News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME  ( 81,545 )

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME
« Reply #225 on: November 18, 2009, 11:01:30 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 18, 2009, 10:49:10 AM
Quote from: Weebs on November 18, 2009, 10:39:39 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 18, 2009, 10:27:40 AM
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 18, 2009, 10:25:55 AM
I would think it would be good to play *with* people that are good. That way they don't kill you, they kill the other team efficiently, and they can help "protect" you.

Remember that time we played Battlefield with Weebs, and he was totally useless?

You mean the time I kept sniping you because I was completely ignoring the objectives?  I haven't played since that night.

Wow, you have a terrible memory, because I think you killed me maybe twice before I sneaked up on you and knifed your face.  No, I'm referring to the time when we were on the same team, and you were laughingly ignoring the objectives and doing your own thing, and Yeti and I and the whole rest of our team hated you for it, and I vowed to never again play an online shooter with you.  That time.

Ouch.

I've kind of always been that way with the Battlefield series.  I like sniping a lot in those games, and the sniper class is pretty worthless for actually trying to capture an objective, which is why I was just killing people.  Also, I was terrible at that game the three times I played it.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #226 on: November 18, 2009, 11:02:38 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 18, 2009, 10:49:10 AM
Quote from: Weebs on November 18, 2009, 10:39:39 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 18, 2009, 10:27:40 AM
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 18, 2009, 10:25:55 AM
I would think it would be good to play *with* people that are good. That way they don't kill you, they kill the other team efficiently, and they can help "protect" you.

Remember that time we played Battlefield with Weebs, and he was totally useless?

You mean the time I kept sniping you because I was completely ignoring the objectives?  I haven't played since that night.

Wow, you have a terrible memory, because I think you killed me maybe twice before I sneaked up on you and knifed your face.  No, I'm referring to the time when we were on the same team, and you were laughingly ignoring the objectives and doing your own thing, and Yeti and I and the whole rest of our team hated you for it, and I vowed to never again play an online shooter with you.  That time.

This grudge, while pathetic, is hilarious.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #227 on: November 18, 2009, 12:33:15 PM »
Here's a pretty interesting take on Modern Warfare 2:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/11/17/wot-i-think-modern-warfare-2/#more-21247

I think it does a good job of showing just what kind of trouble this game will probably cause for the medium, even though it's really just supposed to be an action game where you blow shit up and kill people.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #228 on: November 18, 2009, 01:13:36 PM »
I'm sad that I'm the lone PS3-er for this game.

I also love the irrational hatred Chad has for this thread and its denizens.  I don't get it, but I love it.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #229 on: November 18, 2009, 01:22:58 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on November 18, 2009, 01:13:36 PM
I'm sad that I'm the lone PS3-er for this game.

I also love the irrational hatred Chad has for this thread and its denizens.  I don't get it, but I love it.

He hates us because he thinks we don't have secks with women.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #230 on: November 19, 2009, 02:15:33 PM »
Did anyone else finish the single-player yet?  There were a lot of cool moments, but I got a little annoyed that (SPOILER) pretty much every character you play gets brutally killed at some point.

Nice choice, Infinity Ward.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #231 on: November 19, 2009, 03:06:52 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 19, 2009, 02:15:33 PM
Did anyone else finish the single-player yet?  There were a lot of cool moments, but I got a little annoyed that (SPOILER) pretty much every character you play gets brutally killed at some point.

THIS.

I think everyone was so amazed by the nuke scene in the first game that IW decided it has the same emotional impact when it keeps happening over and over and over again, particularly with characters you play as for about 5 minutes.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #232 on: November 19, 2009, 03:14:49 PM »

It's gotta be dramatic. I really don't care too much about the story. Once I could, I fast forwarded through the cutscenes when it was possible. I did watch the final thing without trying to fast forward it. I enjoyed the game. It was frustrating at times to beat, but not having that "imaginary line" to cross where enemies don't respawn made it much nicer

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #233 on: November 19, 2009, 03:25:27 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 19, 2009, 03:14:49 PM

It's gotta be dramatic. I really don't care too much about the story. Once I could, I fast forwarded through the cutscenes when it was possible. I did watch the final thing without trying to fast forward it. I enjoyed the game. It was frustrating at times to beat, but not having that "imaginary line" to cross where enemies don't respawn made it much nicer

On Veteran, the Rio level and the level where you have to take the sub were pretty infuriating, but nowhere near as terrible as the Ferris wheel level from MW.
Hire Jim Essian!

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #234 on: November 19, 2009, 03:25:50 PM »
SPOILER (I guess):

I hadn't finished the game, but I read teh SPOILER anyway.  I figured as much.  I'm at the part in the game just after the explosion in space.  Just before that, when Price goes to teh sub, does he turn on Task 141 and the United States?  Or, does he launch the EMP that knock the enemey helis down for the Marines to take hold of Washington?  I played this last night and couldn't exactly figure out what was happening.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #235 on: November 19, 2009, 03:27:56 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 19, 2009, 03:25:50 PM
SPOILER (I guess):

I hadn't finished the game, but I read teh SPOILER anyway.  I figured as much.  I'm at the part in the game just after the explosion in space.  Just before that, when Price goes to teh sub, does he turn on Task 141 and the United States?  Or, does he launch the EMP that knock the enemey helis down for the Marines to take hold of Washington?  I played this last night and couldn't exactly figure out what was happening.

I had no clue what was happening throughout much of the game.  But I will say it took me about 45 seconds to realize I was in control of the satellite before I finally realized that I was supposed to turn it.
Hire Jim Essian!

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #236 on: November 19, 2009, 03:40:09 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 19, 2009, 03:27:56 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 19, 2009, 03:25:50 PM
SPOILER (I guess):

I had no clue what was happening throughout much of the game.  But I will say it took me about 45 seconds to realize I was in control of the satellite before I finally realized that I was supposed to turn it.

You're supposed to control it?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #237 on: November 20, 2009, 06:36:02 AM »
Okay, so I beat the campaign last night.  Were Soap and Price fighting against the Army Rangers?  I guess Price didn't turn in the sub, but what was that all about?  I'm very confused.  I just know that they get away with a Russkie in a Little Bird.  I'm satisfied with the ending, I just wish I knew what the hell was going on during the story because it seemed pretty epic.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #238 on: November 20, 2009, 08:34:23 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 20, 2009, 06:36:02 AM
Okay, so I beat the campaign last night.  Were Soap and Price fighting against the Army Rangers?  I guess Price didn't turn in the sub, but what was that all about?  I'm very confused.  I just know that they get away with a Russkie in a Little Bird.  I'm satisfied with the ending, I just wish I knew what the hell was going on during the story because it seemed pretty epic.

Basically, I think Shepard was trying to do his own dastardly deeds, but Soap and Price were the only ones who know what was going on (or at least price did, for a while).  I think Makarov, despite being a terrorist, was actually working against Shepard the whole time.  While I'm not sure if Price letting the EMP go off actually was to help the people in DC, I do think it was used to expose Shepard.  I had a pretty good grasp of it while I was playing, but this just goes to show that IW did an incredibly shitty job of telling the story outside of the cutscenes.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #239 on: November 20, 2009, 09:00:02 AM »
They missed out on a great way to end that level at the airport.  Instead of taking one in the head from Makarov, why not just have him wound you and leave, and then you're suck trying to fight your way back through the airport with a whole mess of angry Russians coming after you?