News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Coming to America, Part the Third.  ( 79,215 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Coming to America, Part the Third.
« Reply #585 on: July 23, 2012, 04:18:47 AM »
Well, I'm glad we got that sorted out.

So, where's it going to be?  Somebody (other than Dubbs, clearly) needs to make an executive decision about Sunday's (pre-)game drinking, not least so that the out-of-towners know what's happening and can make plans accordingly.  I'd make the decision myself but I'm nearly as likely to get this wrong as Chuck would be.

Sheffield's, like last time?  It has screens, decent grub, a reasonable beer selection and a garden.  No?  Somewhere else?

Here's a Yelp selection that I made in case anybody needs inspiration.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #586 on: July 23, 2012, 08:26:11 AM »
What are we doing Friday night, other than putting Tonk into a dog suit so we can tell everyone he's Wilfred?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #587 on: July 23, 2012, 10:45:01 AM »
I humbly make 2 suggestions for Sunday:

Upscale http://www.deucesandthediamondclub.com/  a brand new place on Clark street, not cheap but really nice patio (they have private cabanas as well) and inside bar good drinks and lovely waitresses

More divey  but still great http://www.yelp.com/biz/guthries-tavern-chicago  A bit outside of Bro central but only 3 blocks to Wrigley nice back porch good beer selection

Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #588 on: July 23, 2012, 11:06:03 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on July 23, 2012, 10:45:01 AM

Upscale http://www.deucesandthediamondclub.com/  a brand new place on Clark street, not cheap but really nice patio (they have private cabanas as well) and inside bar good drinks and lovely waitresses

More divey  but still great http://www.yelp.com/biz/guthries-tavern-chicago  A bit outside of Bro central but only 3 blocks to Wrigley nice back porch good beer selection

I've been to Guthrie's before, I think - after a Cubs game.  Isn't it the place with all the board games?  I was thinking more along the lines of a SPORTZ bar, my frent, so we can watch the Cubs get their arses handed to them by the Tards.  And upscale?  You're far too civilised.  I know you've met these people, Hawk.  What is it about them that says "upscale"?  We just need a place that isn't going to throw us out when one of us (ahem) removes his trousers.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #589 on: July 23, 2012, 11:52:16 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 23, 2012, 11:06:03 AM

I've been to Guthrie's before, I think - after a Cubs game.  Isn't it the place with all the board games?  I was thinking more along the lines of a SPORTZ bar, my frent, so we can watch the Cubs get their arses handed to them by the Tards.  And upscale?  You're far too civilised.  I know you've met these people, Hawk.  What is it about them that says "upscale"?  We just need a place that isn't going to throw us out when one of us (ahem) removes his trousers.

Well the servers at D+D are worth removing one trousers for.  But for pure Sportz bars, Sheffields is cool, but YakZies over on Clark by the field might be a good choice for someplace new (didn't know you had been to Guthries before).
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #590 on: July 23, 2012, 12:01:08 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on July 23, 2012, 11:52:16 AM

Well the servers at D+D are worth removing one trousers for.  But for pure Sportz bars, Sheffields is cool, but YakZies over on Clark by the field might be a good choice for someplace new (didn't know you had been to Guthries before).

I've also been to YakZies, but the one on Diversey, not in Wrigleyville.  In all honesty, though, I don't think we want to be that near the park, do we?  I guess anywhere round there will be full of Chads before and after the game.  Perhaps there was a reason Sheffield's was the right choice first time round...

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #591 on: July 23, 2012, 12:02:49 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 23, 2012, 12:01:08 PM
Quote from: thehawk on July 23, 2012, 11:52:16 AM

I've also been to YakZies, but the one on Diversey, not in Wrigleyville.  In all honesty, though, I don't think we want to be that near the park, do we?  I guess anywhere round there will be full of Chads before and after the game.  Perhaps there was a reason Sheffield's was the right choice first time round...

I enjoy Sheffield's. I vote present.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #592 on: July 23, 2012, 06:58:00 PM »
Quote from: Fork on July 23, 2012, 08:26:11 AM
What are we doing Friday night, other than putting Tonk into a dog suit so we can tell everyone he's Wilfred?

So... Somewhere in Chicagoland there's apparently a Marine itching for some Friday night Tonkfest.

WHOS GONNA DECIDING?????
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #593 on: July 23, 2012, 07:07:32 PM »
Is this this week?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #594 on: July 23, 2012, 08:18:10 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 23, 2012, 06:58:00 PM

So... Somewhere in Chicagoland there's apparently a Marine itching for some Friday night Tonkfest.

WHOS GONNA DECIDING?????

All we need are drinks, air conditioning and hot chicks to shoot Dubbs down.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #595 on: July 23, 2012, 08:30:29 PM »
What's up Saturday?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #596 on: July 23, 2012, 09:28:12 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 23, 2012, 06:58:00 PM

WHOS GONNA DECIDING?????

I'm doing Critical Mass.  Then, we're ALL meeting up for a burger at Dillinger's.  ALL = a buddy whom of mine whom Tonker knows.  He's one of them ND (Non-Despiots).

So, meet at Dillinger's at 7:30 or so.  Or, somewhere else afterwards.  I'd actually be up for staying in Chadville and striking out with Trixies.  Just a suggestion based on burger consumption and Tonker's anticipated state by then.

But, whatever.  People can text me or something.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #597 on: July 24, 2012, 03:35:41 AM »
Okay, as there still seems to be some confusion, here's my schedule:

Friday 27th: Land ORD 1410.  Make way into town to my gaff.  Make way up to Dillinger's for around 1930.  TonkfestTM 2012 Part I.  Profit.

Saturday 28th: DeKalb, golf.  Back in the Chi early evening?  Might be up for a beer at that stage.

Sunday 29th: TonkfestTM 2012 part II, Sheffield's, from around 1300 until Shooter falls asleep in his beer.

Monday 30th - Friday 3rd: Drink as much beer, eat as much meat, smoke as many fags, shag as many birds as I possibly can.  Anybody who wants to come along for the ride is very welcome.  I may well go to the day game against the Pirates on Wednesday 1st, feel free to join me.  I could also be persuaded to go to one of the night games (Mon, Tue) instead if there's anybody who would rather do that.

So, see you Friday and Sunday for the official stuff.  There will also be a Shoutlunch at some stage but we haven't decided where or when yet.  I'll leave that up to you guys, because I can do any day.

Fuck me, I'm looking forward to this.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #598 on: July 24, 2012, 06:40:38 AM »
Only stuff your wife won't mind.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #599 on: July 24, 2012, 07:42:30 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 24, 2012, 03:35:41 AM
Okay, as there still seems to be some confusion, here's my schedule:

Friday 27th: Land ORD 1410.  Make way into town to my gaff.  Make way up to Dillinger's for around 1930.  TonkfestTM 2012 Part I.  Profit.

Saturday 28th: DeKalb, golf.  Back in the Chi early evening?  Might be up for a beer at that stage.

Sunday 29th: TonkfestTM 2012 part II, Sheffield's, from around 1300 until Shooter falls asleep in his beer.

Monday 30th - Friday 3rd: Drink as much beer, eat as much meat, smoke as many fags, shag as many birds as I possibly can.  Anybody who wants to come along for the ride is very welcome.  I may well go to the day game against the Pirates on Wednesday 1st, feel free to join me.  I could also be persuaded to go to one of the night games (Mon, Tue) instead if there's anybody who would rather do that.

So, see you Friday and Sunday for the official stuff.  There will also be a Shoutlunch at some stage but we haven't decided where or when yet.  I'll leave that up to you guys, because I can do any day.

Fuck me, I'm looking forward to this.

Dillinger's the bar on Lincoln?
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.