News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Coming to America, Part the Third.  ( 79,222 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Coming to America, Part the Third.
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2011, 10:57:54 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on April 06, 2011, 10:31:35 AM
Tonks,

Just for general getting around knowledge, Maps.google.com will do public transit routings as well, and includes timetables (although an 'ish' should be added to the times). Also available on what ever smartphone Huey is selling this week.

Google Maps' time tables are good enough that I'm rarely late to anything anymore.

It's been a real boon to my social standing.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2011, 11:04:25 AM »
Tonks,

Just for general getting around knowledge, Maps.google.com will do public transit routings as well, and includes timetables (although an 'ish' should be added to the times).  Also available on what ever smartphone Huey is selling this week.

Wrong Mick

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2011, 11:09:20 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 06, 2011, 11:04:25 AM
Tonks,

Just for general getting around knowledge, Maps.google.com will do public transit routings as well, and includes timetables (although an 'ish' should be added to the times).  Also available on what ever smartphone Huey is selling this week.

Wrong Mick

There's no such thing as a "right Mick".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2011, 11:16:45 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 06, 2011, 09:00:56 AM
Quote from: CT III on April 06, 2011, 08:35:42 AM
Quote from: PANK! on April 06, 2011, 07:56:53 AM
Blue line it to Clark & Lake, and cab it from there.  I'm rarely in a cab but I'm guessing 6-8 bucks at most.  It's barely a mile and a quarter which, on a Friday afternoon, should only take you about two hours.

Or he can take the Blue Line to Washington, switch to the Red Line and take that to State and Chicago.  It's a quick walk from there.

That sounds good - I'd like to avoid going by road if possible, because as Mike says it's Friday afternoon and as such I'd probably be better walking.  If I'm understanding the map correctly, though, it seems to me as though it might make sense to go one station further to Monroe, where the Blue and Red appear to be side by side, and then head North.  Am I right?

If you feel like walking tot he Hancock, let me know.  You can exit the blue line at Clinton and I'll walk with you.  We can even make it a short pub crawl, depending on how bags you'll have with you.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2011, 11:18:56 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on April 06, 2011, 11:16:45 AM
Blue line it to Clark & Lake, and cab it from there.  I'm rarely in a cab but I'm guessing 6-8 bucks at most.  It's barely a mile and a quarter which, on a Friday afternoon, should only take you about two hours.

Or he can take the Blue Line to Washington, switch to the Red Line and take that to State and Chicago.  It's a quick walk from there.

That sounds good - I'd like to avoid going by road if possible, because as Mike says it's Friday afternoon and as such I'd probably be better walking.  If I'm understanding the map correctly, though, it seems to me as though it might make sense to go one station further to Monroe, where the Blue and Red appear to be side by side, and then head North.  Am I right?

If you feel like walking tot he Hancock, let me know.  You can exit the blue line at Clinton and I'll walk with you.  We can even make it a short pub crawl, depending on how bags you'll have with you.

Depending on your how bags, I'll drink on the way to somewhere too
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2011, 11:27:14 AM »
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2011, 12:02:23 PM »

Bit of a trek from Clinton Blue to the Hancock, isn't it?  It's got to be getting on for three miles.  I walked everywhere last time I was in town, but that might be a smidge too far with luggage.  I can always dump the bag at the apartment and come back to Clinton, of course - or meet you somewhere in between.  Easier to crawl when you're not weighed down...
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2011, 02:43:35 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 06, 2011, 12:02:23 PM

Bit of a trek from Clinton Blue to the Hancock, isn't it?  It's got to be getting on for three miles.  I walked everywhere last time I was in town, but that might be a smidge too far with luggage.  I can always dump the bag at the apartment and come back to Clinton, of course - or meet you somewhere in between.  Easier to crawl when you're not weighed down...

Don't they switch trains on those Eurotubes? Grab a red line, take it up to Chicago Ave & you're a couple blocks away.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2011, 02:50:50 PM »
Quote from: Fork on April 06, 2011, 02:43:35 PM

Don't they switch trains on those Eurotubes? Grab a red line, take it up to Chicago Ave & you're a couple blocks away.

Yes. we've established that, Fork.  You should probably read Oleg's post again.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2011, 02:57:27 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 06, 2011, 02:50:50 PM

That would imply I ever read Oleg's posts.
TIME TO POST!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2011, 04:11:46 PM »
Quote from: Fork on April 06, 2011, 02:57:27 PM

That you don't read mine is the least something something...

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2011, 07:30:24 PM »
Quote from: CT III on April 06, 2011, 04:11:46 PM
Quote from: Fork on April 06, 2011, 02:57:27 PM

That you don't read mine is the least something something...

You should get a blog.
TIME TO POST!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2011, 04:54:51 AM »
Right, you 'orrible lot, time to get serious about this shit.

I'm in discussions with Mike about tickets for games and all things being equal will probably try to go to Saturday or Sunday, and Tuesday and Wednesday.  Are we now decided that we're going to hit up a bar and drink until they throw us out, and if so, when?  Saturday?  Sunday?  Monday?  Saturday, Sunday and Monday?  I want to make this very clear - as long as there are thirsty Desipiots in need of moral support between the 27th May up to and including the 3rd June, they can count on me at any hour or the day or night.

Also, anybody want to come to any of the games?  I know you're going to complain at me for planning things this early, but if I want to get tickets lined up it would be good to know what we're likely to be doing, and when.

I've set up a gmail account, and updated the calendar with what little of my schedule that I already know : tonkfest@googlemail.com.  The password is tonkfest1, so you should all be able to see and amend it if you wish.  I'll try to keep this updated so that anybody who fancies taking part in the festivities will know, even at short notice, what's going on, and where.

I already have a chub.  Even if I never cross paths with a single one of youse guys, and never see a second of baseball, it's eight whole fucking days that are all mine to do with as I wish, and that, gentlemen, is pure gold.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2011, 06:13:36 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 07, 2011, 04:54:51 AM
Right, you 'orrible lot, time to get serious about this shit.

I'm in discussions with Mike about tickets for games and all things being equal will probably try to go to Saturday or Sunday, and Tuesday and Wednesday.  Are we now decided that we're going to hit up a bar and drink until they throw us out, and if so, when?  Saturday?  Sunday?  Monday?  Saturday, Sunday and Monday?  I want to make this very clear - as long as there are thirsty Desipiots in need of moral support between the 27th May up to and including the 3rd June, they can count on me at any hour or the day or night.

Also, anybody want to come to any of the games?  I know you're going to complain at me for planning things this early, but if I want to get tickets lined up it would be good to know what we're likely to be doing, and when.

I've set up a gmail account, and updated the calendar with what little of my schedule that I already know : tonkfest@googlemail.com.  The password is tonkfest1, so you should all be able to see and amend it if you wish.  I'll try to keep this updated so that anybody who fancies taking part in the festivities will know, even at short notice, what's going on, and where.

I already have a chub.  Even if I never cross paths with a single one of youse guys, and never see a second of baseball, it's eight whole fucking days that are all mine to do with as I wish, and that, gentlemen, is pure gold.

I'll gladly go to a game with you.  Just let me know which one.  Mike's seats already have the potato smell on them, so they're perfect.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2011, 08:19:26 AM »
I'm down for a weekend game.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck