News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Opening. Day. Female. Odges.  ( 82,087 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Opening. Day. Female. Odges.
« Reply #375 on: April 01, 2011, 02:38:35 PM »
Sonofabitch. It was all over when he walked Ronny Cedeno.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #376 on: April 01, 2011, 04:30:24 PM »
And we now return to your regularly scheduled hatred of Ryan Dempster.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #377 on: April 01, 2011, 04:57:57 PM »
Can I delete this game from my DVR?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #378 on: April 01, 2011, 06:03:10 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 01, 2011, 04:57:57 PM

Safely.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #379 on: April 01, 2011, 06:03:45 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 01, 2011, 04:57:57 PM

Along with the auto-series recording.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #380 on: April 01, 2011, 06:47:01 PM »
Glad I wasn't able to watch this.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #381 on: April 01, 2011, 07:18:13 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on April 01, 2011, 06:47:01 PM
Glad I wasn't able to watch this.

I was lucky enough to work nine hours without a break. It was awesome I did soooooo much work. 
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #382 on: April 05, 2012, 01:36:43 AM »
So, here we go again.  It's time to resurrect this thread - as I do every year - in the hope that, somehow, this year will be different.  Indeed, we already know that this year will be different, because this year the Cubs aren't even pretending to be trying to win.  Nonetheless, it's been six long months since the 2011 post-season was cancelled, and I'd be lying if I said I don't have a little tingle in my ding-a-ling this morning.

Opening Day, bitches.  Go the motherfucking Cubs.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #383 on: April 05, 2012, 08:24:49 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 05, 2012, 01:36:43 AM
So, here we go again.  It's time to resurrect this thread - as I do every year - in the hope that, somehow, this year will be different.  Indeed, we already know that this year will be different, because this year the Cubs aren't even pretending to be trying to win.  Nonetheless, it's been six long months since the 2011 post-season was cancelled, and I'd be lying if I said I don't have a little tingle in my ding-a-ling this morning.

Opening Day, bitches.  Go the motherfucking Cubs.

Holy shit.  You've been keeping this thread away from the lusting jaws of Ray Ratto for 5 years?  Go baseball. 

I'm also apparently going to start every post with holy shit today.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #384 on: April 05, 2012, 08:49:15 AM »
Just got out of the car listening to Theo and Tom Ricketts talking to the Score. Sure, the questions were meatball city but good lord does Theo talk a strong game. He's dreamy, y'all.

That said, I keep thinking about at least THREE opening days in our recent lives where the Cubs scored upwards of 15 runs and won. Is that right? Were there really three separate opening days that the Cubs scored that many runs? I know it happened against the Mets and Reds. Anyway, my point is even with those opening days at least one of those teams went on to suck tumescent horse pipe.

So go Cubs but even if the Cubs go - 1-0 is just 1-0.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #385 on: April 05, 2012, 08:57:22 AM »
It just got a little dusty in here.

Condolences to the Head Moran.  Go Cubs.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #386 on: April 05, 2012, 09:02:12 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 05, 2012, 08:49:15 AM
Just got out of the car listening to Theo and Tom Ricketts talking to the Score. Sure, the questions were meatball city but good lord does Theo talk a strong game. He's dreamy, y'all.

That said, I keep thinking about at least THREE opening days in our recent lives where the Cubs scored upwards of 15 runs and won. Is that right? Were there really three separate opening days that the Cubs scored that many runs? I know it happened against the Mets and Reds. Anyway, my point is even with those opening days at least one of those teams went on to suck tumescent horse pipe.

So go Cubs but even if the Cubs go - 1-0 is just 1-0.

Any time I read things like this about dreamboat Theo, I think (a) this guy is the balls and (b) as Huey would say, holy shit, this ass backward franchise has been doing it wrong for a long, long time.

QuoteThe front office expanded with Jed Hoyer and Jason McLeod, two high-level executives who had helped build the Red Sox machine and restocked the San Diego Padres system.

Epstein's calls for "the best and the brightest" included Shiraz Rehman, who has an MBA from Columbia Business School, and pro scouting director Joe Bohringer, a graduate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

"A fresh perspective," Ricketts said over the winter. "They just look at the questions a little differently."

So the Bloomberg computer system has been installed, focusing mostly on the amateur scouting side, with a basic major-league version up and running by the trade deadline.

Scouts have been given video cameras to shoot prospects. "Spycam" was installed at each minor-league affiliate, and you can watch the action in real time on your laptop. Each minor-league player received an individual plan for this year that outlined strengths and weaknesses.

To educate players on how to handle themselves off the field, representatives from Northeastern University's Center for Sport in Society ran seminars during spring training. There will now be background reports on potential draft picks that could run four- or five-pages long.

I'm pretty sure I predicted the Cubs would be good at this time last year, so I hereby declare they will win 50 games. You're welcome guys.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #387 on: April 05, 2012, 09:39:43 AM »
I've noticed an abundance of Cub related thoughts and well wishers on the Facebook today.

Huey posted a baseball related song and apparently he has a dickload friend named Craig (not the Sox Craig from softball who is a nice guy) who decided to use Huard's PANKCITEMENT for Opening Day to remind him that the Cubs are shitty and will always be shitty. Real solid friend you have there Huey.

Can I call him a fucking asshole or does he have guns?

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #388 on: April 05, 2012, 09:42:53 AM »

The Cubs didn't have an opthomologist? Really?  They really were an administrative vortex of suck.

Looks like Theo is right now about where Rocky Wirtz was in 2009.  He's in charge of an organization so wrong that anything he does is right.  Glad its finally getting done though.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #389 on: April 05, 2012, 09:48:15 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 05, 2012, 09:39:43 AM
I've noticed an abundance of Cub related thoughts and well wishers on the Facebook today.

Huey posted a baseball related song and apparently he has a dickload friend named Craig (not the Sox Craig from softball who is a nice guy) who decided to use Huard's PANKCITEMENT for Opening Day to remind him that the Cubs are shitty and will always be shitty. Real solid friend you have there Huey.

Can I call him a fucking asshole or does he have guns?

One of the best things about America is that you can get guns more easily than health care, so remember that.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.