News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Coming to America, Part the Third.  ( 79,217 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Coming to America, Part the Third.
« Reply #420 on: June 03, 2011, 08:09:58 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 03, 2011, 06:00:50 PM
Quote from: Oleg on June 03, 2011, 05:37:46 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 03, 2011, 05:25:01 PM
Quote from: Tony on June 03, 2011, 04:47:53 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 03, 2011, 03:27:34 PM
Quote from: Bort on June 03, 2011, 02:44:21 PM
Quote from: Tony on June 03, 2011, 02:40:56 PM
Tonker should spend his last night in the US enjoying German culture at Mayfest in Lincoln Square.

It would probably be exciting for him to see how actual Germans party.

THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING.

Thrill gets it.

Are there plans for beer drinking tonight? I probably can't come anyway because I'm sick and feel like shit. So nevermind.

Tonk is happy houring with Chuck right now at the Green Door Tavern in River North. 678 N Orleans.

Chuck is leaving at 6, but Tonk plans on sticking around and Huey will be joining him around 7. I expect I'll probably head down, too, because... why not? Wheezer is reportedly en route.

It'll be a veritable meeting of the minds.

My Pankhelmet and I will be there in about 38 minutes.

Intrepid Readers: Bort and CT

So you'll get there around 8:00?

Still asshurt.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #421 on: June 03, 2011, 09:08:17 PM »
Quote from: Bort on June 03, 2011, 08:09:58 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 03, 2011, 06:00:50 PM
Quote from: Oleg on June 03, 2011, 05:37:46 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 03, 2011, 05:25:01 PM
Quote from: Tony on June 03, 2011, 04:47:53 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 03, 2011, 03:27:34 PM
Quote from: Bort on June 03, 2011, 02:44:21 PM
Quote from: Tony on June 03, 2011, 02:40:56 PM
Tonker should spend his last night in the US enjoying German culture at Mayfest in Lincoln Square.

It would probably be exciting for him to see how actual Germans party.

THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING.

Thrill gets it.

Are there plans for beer drinking tonight? I probably can't come anyway because I'm sick and feel like shit. So nevermind.

Tonk is happy houring with Chuck right now at the Green Door Tavern in River North. 678 N Orleans.

Chuck is leaving at 6, but Tonk plans on sticking around and Huey will be joining him around 7. I expect I'll probably head down, too, because... why not? Wheezer is reportedly en route.

It'll be a veritable meeting of the minds.

My Pankhelmet and I will be there in about 38 minutes.

Intrepid Readers: Bort and CT

So you'll get there around 8:00?

Still asshurt.

But thanks for picking us up, Tank.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #422 on: June 04, 2011, 01:24:13 AM »
That was a genuinely hellish ride back on the #6. There was a couple having a singalong at the tops of their lungs the entire way, and they weren't exactly particular about getting the lyrics correct. And I was greeted by the horrible realization that it's alumni weekend, implying a park full of trinket-peddling vagabonds come morning.

It's been reassuring to be reminded thrice this week that there may be more salvageable corners of my unconscious mind than I had thought.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #423 on: March 15, 2012, 03:35:39 AM »
So, anyway, in the absence of any actually good ideas for what to do with my annual Week Away From The Trouble And StrifeTM, and having once more read through the "breakfast" thread from beginning to end, I'm thinking about coming to Chicago again.  The Cubs are in town and playing the Tards and Pissburgh from the 27th July until the 2nd August so I thought I'd probably look to fly in on the 27th and back out again on the 4th, something like that.

I know it's a long way off for those of you that don't have kids and thus don't have your schedule planned until the middle of 2014 like me, but are any of you likely to be around then?  To be honest, I'll be quite happy just to bodge about town on my own, but if any of you (even Yetti) are available for beer/Kumas/hand job exchange, so much the better.

I promise not to bare my arse to any bartenders this time.*

*I promise nothing of the sort, actually.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #424 on: March 15, 2012, 07:19:44 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 15, 2012, 03:35:39 AM
So, anyway, in the absence of any actually good ideas for what to do with my annual Week Away From The Trouble And StrifeTM, and having once more read through the "breakfast" thread from beginning to end, I'm thinking about coming to Chicago again.  The Cubs are in town and playing the Tards and Pissburgh from the 27th July until the 2nd August so I thought I'd probably look to fly in on the 27th and back out again on the 4th, something like that.

I know it's a long way off for those of you that don't have kids and thus don't have your schedule planned until the middle of 2014 like me, but are any of you likely to be around then?  To be honest, I'll be quite happy just to bodge about town on my own, but if any of you (even Yetti) are available for beer/Kumas/hand job exchange, so much the better.

Just make sure you have a mind/don't mind list ready this time.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #425 on: March 15, 2012, 08:26:55 AM »

I should be around.  Looking forward to it!  In fact, perhaps given the relative dearth of demand for Cubs tickets this year we should look to make a Desipiot outing of some sort coincide with that weekend?  Take over the LF corner of the Bleachers, perhaps, or sit silently at Brixen Ivy?
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #426 on: March 15, 2012, 08:28:11 AM »

That backs quite nicely into Lollapalooza weekend. I will be around for sure.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #427 on: March 15, 2012, 08:28:33 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on March 15, 2012, 08:26:55 AM

I should be around.  Looking forward to it!  In fact, perhaps given the relative dearth of demand for Cubs tickets this year we should look to make a Desipiot outing of some sort coincide with that weekend?  Take over the LF corner of the Bleachers, perhaps, or sit silently at Brixen Ivy?

How much would it cost to let Tonk play a game at third?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #428 on: March 15, 2012, 08:47:51 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 15, 2012, 08:28:11 AM

That backs quite nicely into Lollapalooza weekend. I will be around for sure.

Tonker's pretty much going to have to go to Lollapalooza now.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #429 on: March 15, 2012, 09:58:14 AM »
Countdown to leg humpings - commenced.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #430 on: March 15, 2012, 10:10:27 AM »
Does this mean more Alfonso Soriano memorabilia is going to be purchased?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #431 on: March 15, 2012, 10:39:55 AM »
I can possibly make it. I have such a busy life, I'll have to squeeze it in

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #432 on: March 15, 2012, 10:59:25 AM »

For Sunday, 7/29, we can buy a block of 20 terrace reserved seats for $47/pop.

Rooftops might be only a little more if we wait it out.
TIME TO POST!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #433 on: March 15, 2012, 11:50:15 AM »
Quote from: Fork on March 15, 2012, 10:59:25 AM

For Sunday, 7/29, we can buy a block of 20 terrace reserved seats for $47/pop.

Rooftops might be only a little more if we wait it out.

Amazing.  20 seats, in a block, for a Sunday game against the Tards, for less than $50 a pop.  Looks like even the most optimistic Cubs' fan has accepted that they're going to be all kinds of shitty this year.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #434 on: March 15, 2012, 11:51:17 AM »
DPD.  Have okayed the trip with STonk, just need to check out flights and hotels now.  Looks like it's gonna hai.