News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Opening. Day. Female. Odges.  ( 82,112 )

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Opening. Day. Female. Odges.
« Reply #315 on: April 05, 2010, 03:21:19 PM »
Solid first half inning, anyways.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #316 on: April 05, 2010, 03:29:23 PM »
Something went wrong behind him, therefore Carlos is about to go nuclear because he's a hothead.  Boy, haven't heard that before.  Thanks for the insight, ESPN.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #317 on: April 05, 2010, 03:30:46 PM »
Quote from: Day Man on April 05, 2010, 03:29:23 PM
Something went wrong behind him, therefore Carlos is about to go nuclear because he's a hothead.  Boy, haven't heard that before.  Thanks for the insight, ESPN.

Who is butchering, uh, calling the game for ESPN?
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #318 on: April 05, 2010, 03:30:54 PM »
Quote from: Pre on April 05, 2010, 03:21:19 PM
Solid first half inning, anyways.

We'll always have that. This part where they have to get people out ain't so hot.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #319 on: April 05, 2010, 03:37:30 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on April 05, 2010, 03:30:46 PM
Quote from: Day Man on April 05, 2010, 03:29:23 PM

Who is butchering, uh, calling the game for ESPN?

I don't know, but he's driving me nuts.  Likes to pretty much shout every other word.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #320 on: April 05, 2010, 03:43:47 PM »
DPD for some BREAKING NEWS: Ron Santo is already bitching and moaning like someone killed his dog.  Cubs baseball on WGN!

Bonk

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #321 on: April 05, 2010, 03:47:24 PM »
What the hell channel is the game on in Chicago? I get WGN and CommiCast Chicago, and on the latter there's some retarded dude babbling in broken English.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #322 on: April 05, 2010, 03:50:09 PM »
Quote from: Bonk on April 05, 2010, 03:47:24 PM
What the hell channel is the game on in Chicago? I get WGN and CommiCast Chicago, and on the latter there's some retarded dude babbling in broken English.

Flagship station WCIU, of course.

Bonk

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #323 on: April 05, 2010, 03:51:18 PM »
Quote from: Day Man on April 05, 2010, 03:50:09 PM
Quote from: Bonk on April 05, 2010, 03:47:24 PM

Flagship station WCIU, of course.

Opening day...that's ridiculous.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #324 on: April 05, 2010, 03:52:20 PM »
Do we get SeanBearPig now?

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #325 on: April 05, 2010, 04:49:42 PM »
I don't like the idea of instant replay in baseball, but fuck if the umps aren't making
me change my minds.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #326 on: April 05, 2010, 04:51:28 PM »
Quote from: Pre on April 05, 2010, 04:49:42 PM
I don't like the idea of instant replay in baseball, but fuck if the umps aren't making
me change my minds.

That was particularly deflating. It's hard to believe something that obvious can be called that way. I'd understand someone getting beaten to the bag and you're not sure which player got there first. This, though, is inexcusable. Sad.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #327 on: April 05, 2010, 04:55:20 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 05, 2010, 04:51:28 PM
me change my minds.

That was particularly deflating. It's hard to believe something that obvious can be called that way. I'd understand someone getting beaten to the bag and you're not sure which player got there first. This, though, is inexcusable. Sad.

That was worse than the Jeffrey Maier fan interference non-call.  Probably right up there with the Denkinger call, albeit with significantly less at stake.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #328 on: April 05, 2010, 04:56:53 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on April 05, 2010, 04:55:20 PM
Quote from: Slaky on April 05, 2010, 04:51:28 PM
me change my minds.

That was worse than the Jeffrey Maier fan interference non-call.  Probably right up there with the Denkinger call, albeit with significantly less at stake.

That Denkinger call was the greatest umpiring of all time; and I won't hear arguments to the contrary.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #329 on: April 05, 2010, 05:38:02 PM »
The umpiring was particularly brutal in the postseason last year and some people were howling about instant replay at the time. I wasn't one of them but I was howling for most every MLB ump to get shitcanned. I'm going to go howl about it up on my roof for awhile. If you're in Lakeview, say hi.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.