retirement and also did so before the season, so he might have some more issues going on emotionally than just being pissed off. This is weird.

The plot thickens: Cubs place La Stella on the temporarily inactive list. Remains on the 40-man.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #877 on: August 09, 2016, 07:47:04 PM »
Quote from: flannj on August 09, 2016, 02:42:52 PM
(Also, nice to see you here BC)

My last post was three years ago.

So Tommy still has a while to report to Iowa. Or something.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #878 on: August 09, 2016, 08:25:39 PM »
Quote from: BC on August 09, 2016, 07:47:04 PM
Quote from: flannj on August 09, 2016, 02:42:52 PM
(Also, nice to see you here BC)

My last post was three years ago.

So Tommy still has a while to report to Iowa. Or something.

I hope your all of your next posts don't take so long.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #879 on: August 09, 2016, 09:31:59 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 09, 2016, 04:20:24 PM
Ironically I think Eli is probably Kyle Hendricks.

And Chuck is probably Jon Lester, where "not being wrong about everything all of the time" is his throwing to first base. It seems so simple but he just can't pull it off

I'm Kris Bryant fuck you.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #880 on: August 10, 2016, 07:54:26 AM »

I'd say an unwillingness or inability to see the big picture, understand that it's a business, and that he most certainly would still be guaranteed a roster spot in October tells me that the guy's definitely got some emotional issues.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #881 on: August 10, 2016, 07:58:25 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 10, 2016, 07:54:26 AM

I'd say an unwillingness or inability to see the big picture, understand that it's a business, and that he most certainly would still be guaranteed a roster spot in October tells me that the guy's definitely got some emotional issues.

Yeah, reading Jesse's interview he comes off less as petulant and more as a guy who isn't really sure he's cut out to do the 162 games a year grind and was only comfortable doing so with an environment/team as supportive and fun as these Cubs appear to be, and when he was demoted it really seemed to bum him out and make him question all over again if he really wants to keep living the big league-minor league shuffle that comes with life on the roster bubble.

I appreciate that Jed and Theo are far less kneejerk and emotional about it than Cubs fans are. They seem to respect that he's going through real shit and are willing to give him the time he needs to figure it out, but they've also still drawn a line and made it clear that he's going to need to go to Iowa before coming back to the Cubs anyway.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #882 on: August 10, 2016, 08:05:11 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 10, 2016, 07:58:25 AM

Yeah, reading Jesse's interview he comes off less as petulant and more as a guy who isn't really sure he's cut out to do the 162 games a year grind and was only comfortable doing so with an environment/team as supportive and fun as these Cubs appear to be, and when he was demoted it really seemed to bum him out and make him question all over again if he really wants to keep living the big league-minor league shuffle that comes with life on the roster bubble.

I appreciate that Jed and Theo are far less kneejerk and emotional about it than Cubs fans are. They seem to respect that he's going through real shit and are willing to give him the time he needs to figure it out, but they've also still drawn a line and made it clear that he's going to need to go to Iowa before coming back to the Cubs anyway.

But that's also short-sighted and dumb, if true.  This would be his last option.  Do it one more time, murder the Brooks Raleys of the world in the PCL for 2-3 weeks, and never have to worry about this happening again.

The guy's either got emotional issues or is just not smart.  Or both.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #883 on: August 10, 2016, 08:08:11 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 10, 2016, 08:05:11 AM

But that's also short-sighted and dumb, if true.  This would be his last option.  Do it one more time, murder the Brooks Raleys of the world in the PCL for 2-3 weeks, and never have to worry about this happening again.

Yeah he's not thinking about this objectively but given that the team said he's been speaking to their team psychologist and stuff I'm inclined to lean more towards "problems with depression" than "hotheaded moron"

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #884 on: August 10, 2016, 09:01:55 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 10, 2016, 08:05:11 AM

I think he might actually be a smart, logical guy, based on his interview with Rogers. He basically said that baseball is his job and not the all-consuming thing that identifies him. I think he knows he's fortunate to have a job that pays him well, and I could see him playing 2-3 more years and walking away with enough money to be financially secure for life. Not a bad gig if you can get it.