News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lost: The Final Boner  ( 77,426 )

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Lost: The Final Boner
« Reply #300 on: April 01, 2010, 09:45:32 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 31, 2010, 03:16:16 PM
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 31, 2010, 03:06:02 PM
Quote from: Yeti on March 31, 2010, 02:51:52 PM
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 31, 2010, 02:47:19 PM
I don't remember the last time I've laughed out loud at Lost, but there were several genuinely funny moments this episode.

SAWYER:  Why don't you just turn into black smoke and fly over to the other island?
FLOCKE:  If I could do that, do you really think I would still be on this island?
SAWYER:  Yeah, because that would be RIDICULOUS.

BEN:  For the last time, she was unconscious when I found her!  Why don't you believe me?
ILANNA:  Because you're talking.

Hurley also had a great line on the beach which I can't recall.  But I recall the laughter.  Oh, the laughter.

"I think she said she doesn't want to go"

Bingo.  Didn't he basically mutter it?  Maybe even off-camera?  It wasn't as much the line, but that it seemed so off-the-cuff.

I fully expected it. As I saw her lips moving so fast, spewing out that foreign shit, inviting me to facefuck the shit out of her, getting all hot and bother... where was I? Oh, yea. Seeing Miles and him in the background gave me a good feeling that something like that was gonna get sayed.

Miles also said about Hurley tracking down Alpert:  "Unless he's covered in bacon grease, Hugo isn't tracking down anything."
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #301 on: April 02, 2010, 11:24:49 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on April 01, 2010, 09:45:32 PM
Quote from: Yeti on March 31, 2010, 03:16:16 PM
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 31, 2010, 03:06:02 PM
Quote from: Yeti on March 31, 2010, 02:51:52 PM
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 31, 2010, 02:47:19 PM
I don't remember the last time I've laughed out loud at Lost, but there were several genuinely funny moments this episode.

SAWYER:  Why don't you just turn into black smoke and fly over to the other island?
FLOCKE:  If I could do that, do you really think I would still be on this island?
SAWYER:  Yeah, because that would be RIDICULOUS.

BEN:  For the last time, she was unconscious when I found her!  Why don't you believe me?
ILANNA:  Because you're talking.

Hurley also had a great line on the beach which I can't recall.  But I recall the laughter.  Oh, the laughter.

"I think she said she doesn't want to go"

Bingo.  Didn't he basically mutter it?  Maybe even off-camera?  It wasn't as much the line, but that it seemed so off-the-cuff.

I fully expected it. As I saw her lips moving so fast, spewing out that foreign shit, inviting me to facefuck the shit out of her, getting all hot and bother... where was I? Oh, yea. Seeing Miles and him in the background gave me a good feeling that something like that was gonna get sayed.

Miles also said about Hurley tracking down Alpert:  "Unless he's covered in bacon grease, Hugo isn't tracking down anything."

Yes.  That was definitely the best line of the episode.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #302 on: April 06, 2010, 08:51:56 PM »
It's not done yet and still on commercial, but I hope you fuckers got boners like I did when Daniel said "We need to talk"

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #303 on: April 06, 2010, 09:13:43 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 06, 2010, 08:51:56 PM
It's not done yet and still on commercial, but I hope you fuckers got boners like I did when Daniel said "We need to talk"

Titsteaks slathered in breast milk. This show is going to go out with a bang.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #304 on: April 06, 2010, 09:26:42 PM »
Episodes that focus around Desmond are absolute money. All kinds of awesome tonight.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #305 on: April 07, 2010, 08:53:29 AM »
A couple stray questions that I thought of while reading some reviews... They're a little unrelated, and *might* have been discussed in Season 5, but I think they could be new.

1.   Ben is unable to kill Widmore. I'm thinking back to an interaction they had in Widmore's room a couple seasons ago. This would have to be a parallel to Smokey-Jacob, right? And wouldn't Ben fit the "Smokey" in that and Widmore is "Jacob"? It could be nothing, but maybe somehow that foreshadows who they were going to be aligned with? Ben's path was derailed by Alana (That's her name, right?) in "Dr. Linus".

2.   Also, Jacob brings people to the island. We could presume that he was going to bring the 815ers to the island. How did he actually get them there? They crashed because Desmond was curious as to what his partner was doing, ended up killing him, and was late to push the button. (Also, a stray thought, if Desmond was truly trying to save the world by doing that, then it appears he might be doing it again.) Should we believe that Jacob knew it was going to happen? Or that he somehow influenced Desmond to do that when he never met him?

Random thoughts, but I thought they were intriguing.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #306 on: April 07, 2010, 10:00:52 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 07, 2010, 08:53:29 AMAlso, Jacob brings people to the island. We could presume that he was going to bring the 815ers to the island. How did he actually get them there?

He touched a lot of people.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #307 on: April 07, 2010, 10:09:08 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on February 03, 2010, 09:47:35 AM
What did Juliet mean when she said "it worked"?  This is the biggest mystery to me.

Since Charlie seemed to know of the alt-timeline, when he was about to die (Choking on the heroin), this was probably the same for her (and Desmond, even though Desmond is a bit different)

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #308 on: April 07, 2010, 10:55:31 AM »
Fucking steakballs episode, as every Desmond episode is.
Top 5 episodes in the show, probably 4 are Desmond-centric.

Not sure it matters that much, but who the hell is Penny's mom?

And how come all the Widmore spawn/wives have different last names?
Widmore, Farraday, Hawking, Milton?

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #309 on: April 07, 2010, 10:58:50 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 05, 2010, 01:07:34 PM
I'd like to know what the deal with Christian is.
I'd like to see more Desmond before this series ends.
What's with the alt timeline? Is it all because of Jughead blowing up and if so, how far back did that change things (like if it only changed things after that, why is Ben substitute teaching) (Not sure we can totally cross this off)
What are those 4-toed statues (okay, maybe I don't really care about this)
How does Flocke turn into the smoke monster and what the hell is it? (I think this one is well enough covered)
What's up with Richard? Why doesn't he age? Is he just a patsy this whole time, following orders? (Sounds like this may get some play next week)
Why do all the women who become pregnant on the island have problems (pretty sure this isn't getting answered and it's just accepted as fact)
Do Adam and Eve have any relevance/more importance?
Does Vincent time travel too?
Have we seen the last of Walt? (I assume so)
What favor did Jacob ask of Ilana? (This is "protect the candidates, right?)
Who is that kid who said Flocke couldn't kill him b/c of the rules? Who's rules? Who can't he kill?

Updated.
5 episodes to go...pretty awesome season.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #310 on: April 07, 2010, 11:10:49 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 07, 2010, 10:55:31 AM

Retcon explanation: Widmore & Hawking never married in the original timeline. Hawking made up a father named Faraday for Dan so he wouldn't know Widmore was his real dad.

More likely explanation: the writers wanted to hold off on revealing that Faraday was the spawn of Widmore and Hawking, and the name change made that a lot easier.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #311 on: April 07, 2010, 11:13:46 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 07, 2010, 11:10:49 AM

Retcon explanation: Widmore & Hawking never married in the original timeline. Hawking made up a father named Faraday for Dan so he wouldn't know Widmore was his real dad.

More likely explanation: the writers wanted to hold off on revealing that Faraday was the spawn of Widmore and Hawking, and the name change made that a lot easier.

I wonder if Eloise will kill Daniel in the sideways timeline too?

Penny's mom was just some random from off the island.  She was the reason that Ben was able to kick Widmore off the island.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #312 on: April 07, 2010, 11:53:22 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on April 07, 2010, 11:13:46 AM
Quote from: R-V on April 07, 2010, 11:10:49 AM

I wonder if Eloise will kill Daniel in the sideways timeline too?

Penny's mom was just some random from off the island.  She was the reason that Ben was able to kick Widmore off the island.

After 5 1/2 seasons I think it's safe to say that no one is just random.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #313 on: April 07, 2010, 12:20:05 PM »
I like this idea.

QuoteIn the original universe, Eloise clearly believed that setting off the bomb would create an alternate reality. She became fixed on helping the Losties detonate it so that there would exist a world in which her son would live. In order to ensure that her son in this world did what he said he would do, and that the bomb would be set off, she did everything in her power to keep the timeline just as it appeared in Daniel's journal. She rounded up Des, sent the O6 back, and generally policed reality. All of it was in order to bring about a world in which a version of her son lived and was happy. Somehow, AlternaEloise seems to know all of this.

Now, perhaps she created the alt timeline somehow, and she is carefully making sure it stays in place. Everything she has done has been to keep her son alive. And the fates of our characters are not meant to be their ideal fates, or what they want, but what will prevent them from interfereing with whatever is holding it together.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #314 on: April 07, 2010, 12:21:59 PM »
Quote from: R-V on April 07, 2010, 12:20:05 PM
I like this idea.

QuoteIn the original universe, Eloise clearly believed that setting off the bomb would create an alternate reality. She became fixed on helping the Losties detonate it so that there would exist a world in which her son would live. In order to ensure that her son in this world did what he said he would do, and that the bomb would be set off, she did everything in her power to keep the timeline just as it appeared in Daniel's journal. She rounded up Des, sent the O6 back, and generally policed reality. All of it was in order to bring about a world in which a version of her son lived and was happy. Somehow, AlternaEloise seems to know all of this.

Now, perhaps she created the alt timeline somehow, and she is carefully making sure it stays in place. Everything she has done has been to keep her son alive. And the fates of our characters are not meant to be their ideal fates, or what they want, but what will prevent them from interfereing with whatever is holding it together.

Agreed, seems very consistent with what we know about Eloise and her agendas.