News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Miguel Montero Splooge Thread #HeIsGood  ( 3,949 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Miguel Montero Splooge Thread #HeIsGood
« on: June 12, 2015, 07:17:42 AM »
I know we were using the Ross thread as a de facto Miggy splooge thread, but this guy deserves his own I think. Safe to say his slump his over.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Miguel Montero Splooge Thread #HeIsGood
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 08:18:24 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 12, 2015, 07:17:42 AM
Safe to say his slump his over.

Is it? It's been two games against two bad pitchers.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 08:19:47 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 12, 2015, 08:18:24 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 12, 2015, 07:17:42 AM
Safe to say his slump his over.

Is it? It's been two games against two bad pitchers.

I saw what you done there.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 10:02:50 PM »
Bump!  Walkoff dong

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 09:03:03 AM »
He played a huge role in Hector getting out of that bases loaded jam on Sunday as well. I believe Eli's exact quote when the Cubs acquired him was "This guy is not only a terrible baseball player, but a piece of garbage as a human being, and I'm strongly considering giving up not just the Cubs, but baseball in general." Shameful stuff.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 09:09:27 AM »
Quote from: R-V on August 13, 2015, 09:03:03 AM
He played a huge role in Hector getting out of that bases loaded jam on Sunday as well. I believe Eli's exact quote when the Cubs acquired him was "This guy is not only a terrible baseball player, but a piece of garbage as a human being, and I'm strongly considering giving up not just the Cubs, but baseball in general." Shameful stuff.

"The only thing more certain than this  Miguel Montero trade turning about to be a disaster for the Cubs is Lester going back to Boston thanks to the Ricketts' crippling debt load"- Eli, for sure, on December 9th, 2014.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 09:16:56 AM »
"Pfft.  Might as well let Hank White catch."

Eli, probably.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 09:41:21 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 13, 2015, 09:09:27 AM
Quote from: R-V on August 13, 2015, 09:03:03 AM

"The only thing more certain than this  Miguel Montero trade turning about to be a disaster for the Cubs is Lester going back to Boston thanks to the Ricketts' crippling debt load"- Eli, for sure, on December 9th, 2014.

"Miguel Montero is Spanish for Paul Bako" - Eli while stabbing a kind, elderly woman in the middle of the street in January 2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 10:07:51 AM »
"Miguel Montero should be backing up David Ross instead of the other way around" - Eli, while snatch-and-grabbing cookies off a Girl Scout's table.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 11:19:23 AM »
"Miguel Montero has an unusual love for dogs" - Eli, word for word, February 2015, whilst standing up in front of Huey to put ketchup on his dog.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 11:20:05 AM »
QuoteI'm torn on Montero. How you feel about it is dependent on how you feel about pitch framing. If you don't buy into it very much, they've basically spent $50 million to not really upgrade the catcher position. Then again, the framing stuff might just be an area where we're stuck in the dark as fans. I've been trying to read about it and there are reasonable people who say it's totally overrated and reasonable people who have formulated that Yadier Molina is about as valuable as 2001 Barry Bonds.
- Eli's actual quote about Montero, while shivving a homeless bum in on a cold December day.

Since Castillo has been quite a bit more offensively productive than Montero this year, it still kind of comes down to how you feel about pitch framing. Or the value of amusingly misparsed tweets.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 11:28:48 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 13, 2015, 11:20:05 AM
QuoteI'm torn on Montero. How you feel about it is dependent on how you feel about pitch framing. If you don't buy into it very much, they've basically spent $50 million to not really upgrade the catcher position. Then again, the framing stuff might just be an area where we're stuck in the dark as fans. I've been trying to read about it and there are reasonable people who say it's totally overrated and reasonable people who have formulated that Yadier Molina is about as valuable as 2001 Barry Bonds.
- Eli's actual quote about Montero, while shivving a homeless bum in on a cold December day.

Since Castillo has been quite a bit more offensively productive than Montero this year, it still kind of comes down to how you feel about pitch framing. Or the value of amusingly misparsed tweets.

Look who thinks he's Neil Diamond all of a sudden.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2015, 11:36:53 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 13, 2015, 11:20:05 AM

.836 OPS, 125 wRC+, 1.5 WAR for Beefcastle this year. I'm glad that Miggy has been solid and Schwarber actually does look like a future major league catcher because otherwise dumping Welington for nothing would chap my ass more than it does.

Ah, f&*k it. We all know I'm lying. My ass is plenty chapped. F&*k you, David Ross.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 08:11:17 AM »
Had key doubles Friday and Saturday, the go ahead homer Saturday, and one of his patented oppo bombs to put the game away yesterday. 1.032 OPS in August for this dude.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2015, 08:43:12 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 24, 2015, 08:11:17 AM
Had key doubles Friday and Saturday, the go ahead homer Saturday, and one of his patented oppo bombs to put the game away yesterday. 1.032 OPS in August for this dude.

He'd have been worth it just for the hit vs. St. Louis that led to Molina's ejection. Yes I know the Cubs lost that game in typical Cub fashion but who cares.

Also, he's doubling as a marketing executive.