News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Opening. Day. Female. Odges.  ( 82,099 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Opening. Day. Female. Odges.
« Reply #240 on: April 08, 2009, 10:54:15 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on April 08, 2009, 10:42:20 AM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on April 08, 2009, 10:38:30 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on April 08, 2009, 10:30:21 AM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on April 08, 2009, 09:03:49 AM
Quote from: Jon on April 08, 2009, 08:57:02 AM
Quote from: Slakee on April 07, 2009, 10:45:14 PM
Quote from: ~Apex on April 07, 2009, 10:43:21 PM
God, I fucking HATE the Astros.

No shit. I've been sitting here for the last 20 minutes sulking because of that shitty ending. Three turdlet ground balls and they lose. Goddamn Neal Cotts almost had me fooled. I'll never let that happen again.

Every year I think I've gotten over my near-irrational* hatred of the Astros. Then I see those fuckstains and want them all dead, all over again.

*I say near-irrational, because I still think it's fully justified.

I don't have near the hate for the Astros as I do for the Cardinals and Brewers.  Not sure where the Astros hate comes from...was it last year's hurricane dibacle?

See, I can't muster up any hatred for the Brewers.  They're just so damn cute with their little baseball club up there.  Plus, it's easy to get tickets to Cubs games in Milwaukee.

Brewers FANS, on the other hand.  I hate the pant-pissing lot of them.

So, it goes all the way back to the Beeg love.  You should blame that on Harray's waterhead grandson, Chip.  As far as Berkman, I don't recall any cheating...the guy's just good at hitting baseballs.

Except all those times he pretends to get hit in the head by baseballs that don't actually hit him.  He's a whore.  Carlos Lee can go fug himself, too.  And I hope Oswalt gets run over by a tractor.  And Jose Valverde is one of the guys I'd most like to see take a line drive off the temple.
And as far as "The Beege" (Christ I can't even type that without gritting my teeth) it starts with the level of smarminess that could rival Garvey, the leaning over the plate with the elbow armor, the whole "Bee boys" bullshit and the Ironman persona. Chip just added his own brand of fucked to the mix.
This is really making me ANGRY.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #241 on: April 08, 2009, 10:58:10 AM »
I like hating stuff, too!

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #242 on: April 08, 2009, 11:04:11 AM »
So much ANGER.

You should have all gone to bed after 9 innings like I did.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #243 on: April 08, 2009, 11:06:56 AM »
Let's not forget that Mike fucking Hampton was an Astro.  I think that turd was in the same frat as TDubbs.
Hire Jim Essian!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #244 on: April 08, 2009, 11:16:13 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on April 08, 2009, 11:06:56 AM
Let's not forget that Mike fucking Hampton wasIS an Astro.  I think that turd was in the same frat as TDubbs.

Isn't he back with them?

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #245 on: April 08, 2009, 11:23:36 AM »
Quote from: CT III on April 08, 2009, 11:16:13 AM
Let's not forget that Mike fucking Hampton wasIS an Astro.  I think that turd was in the same frat as TDubbs.

Isn't he back with them?

Yes. He'll make his five starts then go on the DL with strained eyelid or some shit like that.

And Hunter Pence is the goofiest looking motherfucker in professional sports. He looks like a fucking cartoon character and that annoys the shit out of me for no rational reason.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #246 on: April 08, 2009, 11:34:35 AM »
Let's not forget that Mike fucking Hampton was an Astro.  I think that turd was in the same frat as TDubbs.

I Wanna Bangya?
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #247 on: April 08, 2009, 11:50:27 AM »
Quote from: CT III on April 08, 2009, 11:16:13 AM

Isn't he back with them?

I completely forgot about that.
Hire Jim Essian!

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #248 on: April 08, 2009, 11:53:06 AM »
As far as Berkman, I don't recall any cheating...the guy's just good at hitting baseballs.

Except all those times he pretends to get hit in the head by baseballs that don't actually hit him.  He's a whore.

Baseballs... and lightning.

(Very very frightening.)
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #249 on: April 08, 2009, 12:03:59 PM »
Quote from: Tank on April 08, 2009, 11:53:06 AM
As far as Berkman, I don't recall any cheating...the guy's just good at hitting baseballs.

Except all those times he pretends to get hit in the head by baseballs that don't actually hit him.  He's a whore.

Baseballs... and lightning.

(Very very frightening.)

Mike Gallego, Mike Gallego
Mike Gallego, Mike Gallego
Mike Gallego figaro-magnifico!
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #250 on: April 08, 2009, 01:13:07 PM »
I could only get the FOX Sports Net Houston feed of the opener, but the FSNH guys actually said that Roy Oswalt would go down as the best Astros pitcher of all time.

They abviously forgot about this hobo:

Oh, and this schlum:

And those are just two off the top of my head.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #251 on: April 08, 2009, 01:32:23 PM »
Mike Scott only had about 5 good years as an Astro, including his sick '86.  Nolan Ryan also only had about 5 good years as an Astro, including 1981 with an ERA+ of 192!

The little shitbag, on the other hand, has had 8 very good seasons, never posting an ERA+ below 120.

I suppose one could make an argument for JR Richard, but he only had 5 good seasons as a Stro, as well, before his arm fell off.

I'd say it's Oswalt.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #252 on: April 08, 2009, 01:33:43 PM »
Nolan Ryan really only had two great seasons with the Astros.  He's a Hall of Famer because he was an effective pitcher for almost 30 years, which is amazing.  But I think he winds up overrated because of the sheer numbers he compiled.  

And I think you're really underestimating Oswalt.  Just for comparison, he's pitched 8 seasons with the Astros and has a 139 ERA+.  Ryan had a 110 ERA+ in his eight seasons with the team.

Edit: What Oleg said.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #253 on: April 08, 2009, 01:36:19 PM »
Mike Hampton may have had a better run with the 'stros than The Scuffballer and the Freak of Nature.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #254 on: April 08, 2009, 01:39:47 PM »
Quote from: MAD on April 08, 2009, 01:36:19 PM
Mike Hampton may have had a better run with the 'stros than The Scuffballer and the Freak of Nature.

My first reaction was that you were talking crazy.  Upon further review, I think you're right.

edit: He did walk a lot of hitters, though.  Without looking at it more closely, I would think his defense had bailed him out a lot.  I think I'd put him below Ryan and above Scott.  His K/BB ratios are atrocious, but his one awesome year, '99, his WHIP was still 1.29.  Weird numbers, I'd say.

edit2: Man, it's good to have baseball back!