News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Coming to America, Part the Third.  ( 79,225 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Coming to America, Part the Third.
« Reply #630 on: July 27, 2012, 04:06:29 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 26, 2012, 02:54:59 PM
Counting the minutes to Tonkfest. It's better than Christmas because it's not a made up holiday. Tonker really lived. He left and he came back. Suck it, Jesus.

*like*
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #631 on: July 27, 2012, 06:59:22 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 26, 2012, 02:54:59 PM
Counting the minutes to Tonkfest. It's better than Christmas because it's not a made up holiday. Tonker really lived. He left and he came back.

He waged war on human nature at large.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #632 on: July 28, 2012, 01:00:50 PM »
A good start. Readers of the FroBlog will be happy to know that I absolutely demolished the kid in billiards while excoriating him for his views on both Charles Tillman and Lovie Smith.

Thrill, Morph, Slak, Gallahad and I shut the town down after Oleg and Tonk left to get some shut eye before their golf outing today. Previously, Fork, LFork and various other assorted gents helped us to rule the roost wherever we went.

Swee you at Sheffields tomorrow around 1.

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #633 on: July 28, 2012, 01:40:59 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 28, 2012, 01:00:50 PM
A good start. Readers of the FroBlog will be happy to know that I absolutely demolished the kid in billiards while excoriating him for his views on both Charles Tillman and Lovie Smith.

I sorely hope you are not referring to pool.

QuoteSwee you at Sheffields tomorrow around 1.

Yah, me too, assuming I can successfully bathe. Maybe anyway.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #634 on: July 28, 2012, 02:21:41 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on July 28, 2012, 01:40:59 PM

Hmpf, that's a bold assumption.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #635 on: July 28, 2012, 03:04:42 PM »
I've just been to Hell and back. Are people still meeting tonight? Codys?
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #636 on: July 28, 2012, 03:12:48 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 28, 2012, 02:21:41 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on July 28, 2012, 01:40:59 PM

Hmpf, that's a bold assumption.

I have plenty of sponges if you want to help.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #637 on: July 29, 2012, 08:54:30 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on July 28, 2012, 03:04:42 PM

4 hours of golf in the in the sun followed by an awesome cookout in the cornfields was not kind to my advanced aged body.  I dropped off Tonker at his hotel at around 9.  That bloke needed some rest.  I'm guessing he's going on his 12th hour of sleep as I type this and we'll all be better for it.

Sheffield's today is on.  12:30 or so...maybe 1.

If anyone wants to join us, Tonk and I are meeting at Anne Sather's on Belmont for some breakfast around 11.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #638 on: July 29, 2012, 09:58:47 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on July 29, 2012, 08:54:30 AM

4 hours of golf in the in the sun followed by an awesome cookout in the cornfields was not kind to my advanced aged body.  I dropped off Tonker at his hotel at around 9.  That bloke needed some rest.  I'm guessing he's going on his 12th hour of sleep as I type this and we'll all be better for it.

If anyone wants to join us, Tonk and I are meeting at Anne Sather's on Belmont for some breakfast around 11.

I was trying - and failing - to explain to Oleg just how fucking alien that whole cornfield experience yesterday was to me.  And by "alien", I mean utterly, utterly fucking brilliant.  Despite Tdubbs' misgivings, if yesterday isn't the highlight of of my trip, I'll be amazed (and, clearly, delighted.)

Golf in the US: golf carts, huge fucking Bloody Marys with four shots of vodka, sunshine, cornfields, cold beer and food delivered to you on the course.

Golf in Europe: none of the above.

By the way, it turns out that Huey's family are really, really cool people.  I can only assume he's adopted.

See you at Ann Sathers/Sheffields, dudes.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #639 on: July 29, 2012, 06:49:33 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 29, 2012, 09:58:47 AM

I was trying - and failing - to explain to Oleg just how fucking alien that whole cornfield experience yesterday was to me.  And by "alien", I mean utterly, utterly fucking brilliant.  Despite Tdubbs' misgivings, if yesterday isn't the highlight of of my trip, I'll be amazed (and, clearly, delighted.)

Golf in the US: golf carts, huge fucking Bloody Marys with four shots of vodka, sunshine, cornfields, cold beer and food delivered to you on the course.

By the way, it turns out that Huey's family are really, really cool people.  I can only assume he's adopted.

I'm down for a ShoutLunch or 2.  Tuesday and Wednesday are both out for me.  I'll sit down and wait for my options.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #640 on: July 29, 2012, 09:41:50 PM »
That's the last time I'm eating sow's teat. I barely kept it together on the CTA, and my groin has broken out.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #641 on: July 29, 2012, 09:55:04 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 29, 2012, 06:49:33 PM
Quote from: Tonker on July 29, 2012, 09:58:47 AM

I was trying - and failing - to explain to Oleg just how fucking alien that whole cornfield experience yesterday was to me.  And by "alien", I mean utterly, utterly fucking brilliant.  Despite Tdubbs' misgivings, if yesterday isn't the highlight of of my trip, I'll be amazed (and, clearly, delighted.)

By the way, it turns out that Huey's family are really, really cool people.  I can only assume he's adopted.

I'm down for a ShoutLunch or 2.  Tuesday and Wednesday are both out for me.  I'll sit down and wait for my options.

I can't make Monday or Tuesday, but am open otherwise.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #642 on: July 30, 2012, 12:11:14 AM »
Quote from: CT III on July 29, 2012, 09:55:04 PM

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday sound perfect.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #643 on: July 30, 2012, 09:02:29 AM »
Quote from: flannj on July 30, 2012, 12:11:14 AM

Tuesday sounds particularly good.

Let's do Thursday, then.  Venue TBD by somebody other than me.

I'll also be doing Skrinechops for lunch this week - possibly tomorrow?  Oleg?  There's also some discussion of having lunch at Kuma's on Friday, for those of you who can make that.

Portillo's today, I think, and then I'll be going to see the Cubs tonight (natch).  If you want to meet for lunch, give me a call on +31 653 477 868 and we can discuss timings.  I won't be able to read anything here between now and then.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #644 on: July 30, 2012, 10:19:13 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 30, 2012, 09:02:29 AM
Quote from: flannj on July 30, 2012, 12:11:14 AM

Tuesday sounds particularly good.

Let's do Thursday, then.  Venue TBD by somebody other than me.

I'll also be doing Skrinechops for lunch this week - possibly tomorrow?  Oleg?  There's also some discussion of having lunch at Kuma's on Friday, for those of you who can make that.

Portillo's today, I think, and then I'll be going to see the Cubs tonight (natch).  If you want to meet for lunch, give me a call on +31 653 477 868 and we can discuss timings.  I won't be able to read anything here between now and then.

That's too many numbers.

Let's do the slunch earlier in the week b/c from the pic i saw  of tonk and his eating this week, he migh tnot make it to thursday
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.