News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME  ( 81,550 )

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME
« Reply #210 on: November 18, 2009, 10:10:56 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on November 18, 2009, 09:51:01 AM
Quote from: Slack-E on November 18, 2009, 09:47:18 AM
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 18, 2009, 09:18:08 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 18, 2009, 09:16:01 AM
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 18, 2009, 09:08:53 AM
Also, one thing I noticed with this game that's pretty nice is that it seems to allow you to earn challenges at tiers you haven't unlocked yet. I unlocked the payback tier yesterday or the day before, and when I went in there to look what there was to do, it showed that I had already completed a couple and was on my way to complete a couple more pretty quick. I'm not sure if it does this for the weapons, but it's pretty cool nonetheless.

Did the last game do this for the weapons?  I used to try to pick up an M14 at every chance in the last one so that when I finally unlocked it, I wouldn't have far to go to get the red dot.

My very favorite thing about this game is the way it stores your kill streak bonuses.

I also like that we're the most hated nerds in this dark corner.

I'm working my way up the chain. Got up to level 6 after picking up the game on Monday night. I suck ass, but it's a good old time unless I have the stupid headset on and have to hear these ignorant kids shout insults at no one in particular.

There's 4 types of people you'll hear on that game: 12 year-olds who call you "gay," rednecks who keep talking about the guns, 20-somethings who brag about every single thing they do, and potheads who use the "Joint Ops" title and just talk about how high they are or when they're going to smoke next.

What about 22 year old jobless losers that play every video game known to man for 19 hours a day, see every movie on opening night, and post pictures of their video game "success" to the internet for everybody to see?  Those guys have to be added to that list.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: November 18, 2009, 10:11:53 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on November 18, 2009, 10:10:56 AM
Also, one thing I noticed with this game that's pretty nice is that it seems to allow you to earn challenges at tiers you haven't unlocked yet. I unlocked the payback tier yesterday or the day before, and when I went in there to look what there was to do, it showed that I had already completed a couple and was on my way to complete a couple more pretty quick. I'm not sure if it does this for the weapons, but it's pretty cool nonetheless.

Did the last game do this for the weapons?  I used to try to pick up an M14 at every chance in the last one so that when I finally unlocked it, I wouldn't have far to go to get the red dot.

My very favorite thing about this game is the way it stores your kill streak bonuses.

I'm working my way up the chain. Got up to level 6 after picking up the game on Monday night. I suck ass, but it's a good old time unless I have the stupid headset on and have to hear these ignorant kids shout insults at no one in particular.

There's 4 types of people you'll hear on that game: 12 year-olds who call you "gay," rednecks who keep talking about the guns, 20-somethings who brag about every single thing they do, and potheads who use the "Joint Ops" title and just talk about how high they are or when they're going to smoke next.

What about 22 year old jobless losers that play every video game known to man for 19 hours a day, see every movie on opening night, and post pictures of their video game "success" to the internet for everybody to see?  Those guys have to be added to that list.

You are so gay.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #212 on: November 18, 2009, 10:12:57 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on November 18, 2009, 09:53:26 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 18, 2009, 09:51:19 AM
Also, one thing I noticed with this game that’s pretty nice is that it seems to allow you to earn challenges at tiers you haven’t unlocked yet. I unlocked the payback tier yesterday or the day before, and when I went in there to look what there was to do, it showed that I had already completed a couple and was on my way to complete a couple more pretty quick. I’m not sure if it does this for the weapons, but it’s pretty cool nonetheless.

I know what you mean.  I'm sure you know this, but just in case you don't once you find out which gamertag all the noise is coming from, you can mute them by hitting start, going to the gamertag, then toggling mute on.

You 360 or PS3?

I do know that, but when I go in there I'm not moving and probably getting murdered. Oh well.

I'm on 360 - Slaky1980. I'm on your list.

Oh, snap.  Forgot about that.  A desippy nerdlinger fest might be in order soon.

ETA:  Sorry...I guess Yeti and I aren't terrible enough.  Though, we really aren't that good.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #213 on: November 18, 2009, 10:13:08 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on November 18, 2009, 10:09:39 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 18, 2009, 10:07:49 AM

Did the last game do this for the weapons?  I used to try to pick up an M14 at every chance in the last one so that when I finally unlocked it, I wouldn't have far to go to get the red dot.

Sweet.  I'll play against you instead of the pros in this thread.

Yeah, if you see me on we should get into the same match. I don't think I want to play with the guys in here. I play with a dude from work and he's better than me by far but still not as good as these clowns which means it doesn't totally suck. My brothers are the same way - both of them are awesome at this game.

Hang with me Kerm. We can be terrible together.

Things will get much easier when you start unlocking new weapons and attachments.  This game, much more than the first, has a huge advantage for higher-ranked players over lower-ranked.  In COD4, the best guns (M4 and AK47) were available from the beginning, so you could get by a lot easier with the early-level equipment.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #214 on: November 18, 2009, 10:15:14 AM »

Oh, you mean the 22 year-olds who went to school for game design, had two jobs until the other day, and enjoy these forms of entertainment because that's what they grew up with?  Yeah, we're a bunch of a faggots.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #215 on: November 18, 2009, 10:18:33 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on November 18, 2009, 10:15:14 AM

Oh, you mean the 22 year-olds who went to school for game design, had two jobs until the other day, and enjoy these forms of entertainment because that's what they grew up with?  Yeah, we're a bunch of a faggots I'm one of the ones TDubbs mentioned.

Shorter version'd
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #216 on: November 18, 2009, 10:19:00 AM »

Oh, you mean the 22 year-olds who went to school for game design, had two jobs until the other day, and enjoy these forms of entertainment because that's what they grew up with?  Yeah, we're a bunch of a faggots.

Now have no jobs? or just one?

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #217 on: November 18, 2009, 10:20:20 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 18, 2009, 10:19:00 AM

Now have no jobs? or just one?

Just one.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #218 on: November 18, 2009, 10:24:18 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on November 18, 2009, 10:13:08 AM

Did the last game do this for the weapons?  I used to try to pick up an M14 at every chance in the last one so that when I finally unlocked it, I wouldn't have far to go to get the red dot.

Yeah, if you see me on we should get into the same match. I don't think I want to play with the guys in here. I play with a dude from work and he's better than me by far but still not as good as these clowns which means it doesn't totally suck. My brothers are the same way - both of them are awesome at this game.

Things will get much easier when you start unlocking new weapons and attachments.  This game, much more than the first, has a huge advantage for higher-ranked players over lower-ranked.  In COD4, the best guns (M4 and AK47) were available from the beginning, so you could get by a lot easier with the early-level equipment.

So, now that you're ranked way ahead of me AND better than me, it will be even WORSE to play with you?  Sounds fun.
Hire Jim Essian!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #219 on: November 18, 2009, 10:25:55 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 18, 2009, 10:24:18 AM
Quote from: Weebs on November 18, 2009, 10:13:08 AM

So, now that you're ranked way ahead of me AND better than me, it will be even WORSE to play with you?  Sounds fun.

I would think it would be good to play *with* people that are good. That way they don't kill you, they kill the other team efficiently, and they can help "protect" you.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #220 on: November 18, 2009, 10:27:40 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 18, 2009, 10:25:55 AM
I would think it would be good to play *with* people that are good. That way they don't kill you, they kill the other team efficiently, and they can help "protect" you.

Remember that time we played Battlefield with Weebs, and he was totally useless?
Hire Jim Essian!

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #221 on: November 18, 2009, 10:28:37 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 18, 2009, 10:27:40 AM

Remember that time we played Battlefield with Weebs, and he was totally useless?

Remember that time we played Battlefield and went to bed asshurt?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #222 on: November 18, 2009, 10:29:26 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 18, 2009, 10:28:37 AM

Remember that time we played Battlefield and went to bed asshurt?

Well, NOW I do!
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #223 on: November 18, 2009, 10:39:39 AM »

You mean the time I kept sniping you because I was completely ignoring the objectives?  I haven't played since that night.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #224 on: November 18, 2009, 10:49:10 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on November 18, 2009, 10:39:39 AM

You mean the time I kept sniping you because I was completely ignoring the objectives?  I haven't played since that night.

Wow, you have a terrible memory, because I think you killed me maybe twice before I sneaked up on you and knifed your face.  No, I'm referring to the time when we were on the same team, and you were laughingly ignoring the objectives and doing your own thing, and Yeti and I and the whole rest of our team hated you for it, and I vowed to never again play an online shooter with you.  That time.
Hire Jim Essian!