News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2012-13 Chicago Blackhawks/NHL/Stink Bowman should be FYERRED Thread  ( 36,908 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2012-13 Chicago Blackhawks/NHL/Stink Bowman should be FYERRED Thread
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2013, 08:08:01 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 29, 2013, 10:33:02 PM
http://hje.me/sbox/dlog.php?highlight=p151643852&date=2013-5-23#p151643852

Quote from: Intrepid Reader: BCNo way the Hawks beat Detroit three straight

FYBC.

Leave the hockey analysis to the smirking nobodies, BC.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2013, 10:53:10 AM »
Obviously this getting ahead of things a bit, particularly considering the Conference Final and potential Cup Final competition, but...

If the Hawks were to go on to win the 2013 Stanley Cup, Game 7 would overtake Game 5 in the annals of Blackhawk lore, right?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2013, 11:02:38 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 30, 2013, 10:53:10 AM
Obviously this getting ahead of things a bit, particularly considering the Conference Final and potential Cup Final competition, but...

If the Hawks were to go on to win the 2013 Stanley Cup, Game 7 would overtake Game 5 in the annals of Blackhawk lore, right?

I don't know about that.  This was huge.  But the win in Game 5 was so damn improbable that'll be hard to ever overtake that one.  Kane scores a shorthanded goal in the last minute to tie?  The Hawks kill off the remainder of a carry-over major penalty in OT and Hossa emerges from the box to immediately score the game winner?  I think the emotional whiplash I suffered in that game will probably remain unmatched.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2013, 11:26:54 AM »
Quote from: CT III on May 30, 2013, 11:02:38 AM

I don't know about that.  This was huge.  But the win in Game 5 was so damn improbable that'll be hard to ever overtake that one.  Kane scores a shorthanded goal in the last minute to tie?  The Hawks kill off the remainder of a carry-over major penalty in OT and Hossa emerges from the box to immediately score the game winner?  I think the emotional whiplash I suffered in that game will probably remain unmatched.

I'm of the belief that this series will go down as the most important one in recent memory because of how it happened and who it was against. While game five against Nashville was improbable and led to a Cup, it was still Nashville.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: May 30, 2013, 11:30:01 AM »

I don't know about that.  This was huge.  But the win in Game 5 was so damn improbable that'll be hard to ever overtake that one.  Kane scores a shorthanded goal in the last minute to tie?  The Hawks kill off the remainder of a carry-over major penalty in OT and Hossa emerges from the box to immediately score the game winner?  I think the emotional whiplash I suffered in that game will probably remain unmatched.

I don't know, maybe it's just the victory afterglow, but Game 7 has a whole lot to commend to it, too. The culmination of the series comeback. The culmination 87 years of rivalry. Game 7 overtime in general. Hjalmarsson's no-goal stoking every fear fans had of those fickle asshole hockey gods.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: May 30, 2013, 12:12:04 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 30, 2013, 11:30:01 AM
I don't know, maybe it's just the victory afterglow, but Game 7 has a whole lot to commend to it, too. The culmination of the series comeback. The culmination 87 years of rivalry. Game 7 overtime in general. Hjalmarsson's no-goal stoking every fear fans had of those fickle asshole hockey gods.

I guess it will probably depend on how the rest of the playoffs go.  For me, Game 5 in Nashville was the turning point.  Never again in that playoff season did I feel that the Hawks were in any real danger of losing a series.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: May 30, 2013, 12:44:15 PM »
Quote from: CT III on May 30, 2013, 12:12:04 PM

I guess it will probably depend on how the rest of the playoffs go.  For me, Game 5 in Nashville was the turning point.  Never again in that playoff season did I feel that the Hawks were in any real danger of losing a series.

And they never were. Zero game sevens during the Cup run.

I hope they can win four before the other team gets three the rest of the way as well.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2013, 01:15:00 PM »

Not to mention, even if things had gone pear-shaped last night, we've all still experienced a Blackhawks' Stanley Cup. We didn't have that in 2010 yet.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2013, 01:24:07 PM »

I guess it will probably depend on how the rest of the playoffs go.  For me, Game 5 in Chicago against Nashville was the turning point.  Never again in that playoff season did I feel that the Hawks were in any real danger of losing a series.

Huey'd.

The last five minutes of clock time of Round 1, Game 5, 2010 is up there with the great moments in Chicago Sports History.  Sandberg Game.  Dent / Marshall and snow.  The Shot.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: May 30, 2013, 04:00:19 PM »
Quote from: Fork on May 30, 2013, 01:15:00 PM

Not to mention, even if things had gone pear-shaped last night, we've all still experienced a Blackhawks' Stanley Cup. We didn't have that in 2010 yet.

I think it boils down to '49 years' versus 'Game 7'.  If the Hawks had not pulled that game out, the series would had gone back to Nashville (where they had split) so it wasn't quite as 'all or nothing' as last nights game was. 

This of course is all academic if the Hawks don't win the big shiny cup this year, so I hope we will be arguing this for years to come.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: May 30, 2013, 04:22:56 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on May 30, 2013, 04:00:19 PM
This of course is all academic if the Hawks don't win the big shiny cup this year, so I hope we will be arguing this for years to come.

Agreed. It's like, "Which Bulls team was the best?"

FYI, it's 1992. They'd have kicked the shit out of the 96, 97 and 98 teams.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: May 30, 2013, 04:23:25 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 30, 2013, 01:24:07 PM

I guess it will probably depend on how the rest of the playoffs go.  For me, Game 5 in Chicago against Nashville was the turning point.  Never again in that playoff season did I feel that the Hawks were in any real danger of losing a series.

Huey'd.

The last five minutes of clock time of Round 1, Game 5, 2010 is up there with the great moments in Chicago Sports History.  Sandberg Game.  Dent / Marshall and snow.  The Shot.

Geoff Blum... etc.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: May 30, 2013, 04:25:15 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 30, 2013, 04:22:56 PM

They would not have kicked the shit out of any of those teams and especially not 1996. Beat them in a seven game series? Who knows? But this is some total Chuckbaggery.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: May 30, 2013, 04:46:00 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 30, 2013, 04:22:56 PM

Same team that got taken to 7 games by the Knicks?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs