News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME  ( 81,553 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME
« Reply #255 on: December 03, 2009, 07:25:21 AM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 02, 2009, 06:10:41 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on December 02, 2009, 05:40:19 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 02, 2009, 05:33:44 PM
DPD, but I have what might probably end up being a dumb question.

So, I am attempting to get two of the last pro perk rewards, namely the SitRep and the Cold Blooded reward.

I understand the objective for SitRep, but what does the game mean by "Destroy 40 Enemy Killstreak Rewards?"  Does this mean I have to destory some combination of 40 planes, sentry guns, helicopters, and airdrops?

Anyone got any clue on this, because the reward for Cold Blooded (No Red-Crosshair or Name When Targeted) sounds pretty cool.

Yea. That's exactly what it means. I was perplexed on how to achieve that b/c you can't really shoot down a helicopter easily with this, and I was thinking you would just get it by knifing sentry guns. Maybe stopping power, but not cold-blooded. Pull out a javelin and do it. To get this one (and I'm working on it now), I am using Scar (or M16) along with the Javelin, and my perks are Scavenger (I like to kill people with random Javelin kills so getting replenished is nice), Cold-Blooded, and Steady Aim (that one's just kind of for the hell of it)

I think it might be easy to use the Javelin to take out the UAVs (as they don't shoot at you) and the knife for the Sentry Guns.

Also, you mentioned the SCAR just now.  I think that gun is absolute steak sauce if you use it with Sleight of Hand and Stopping Power.

It's even more steak sauce with Bling, using a holo or dot sight and full metal jacket (FMJ).  The toughest perks to choose between for me are Bling and Sleight of Hand, the latter being very advantageous to me because I'm a chronic reloader.  The M16 is gravy boats, too.  I went 44-9 (a nice little Weebs round) with it on the airplane map (not Terminal, but the other one).

What are everyone's killstreaks?  I stopped using the care package because any kill reward I get from it doesn't count toward my streak.  I moved up my first reward to five, which I thought would be a death sentence.  Turns out it's not really that hard to get to.  I call in a Predator Missile at five, then that usually gets me two to three kills and sends me right into my Harrier at seven, which usually gets me to my AC130 at 11.

The Predator is fun.  It's bonerizing when you see about five red squres huddled in one spot on the map, especially when they're not inside a building.

PS:  Don't know if it was covered yet, but you can boost the speed of your Predator Missile by hitting the right trigger.  It's a one time thing, though, so you can't slow it down.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: December 03, 2009, 07:36:18 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 03, 2009, 07:25:21 AM

So, I am attempting to get two of the last pro perk rewards, namely the SitRep and the Cold Blooded reward.

I understand the objective for SitRep, but what does the game mean by "Destroy 40 Enemy Killstreak Rewards?"  Does this mean I have to destory some combination of 40 planes, sentry guns, helicopters, and airdrops?

Anyone got any clue on this, because the reward for Cold Blooded (No Red-Crosshair or Name When Targeted) sounds pretty cool.

Yea. That's exactly what it means. I was perplexed on how to achieve that b/c you can't really shoot down a helicopter easily with this, and I was thinking you would just get it by knifing sentry guns. Maybe stopping power, but not cold-blooded. Pull out a javelin and do it. To get this one (and I'm working on it now), I am using Scar (or M16) along with the Javelin, and my perks are Scavenger (I like to kill people with random Javelin kills so getting replenished is nice), Cold-Blooded, and Steady Aim (that one's just kind of for the hell of it)

I think it might be easy to use the Javelin to take out the UAVs (as they don't shoot at you) and the knife for the Sentry Guns.

Also, you mentioned the SCAR just now.  I think that gun is absolute steak sauce if you use it with Sleight of Hand and Stopping Power.

It's even more steak sauce with Bling, using a holo or dot sight and full metal jacket (FMJ).  The toughest perks to choose between for me are Bling and Sleight of Hand, the latter being very advantageous to me because I'm a chronic reloader.  The M16 is gravy boats, too.  I went 44-9 (a nice little Weebs round) with it on the airplane map (not Terminal, but the other one).

What are everyone's killstreaks?  I stopped using the care package because any kill reward I get from it doesn't count toward my streak.  I moved up my first reward to five, which I thought would be a death sentence.  Turns out it's not really that hard to get to.  I call in a Predator Missile at five, then that usually gets me two to three kills and sends me right into my Harrier at seven, which usually gets me to my AC130 at 11.

The Predator is fun.  It's bonerizing when you see about five red squres huddled in one spot on the map, especially when they're not inside a building.

PS:  Don't know if it was covered yet, but you can boost the speed of your Predator Missile by hitting the right trigger.  It's a one time thing, though, so you can't slow it down.

I have the same basic killstreak loadout, although I haven't even played the game in about two weeks.  But instead of the AC130, I have the Chopper Gunner.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: December 03, 2009, 08:10:43 AM »

I have mine set at Predator Missile, AC130 (will switch to chopper gunner when I complete the AC130 challenge), and tactical nuke. I'm holding out hope. I've had a couple 20+ kill streaks but not 25 yet. I have considered taking a chance and doing pavelow with AC130. Having those 2 going at the same time will rape and get me to 25 real fast. It's just needing to get a natural 9 killstreak, which is a little tough.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: December 03, 2009, 08:18:35 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on December 03, 2009, 08:10:43 AM

I have mine set at Predator Missile, AC130 (will switch to chopper gunner when I complete the AC130 challenge), and tactical nuke. I'm holding out hope. I've had a couple 20+ kill streaks but not 25 yet. I have considered taking a chance and doing pavelow with AC130. Having those 2 going at the same time will rape and get me to 25 real fast. It's just needing to get a natural 9 killstreak, which is a little tough.

Having them going at the same time would be awesome.

Felix Heredia

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: December 03, 2009, 10:24:53 AM »
I almost never get more than 6-7 kill steak on a regular basis. What gametypes are you playing?

I just rock UAV, Care Packages & Predator.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: December 03, 2009, 10:43:18 AM »
Quote from: Felix Heredia on December 03, 2009, 10:24:53 AM
I almost never get more than 6-7 kill steak on a regular basis. What gametypes are you playing?

I just rock UAV, Care Packages & Predator.

I play a lot of Headquarters, Domination or Sabotage.  It's much easier to get a kill streak going because you have a good idea of where people are heading/might be camping.  What level are you?  I highly recommend tinkering with your killstreaks.  The most effective ones are AC130 and the chopper gunner.  Pave Low is decent, too.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: December 03, 2009, 12:00:55 PM »
I too have been using the 5 kills benchmark for my first killstreak, seeing as I finished the complete UAV challenge.  With regards to the guns, I've been sticking to the SCAR and the UMP45 of late.  My KDR has moved from 1.15 to about 1.30, so it's been a positive development.

Also, do you Secksboxers have the Mosh Pit game mode?  I love that one.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: December 03, 2009, 12:05:47 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 03, 2009, 12:00:55 PM
I too have been using the 5 kills benchmark for my first killstreak, seeing as I finished the complete UAV challenge.  With regards to the guns, I've been sticking to the SCAR and the UMP45 of late.  My KDR has moved from 1.15 to about 1.30, so it's been a positive development.

I've done that a little bit, but I stick to the HQ most of the time. Mainly b/c I can camp near the HQ and pick people off. I'm a little bitch. My K/D is sitting around 1.20. I want it to get above 1.25, and 1.5 would be the ultimate goal but I doubt that'll happen.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: December 03, 2009, 12:19:47 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on December 03, 2009, 12:05:47 PM

I've done that a little bit, but I stick to the HQ most of the time. Mainly b/c I can camp near the HQ and pick people off. I'm a little bitch. My K/D is sitting around 1.20. I want it to get above 1.25, and 1.5 would be the ultimate goal but I doubt that'll happen.

As long as I'm in my happy medium of between 1.10 and 1.30, I'm fine.  Also, what are the specific benefits of prestiging in this game?  I know W@W allowed one to obtain additional custom classes, but is there anything for this game?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: December 03, 2009, 12:26:15 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 03, 2009, 12:19:47 PM

As long as I'm in my happy medium of between 1.10 and 1.30, I'm fine.  Also, what are the specific benefits of prestiging in this game?  I know W@W allowed one to obtain additional custom classes, but is there anything for this game?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you get to unlock an extra custom class slot with each prestige.  You also get to keep all your emblems and titles.  Everything else resets and you get a fancy little symbol next to your gamertag.  I mainly prestige because I like the sound the game makes when you rank up in a match.

What is Mosh Pit?  I've seen it down there, but like the whitebread Southern swamprat that I am, I steer away from anything DIFFERENT.  My K/D sits at 1.81.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: December 03, 2009, 12:29:32 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 03, 2009, 12:26:15 PM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you get to unlock an extra custom class slot with each prestige.  You also get to keep all your emblems and titles.  Everything else resets and you get a fancy little symbol next to your gamertag.  I mainly prestige because I like the sound the game makes when you rank up in a match.

What is Mosh Pit?  I've seen it down there, but like the whitebread Southern swamprat that I am, I steer away from anything DIFFERENT.  My K/D sits at 1.81.

It's a lobby that plays random game types, Team Deathmatch, Sabotage, Search & Destroy, etc.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: December 03, 2009, 12:36:31 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on December 03, 2009, 12:29:32 PM

It's a lobby that plays random game types, Team Deathmatch, Sabotage, Search & Destroy, etc.

I thought that was Ground War?

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: December 03, 2009, 12:41:56 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 03, 2009, 12:36:31 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on December 03, 2009, 12:29:32 PM

I thought that was Ground War?

Ground War is just a big team battle lobby (20 player opposed to the standard 8) that cycles between Domination and Team Deathmatch only

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: December 04, 2009, 07:42:48 AM »
The Javelin glitch is gay.  People just do this to piss other people off, right?  I mean, that's got to be the only enoyment out of it for them.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: December 04, 2009, 08:12:28 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 04, 2009, 07:42:48 AM
The Javelin glitch is gay.  People just do this to piss other people off, right?  I mean, that's got to be the only enoyment out of it for them.

IAN and I were in a match last night in Scrapyard (Playing Headquarters) and some faggot who used that thing went 72-68. I know the guy's K/D wasn't phenomenal (1.06) but it pissed me off to kill someone and get blown up by him. Also, there were times were I was a good "50 feet" from him and still got killed by the explosion. I took the strategy once of trying to not kill him when he came at me (we actually chased each other around a vehicle for a few seconds) but I found out that he can still knife when he's doing that. I'd like to see that thing fixed.