News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Twins SPLOOGEFEST  ( 58,270 )

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Twins SPLOOGEFEST
« Reply #210 on: October 07, 2009, 10:10:18 AM »
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: October 07, 2009, 10:13:37 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on October 07, 2009, 10:07:28 AM
Quote from: CT III on October 07, 2009, 09:58:45 AM
Holy shit, I had all but cleansed from my brain the memories of how terrible Chip Caray is as an announcer.  The guy is so terrible he distracts me even when I mute the television, because I know he's saying something idiotic even if I can't hear it.

I hope that the Yankees/Twins series is completely uninteresting sweep, because I don't want to be tempted to watch and be subjected to Chippy's calls again.

Whoever was broadcasting the game on ESPN 1000 were the polar opposite of a Chip Caray broadcast.  I don't know who the two guys were, but they were amazing.  I would have rather stayed in the car and listened to them the whole time than actually watch the game on TV.

Dan Shulman and Dave Campbell.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #212 on: October 07, 2009, 10:17:19 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on October 07, 2009, 10:13:37 AM
Holy shit, I had all but cleansed from my brain the memories of how terrible Chip Caray is as an announcer.  The guy is so terrible he distracts me even when I mute the television, because I know he's saying something idiotic even if I can't hear it.

I hope that the Yankees/Twins series is completely uninteresting sweep, because I don't want to be tempted to watch and be subjected to Chippy's calls again.

Whoever was broadcasting the game on ESPN 1000 were the polar opposite of a Chip Caray broadcast.  I don't know who the two guys were, but they were amazing.  I would have rather stayed in the car and listened to them the whole time than actually watch the game on TV.

HireDanShulmanAndDaveCambell.com

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #213 on: October 07, 2009, 10:27:23 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on October 07, 2009, 10:13:37 AM
Holy shit, I had all but cleansed from my brain the memories of how terrible Chip Caray is as an announcer.  The guy is so terrible he distracts me even when I mute the television, because I know he's saying something idiotic even if I can't hear it.

Whoever was broadcasting the game on ESPN 1000 were the polar opposite of a Chip Caray broadcast.  I don't know who the two guys were, but they were amazing.  I would have rather stayed in the car and listened to them the whole time than actually watch the game on TV.

I didn't hear the game on the radio but was going to guess it was Shulman and Campbell.  That's an outstanding broadcasting pair.

My favorite moment from that animotronic assclown's shitting-on-the-baseball-game last night was on that double play that Slaky alluded to.

For posterity, here was how that clown college called that play.

QuoteLine drive ! BASE HIT!  CAUGHT BY RAYBURN!

Huh?  

Imagine if the half-blind Ron Santo had been sitting next to that asshat on the call.  It reminds me of the call by the comatose Dick Stockton that Boers and Bernstein played for a while on the SCORE, in a situation where the bases were loaded with two outs and the count was 3-2 (I don't even know what game it was).

QuoteBALL FOUR!  STRIKE THREE!

At least Stockton's old, blind and nearly dead.  Chip's just such an over-emotive bag of wind he can't help but make the broadcast about him.

It just makes me so grateful that Caray is no longer poisoning the broadacasts of Cubs games with his blathering idiocy, and makes me wonder how the hell we survived so long with him in the booth.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #214 on: October 07, 2009, 11:18:54 AM »
As much as I would like to bang the Yankees drum to be able to continue the FYP pleasure of the new faux-Twins fans here...as much as we all know the Yankees are an evil monster, this quote from last week's SI article on Mariano really stuck out:

After failing to reach the playoffs last year for the first time since 1993, the Yankees have the best record in baseball, the most home runs, the highest-scoring lineup, and the highest-paid catcher, first baseman, shortstop, third baseman, starting pitcher and, yes, reliever.

So, if you guys want to hate America and not support Detroit, that's your problem, but if we're talking about going up against the Yankees, there will be no FYPing on a Twins victory in this series.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #215 on: October 07, 2009, 11:34:45 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 07, 2009, 11:18:54 AM
As much as I would like to bang the Yankees drum to be able to continue the FYP pleasure of the new faux-Twins fans here...as much as we all know the Yankees are an evil monster, this quote from last week's SI article on Mariano really stuck out:

After failing to reach the playoffs last year for the first time since 1993, the Yankees have the best record in baseball, the most home runs, the highest-scoring lineup, and the highest-paid catcher, first baseman, shortstop, third baseman, starting pitcher and, yes, reliever.

So, if you guys want to hate America and not support Detroit, that's your problem, but if we're talking about going up against the Yankees, there will be no FYPing on a Twins victory in this series.

I'm not sure the Yankees are evil. I hate just about every team in America and every team's fans seem to hate the Yankees. So... fuck every team in America basically and go Yankees.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #216 on: October 07, 2009, 11:40:05 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 07, 2009, 11:34:45 AM

I'm not sure the Yankees are evil. I hate just about every team in America and every team's fans seem to hate the Yankees. So... fuck every team in America basically and go Yankees.

But the enemy of your enemy is not always your friend.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #217 on: October 07, 2009, 12:03:59 PM »

I like the Yankees because they play awesome baseball.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #218 on: October 07, 2009, 12:05:22 PM »
Quote from: MAD on October 07, 2009, 10:27:23 AM
My favorite moment from that animotronic assclown's shitting-on-the-baseball-game last night was on that double play that Slaky alluded to.

QuoteLine drive ! BASE HIT!  CAUGHT BY RAYBURN!

Huh? 

Via TJ Brown on the Facebook, see it here while it lasts...

http://waxpaperbeercup.com/2009/10/07/the-failure-that-is-chip-caray/

OFF TARGET! AND IN TIME!
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #219 on: October 07, 2009, 12:11:24 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 07, 2009, 12:03:59 PM

So why do you like the Cubs?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #220 on: October 07, 2009, 12:13:03 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on October 07, 2009, 12:05:22 PM
Quote from: MAD on October 07, 2009, 10:27:23 AM

QuoteLine drive ! BASE HIT!  CAUGHT BY RAYBURN!

Huh? 

Via TJ Brown on the Facebook, see it here while it lasts...

http://waxpaperbeercup.com/2009/10/07/the-failure-that-is-chip-caray/

OFF TARGET! AND IN TIME!

I'm really lucky to have been able to hear Harry call Cubs games when I was younger.  Chip's a monstrosity.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #221 on: October 07, 2009, 12:14:41 PM »
Quote from: MAD on October 07, 2009, 12:11:24 PM

I didn't used to, but I sort of fell in love after they signed Mark DeRosa.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #222 on: October 07, 2009, 12:16:48 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 07, 2009, 12:14:41 PM

How could you not?  His stubble is so dreamy.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #223 on: October 07, 2009, 12:32:11 PM »
Quote from: MAD on October 07, 2009, 12:16:48 PM

I have stubble. Am I dreamy?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #224 on: October 07, 2009, 12:38:25 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on October 07, 2009, 12:32:11 PM
Quote from: MAD on October 07, 2009, 12:16:48 PM

I have stubble. Am I dreamy?

Yeah, ever had a night terror?