News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Opening. Day. Female. Odges.  ( 82,097 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Opening. Day. Female. Odges.
« Reply #405 on: April 06, 2012, 01:44:27 PM »
Hey, we're doing our part. Because of us doing the Lord's work, Yeti is taking out a delightful young meth fiend lass from Pekin.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #406 on: April 06, 2012, 01:48:25 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on April 06, 2012, 01:44:27 PM
Hey, we're doing our part. Because of us doing the Lord's work, Yeti is taking out a delightful young meth fiend lass from Pekin.

And then possibly going to take her on a date?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #407 on: April 06, 2012, 01:52:46 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 06, 2012, 01:39:54 PM
Quote from: Slaky on April 05, 2012, 09:39:43 AM
I've noticed an abundance of Cub related thoughts and well wishers on the Facebook today.

Huey posted a baseball related song and apparently he has a dickload friend named Craig (not the Sox Craig from softball who is a nice guy) who decided to use Huard's PANKCITEMENT for Opening Day to remind him that the Cubs are shitty and will always be shitty. Real solid friend you have there Huey.

Can I call him a fucking asshole or does he have guns?

Nah, he's a little twerp from Niles with whom I would occassionally smoke weed at NIU 20+ years ago.  That's the extent of our relationship.  Thank you all for doing the devil's work--you were welcome to pile on, of course, but he proved to be a rather irrepressible, in additon to being an insufferable, troll.

BANG!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #408 on: April 06, 2012, 03:50:49 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 06, 2012, 01:52:46 PM
I've noticed an abundance of Cub related thoughts and well wishers on the Facebook today.

Huey posted a baseball related song and apparently he has a dickload friend named Craig (not the Sox Craig from softball who is a nice guy) who decided to use Huard's PANKCITEMENT for Opening Day to remind him that the Cubs are shitty and will always be shitty. Real solid friend you have there Huey.

Nah, he's a little twerp from Niles with whom I would occassionally smoke weed at NIU 20+ years ago.  That's the extent of our relationship.  Thank you all for doing the devil's work--you were welcome to pile on, of course, but he proved to be a rather irrepressible, in additon to being an insufferable, troll.

BANG!

Gotta love the patient, rational rebuttal provided by Tank in contrast to the full-frontal ad hominem attackery by Apex and me.  Either way, he's angered up my blood more than he should have.  Dammit.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #409 on: April 06, 2012, 04:19:01 PM »
Angering up Huey's blood is like shooting something something barrel something something potato wogs.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #410 on: April 06, 2012, 04:31:24 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 06, 2012, 03:50:49 PM
Quote from: Slaky on April 06, 2012, 01:52:46 PM

BANG!

Gotta love the patient, rational rebuttal provided by Tank in contrast to the full-frontal ad hominem attackery by Apex and me.  Either way, he's angered up my blood more than he should have.  Dammit.

I find his apparent belief that Prince Fielder playing for the Tigers is the defining failure of Theo's short tenure with the Cubs baffling.

But my biggest regret about this conversation is that no one has yet bribed Yeti into asking this dude on a date.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #411 on: April 01, 2013, 01:38:22 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 05, 2012, 01:36:43 AM
So, here we go again.  It's time to resurrect this thread - as I do every year - in the hope that, somehow, this year will be different.  Indeed, we already know that this year will be different, because this year the Cubs aren't even pretending to be trying to win.  Nonetheless, it's been six long months since the 2011 post-season was cancelled, and I'd be lying if I said I don't have a little tingle in my ding-a-ling this morning.

Opening Day, bitches.  Go the motherfucking Cubs.

So, it turns out I don't need to come up with something new to write this year - last year's post can be handily recycled.

Go Cubs, anyway.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #412 on: April 01, 2013, 12:12:18 PM »

The Cubs are opening the season on my birthday.  I think that it is an omen.  (See definition below)

A portent or prophecy of disaster, a sign of impending and unavoidable doom, an indication or sense of what is to come; often the writing on the wall. The allusion is to the Book of Daniel in the Bible, in which a hand mysteriously appeared and wrote a message on Balshazzar's palace wall foretelling his destruction and the loss of his kingdom
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #413 on: April 01, 2013, 10:22:25 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 01, 2013, 01:38:22 AM
So, here we go again.  It's time to resurrect this thread - as I do every year - in the hope that, somehow, this year will be different.  Indeed, we already know that this year will be different, because this year the Cubs aren't even pretending to be trying to win.  Nonetheless, it's been six long months since the 2011 post-season was cancelled, and I'd be lying if I said I don't have a little tingle in my ding-a-ling this morning.

So, it turns out I don't need to come up with something new to write this year - last year's post can be handily recycled.

Go Cubs, anyway.

The quests for 162-0 and Samardzija's first Cy Young are alive and well.  Luis Valbuena and Brent Lillibridge also gave me more reasons to hate them, so all in all a good day.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #414 on: April 02, 2013, 01:27:12 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 01, 2013, 10:22:25 PM

Go Cubs, anyway.

The quests for 162-0 and Samardzija's first Cy Young are alive and well.  Luis Valbuena and Brent Lillibridge also gave me more reasons to hate them, so all in all a good day.

I can't hate Lillibridge - he shouldn't be anywhere near the big leagues, and he knows it.  Two of his top-ten similar batters are Eric Patterson and Carmen Fanzone, for God's sake.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #415 on: April 02, 2013, 01:28:13 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 02, 2013, 01:27:12 AM

Go Cubs, anyway.

I can't hate Lillibridge - he shouldn't be anywhere near the big leagues, and he knows it.  Two of his top-ten similar batters are Eric Patterson and Carmen Fanzone, for God's sake.

A fair point.  I think I might still hate him though.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #416 on: April 02, 2013, 03:43:11 AM »
By the way, I know it was cold, and Pissburgh and all, but nonetheless it was a hell of a performance from Samardzija yesterday.  Remember when we could look forward to an opening-day meltdown pretty much every year?  Yeah, that.

Also, good patience shown by the Cubs, by and large - yeah, there was only actually one walk but Burnett threw 98 pitches in less than six innings.  I'm certainly not getting excited about this season, but I was nonetheless encouraged.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #417 on: April 02, 2013, 08:47:24 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 02, 2013, 01:28:13 AM

Go Cubs, anyway.

I can't hate Lillibridge - he shouldn't be anywhere near the big leagues, and he knows it.  Two of his top-ten similar batters are Eric Patterson and Carmen Fanzone, for God's sake.

A fair point.  I think I might still hate him though.

Keep hating. My deep abiding hatred of Samardzija is paying dividends I never would have expected.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #418 on: April 02, 2013, 08:52:16 AM »

Go Cubs, anyway.

I can't hate Lillibridge - he shouldn't be anywhere near the big leagues, and he knows it.  Two of his top-ten similar batters are Eric Patterson and Carmen Fanzone, for God's sake.

At least Fanzone could play the trumpet.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #419 on: April 02, 2013, 09:18:22 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 02, 2013, 03:43:11 AM
By the way, I know it was cold, and Pissburgh and all, but nonetheless it was a hell of a performance from Samardzija yesterday.  Remember when we could look forward to an opening-day meltdown pretty much every year?  Yeah, that.

Also, good patience shown by the Cubs, by and large - yeah, there was only actually one walk but Burnett threw 98 pitches in less than six innings.  I'm certainly not getting excited about this season, but I was nonetheless encouraged.

The defense looked quite good as well.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.