News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Borb Brenly is the Truth.  ( 20,435 )

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Borb Brenly is the Truth.
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2009, 08:54:07 AM »
He'll have his hands full correcting Stockton and keeping him awake.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2009, 09:32:32 AM »
Dodgers are my adopted "meh" playoff team (Gentleman Masher Thome, plus the matchup against the Cards). 

Brenly is superb.  (But my standards are low).

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2009, 10:10:46 AM »
Concur. Go Dodgers.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2009, 10:24:45 AM »
Quote from: Dave B on October 07, 2009, 10:10:46 AM
Concur. Go Dodgers.

You see those pitching matchups? The Dod-Gers are throwing Wolf, Kershaw and Padilla in games 1-3.

Yikes.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2009, 10:32:17 AM »
Quote from: Mickey Nine: The Dream Weaver on October 06, 2009, 08:20:45 PM
Quote from: BearsBearsBearsB... on October 06, 2009, 08:12:12 PM
Cardinals fans will get a big healthy dose of truth in round one.

QuoteWednesday, October 7th

Colorado Rockies @ Philadelphia Phillies, Game #1 (TBS, 2:30pm)- Brian Anderson, Joe Simpson and David Aldridge
Detroit Tigers/Minnesota Twins @ New York Yankees, Game #1 (TBS, 6pm)- Chip Caray, Ron Darling and Craig Sager
St. Louis Cardinals @ Los Angeles Dodgers, Game #1 (TBS, 9:30pm)- Dick Stockton, Bob Brenly and Tom Verducci

Looks like I'll be watching some baseball after all. Let's see how many digs Borb can get in.

I was planning on tuning in regardless, in order to see how exactly three-time Nobel Prize Winner Mark Deosa was planning on shitting the bed this year.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2009, 10:52:18 AM »
Quote from: MAD on October 07, 2009, 10:32:17 AM
I was planning on tuning in regardless, in order to see how exactly three-time Nobel Prize Winner Mark Deosa was planning on shitting the bed this year.

Since I really want to have this discussion again, I'm going to point out that Derosa's OPS in his two Cubs postseasons was .958 and that he drove in two-thirds of the team's runs during last year's series.

Then I'm going to wait for you to have a stroke.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2009, 10:53:00 AM »
Quote from: Mickey Nine: The Dream Weaver on October 06, 2009, 08:20:45 PM
Quote from: BearsBearsBearsB... on October 06, 2009, 08:12:12 PM
Cardinals fans will get a big healthy dose of truth in round one.

QuoteWednesday, October 7th

Colorado Rockies @ Philadelphia Phillies, Game #1 (TBS, 2:30pm)- Brian Anderson, Joe Simpson and David Aldridge
Detroit Tigers/Minnesota Twins @ New York Yankees, Game #1 (TBS, 6pm)- Chip Caray, Ron Darling and Craig Sager
St. Louis Cardinals @ Los Angeles Dodgers, Game #1 (TBS, 9:30pm)- Dick Stockton, Bob Brenly and Tom Verducci

Looks like I'll be watching some baseball after all. Let's see how many digs Borb can get in.

Huey predicting bad things for DeRosa has me worried he'll go on a 12 for 14 tear with 10 RBI as the Cards sweep LA in 3.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2009, 11:08:28 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 07, 2009, 10:52:18 AM

Since I really want to have this discussion again, I'm going to point out that Derosa's OPS in his two Cubs postseasons was .958 and that he drove in two-thirds of the team's runs during last year's series.

HE HIT INTO A DOUBLE PLAY GODDAMMIT!

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2009, 11:21:31 AM »
Quote from: CT III on October 07, 2009, 11:08:28 AM

It's the double play that he failed to turn last year, moreso than the retarded one he hit into the year before, that still gets my goat.  I'm generally pretty SABER-friendly, but in such small samples those stats provide me little solace.  Not when I see how much this SUPERHERO could have picked up Big Z and the entire team by turning the tailor-made two and saving that game, instead of turtling up in that inning like everyone else not named "Zambrano" did.  I mean, for a guy as superawesome as DeRosa is, you'd figure it's the least he could have done.   Just a cross I'll have to bear, I guess.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2009, 11:29:49 AM »
Quote from: MAD on October 07, 2009, 11:21:31 AM

It's the double play that he failed to turn last year, moreso than the retarded one he hit into the year before, that still gets my goat.  I'm generally pretty SABER-friendly, but in such small samples those stats provide me little solace.  Not when I see how much this SUPERHERO could have picked up Big Z and the entire team by turning the tailor-made two and saving that game, instead of turtling up in that inning like everyone else not named "Zambrano" did.  I mean, for a guy as superawesome as DeRosa is, you'd figure it's the least he could have done.   Just a cross I'll have to bear, I guess.

I'll help you carry it to my grave too. But we gotta stop to piss at Merrilleville
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2009, 01:49:21 PM »

Every infielder made an error that game.

Whenever you give the other guys four (or five) extra outs, you're gonna lose.  Focusing ANGER on Mark DeRosa takes the focus away from the fact that the whole team played like horseshit.

Lonestar always knew the team was a bunch of goddam gutless fucking assholes.  He tried to warn us, but we didn't listen.  Then they went out in two consecutive postseasons and proved him right.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2009, 02:01:53 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on October 07, 2009, 01:49:21 PM

Whenever you give the other guys four (or five) extra outs, you're gonna lose.  Focusing ANGER on Mark DeRosa takes the focus away from the fact that the whole team played like horseshit.

Lonestar always knew the team was a bunch of goddam gutless fucking assholes.  He tried to warn us, but we didn't listen.  Then they went out in two consecutive postseasons and proved him right.

Even Blehrig made an error, no?
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2009, 02:06:36 PM »

I'm still pissed at Theriot for the bouncing ball that he tried barehand. I'm sure a bunch of you will defend that because he was breaking toward the bag. But it bounced right past him and he tried to barehand it as opposed to getting in front of it. If he'd tried to glove it or knock it down and failed, well fuck. But he didn't. I hate that inning. Lee and Ramirez shat the bed but they've more than made up for their sins both before and since. DeRosa got traded so he didn't get an opportunity to asuage my Huard-hot anger. And the fellating he got from the fanbase afterward makes me sick still. Fuck him and fuck trying to get over my hate. It's not going to work.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2009, 02:08:40 PM »
AND HE'S ON THE FUCKING TARDINALS!!!!! GHDASLFKJHLDKFJKL:jalkj

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2009, 02:15:44 PM »
Lonestar always knew the team was a bunch of goddam gutless fucking assholes. 

Truly a man ahead of his time.