News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: National Tonkoon's Vacation  ( 51,521 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: National Tonkoon's Vacation
« Reply #360 on: August 06, 2015, 10:24:48 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 06, 2015, 10:07:12 AM
Anybody know when Chicago-area kids go back to school?  Little bastards are clogging everything up for me and my adorable Tonklets.

September

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #361 on: August 06, 2015, 10:52:31 AM »
Anybody know when Chicago-area kids go back to school?  Little bastards are clogging everything up for me and my adorable Tonklets.

Day after Labo(u)r Day, Sept. 8*.

* Barring any labo(u)r dispute.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #362 on: August 06, 2015, 11:41:26 AM »
Well, that's fucking shit.  I'm going back to Tennessee: the kids there started school again yesterday.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #363 on: August 06, 2015, 12:07:54 PM »

Much later than everyone else--after Labor Day, generally.  Only kids in  the sticks have started school already.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #364 on: August 06, 2015, 12:57:51 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on August 05, 2015, 10:01:49 AM
Quote from: Tony on August 05, 2015, 09:44:08 AM
Quote from: thehawk on July 19, 2015, 05:17:39 PM
So now its is time for Tonkoon Vacation part 2, electric boogaloo....

While showing Chinatown off to the lovely Thomas family, we figured out that both of us have tickets to the Friday August 7th 3:05 game with the Giants (PLAYOFF IMPLICATIONS).  Thinking a post game event at my house would be fun.  I am within walking distance of the park and we can have some food and drink and generally hang out.  Let me know if anyone would be interested....

Is this a thing that is happening? The Tonkfest at Hawkquarters?

This is a thing that is happening  (so far the family of the hour and Chuck and gang are confirmed). 

Getting together for a post-game get together at my place (please message me for address-I am about a 10-15 minute walk from the park (near Belmont el).))  guessing that will be around 6 ish .  Figured it will be dogs and beer or something like that with a later trek to Scooters.  All welcome but please message me so I and MsHawk have an idea of how many we will have.

I'll let you know tonight... sorry for the late notice.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #365 on: August 06, 2015, 06:18:44 PM »
Quote from: Tony on August 06, 2015, 12:57:51 PM

While showing Chinatown off to the lovely Thomas family, we figured out that both of us have tickets to the Friday August 7th 3:05 game with the Giants (PLAYOFF IMPLICATIONS).  Thinking a post game event at my house would be fun.  I am within walking distance of the park and we can have some food and drink and generally hang out.  Let me know if anyone would be interested....

This is a thing that is happening  (so far the family of the hour and Chuck and gang are confirmed). 

Getting together for a post-game get together at my place (please message me for address-I am about a 10-15 minute walk from the park (near Belmont el).))  guessing that will be around 6 ish .  Figured it will be dogs and beer or something like that with a later trek to Scooters.  All welcome but please message me so I and MsHawk have an idea of how many we will have.

Late notice is fine, we have plenty of beer/wine/malort/capri suns
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #366 on: August 07, 2015, 11:56:04 AM »
I know you can take (plastic-) bottled water into Wrigley, and not booze, but what about food?  If I take a bag of Crackerjack with me, will they take it off me?  What about sandwiches?  I know Huey crams Bacci slices into his fanny pack, but I don't know whether he's doing that legally, or sneaking into the ballpark hoping that the pepperoni-sniffer dogs are at another gate that day.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #367 on: August 07, 2015, 11:57:06 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 07, 2015, 11:56:04 AM
I know you can take (plastic-) bottled water into Wrigley, and not booze, but what about food?  If I take a bag of Crackerjack with me, will they take it off me?  What about sandwiches?  I know Huey crams Bacci slices into his fanny pack, but I don't know whether he's doing that legally, or sneaking into the ballpark hoping that the pepperoni-sniffer dogs are at another gate that day.

Pretty sure you can get a bologna sandwich in.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #368 on: August 07, 2015, 12:06:27 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 07, 2015, 11:57:06 AM

Thanks for your help.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #369 on: August 07, 2015, 12:32:38 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 07, 2015, 12:06:27 PM
I know you can take (plastic-) bottled water into Wrigley, and not booze, but what about food?  If I take a bag of Crackerjack with me, will they take it off me?  What about sandwiches?  I know Huey crams Bacci slices into his fanny pack, but I don't know whether he's doing that legally, or sneaking into the ballpark hoping that the pepperoni-sniffer dogs are at another gate that day.

Thanks for your help.

You can bring in anything.  My Bacci-in-a-fanny-pack thing was a meme generated by RV, as he has his own concierge within the ballpark and prefers to pay ballpark prices.  No, I flaunted that slice as I walked in.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #370 on: August 07, 2015, 12:33:38 PM »

Thanks for your help.

Crackerjack is terrible and completely unsuitable for human consumption, although not a bad insulation substitute in a pinch.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #371 on: August 07, 2015, 12:34:44 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 07, 2015, 12:33:38 PM
I know you can take (plastic-) bottled water into Wrigley, and not booze, but what about food?  If I take a bag of Crackerjack with me, will they take it off me?  What about sandwiches?  I know Huey crams Bacci slices into his fanny pack, but I don't know whether he's doing that legally, or sneaking into the ballpark hoping that the pepperoni-sniffer dogs are at another gate that day.

Thanks for your help.

Crackerjack is terrible and completely unsuitable for human consumption, although not a bad insulation substitute in a pinch.

Yes.  Buy a bag of peanuts from one of the brothers outside of the park.  Cheaper on the outside and all that.  One 5 dollar bag should be more than sufficient for the brood.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #372 on: August 07, 2015, 12:48:26 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 07, 2015, 12:33:38 PM

Thanks for your help.

Crunch 'n Munch 4 lyfe. Fiddle Faddle is alright, too.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #373 on: August 07, 2015, 01:06:52 PM »

Thanks for your help.

Seriously, score burritos from the place just east of the el and take those in. You will be crowned as a hero.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #374 on: August 07, 2015, 01:07:23 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on August 06, 2015, 06:18:44 PM
Quote from: Tony on August 06, 2015, 12:57:51 PM

Late notice is fine, we have plenty of beer/wine/malort/capri suns

It looks like we're in... I'll dm you for the details.