News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ian Happ-ens To Make Me Tingle  ( 6,711 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Ian Happ-ens To Make Me Tingle
« on: April 13, 2017, 09:11:41 PM »
5 homers through 8 games for Iowa.

It's going to suck to see him become a star for another team, but the front line starting pitcher he brings back should make up for it.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Ian Happ-ens To Make Me Tingle
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 11:08:42 PM »
If Zobrist or Baez get hurt, you don't think he gets the call?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 07:48:41 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on April 13, 2017, 11:08:42 PM

Far be it from me to defend Pen, but nothing he said indicates that he doesn't think that. If they have a long term injury where just using La Stella to fill in isn't an option, sure, Happ will probably get the call, but if you think Theo and Jed aren't increasingly likely to trade Happ for pitching you just aren't paying attention.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 08:13:48 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 14, 2017, 07:48:41 AM

Far be it from me to defend Pen, but nothing he said indicates that he doesn't think that. If they have a long term injury where just using La Stella to fill in isn't an option, sure, Happ will probably get the call, but if you think Theo and Jed aren't increasingly likely to trade Happ for pitching you just aren't paying attention.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 08:14:39 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 14, 2017, 08:13:48 AM

That's not Gleyber Torres.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 09:43:06 AM »

"increasingly likely"? I'm pretty sure Happ or Eloy don't go anywhere unless a guy who can move into Jake's slot after this season comes the other way. They've loaded up with gambles in Iowa's rotation, they only need one to pan out.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 10:13:44 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on April 14, 2017, 09:43:06 AM

"increasingly likely"? I'm pretty sure Happ or Eloy don't go anywhere unless a guy who can move into Jake's slot after this season comes the other way. They've loaded up with gambles in Iowa's rotation, they only need one to pan out.

Quote from: PenFoe on April 13, 2017, 09:11:41 PM

It's going to suck to see him become a star for another team, but the front line starting pitcher he brings back should make up for it.

You're the guy who shares articles on facebook saying "WHY INNIT DA NEWS COVERING DIS?" while sharing an AP article, aren't you?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 12:57:13 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 14, 2017, 10:13:44 AM

You're the guy who shares articles on facebook saying "WHY INNIT DA NEWS COVERING DIS?" while sharing an AP article, aren't you?

It's like ROTJ if Luke didn't show his dad mercy.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 05:10:37 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 14, 2017, 10:13:44 AM

Should have clarified, I meant after this season. They've got actual Jake until just after Halloween.
TIME TO POST!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2017, 04:27:33 PM »

SKO's "if you don't think it isn't increasingly likely, you're not paying attention" was a direct pull from an old Chuck line about Starlin. I don't think he actually thinks that about a Happ trade.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2017, 04:34:23 PM »
Quote from: R-V on April 15, 2017, 04:27:33 PM

SKO's "if you don't think it isn't increasingly likely, you're not paying attention" was a direct pull from an old Chuck line about Starlin. I don't think he actually thinks that about a Happ trade.

It was a Chuck quote but yeah I do think Happ's probably the centerpiece of a trade eventually. Unless Zobrist gets old fast and Javy regresses

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2017, 10:12:34 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 15, 2017, 04:34:23 PM
Quote from: R-V on April 15, 2017, 04:27:33 PM

It was a Chuck quote but yeah I do think Happ's probably the centerpiece of a trade eventually. Unless Zobrist gets old fast and Javy regresses

A lot can happen in a season. Besides, Oleg's dream might finally come true and Schwarber gets launched for Chris Archer.
TIME TO POST!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 09:53:22 PM »
And...another homer.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2017, 12:35:12 PM »
He'll be promoted today.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2017, 11:58:03 PM »
And... another homer.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.