News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME  ( 81,549 )

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME
« Reply #360 on: December 11, 2009, 12:21:53 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 11, 2009, 12:14:46 PM
Quote from: Weebs on December 11, 2009, 11:47:02 AM
Quote from: Yeti on December 11, 2009, 11:39:21 AM
Quote from: Weebs on December 11, 2009, 11:38:01 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 11, 2009, 11:31:56 AM
Quote from: Weebs on December 11, 2009, 11:24:45 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 11, 2009, 08:51:05 AM
I read this morning (on either IGN or TeamXBOX) that the 360 patch for the Javelin glitch (and others) drops today...it already might be live.

Kerm...you still play?  Yeti and I ran shit last night.  We love to rail asses.  Weebs and Slak, you guys play at all anymore?

I haven't played since before I bought Assassin's Creed II.  If I've played anything lately, it's just been a few minutes of Zelda or Mario on my DS.  I'll try to get on and play with you guys sometime, but I'm busy pretty much all weekend.

You're camping out for Avatar, aren't you?

That movie looks terrible, but no, I'm actually trying to have a life outside of video games.  I call it: Second Life.

I assume that was on purpose?

You're so wise.

I had never heard of that until today. I was going to try to spin it into something about Half-Life but then I went and fucked it all up

Half-Life is what I call Second Life.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #361 on: December 11, 2009, 01:04:57 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on December 11, 2009, 12:21:53 PM
I read this morning (on either IGN or TeamXBOX) that the 360 patch for the Javelin glitch (and others) drops today...it already might be live.

Kerm...you still play?  Yeti and I ran shit last night.  We love to rail asses.  Weebs and Slak, you guys play at all anymore?

I haven't played since before I bought Assassin's Creed II.  If I've played anything lately, it's just been a few minutes of Zelda or Mario on my DS.  I'll try to get on and play with you guys sometime, but I'm busy pretty much all weekend.

That movie looks terrible, but no, I'm actually trying to have a life outside of video games.  I call it: Second Life.

You're so wise.

I had never heard of that until today. I was going to try to spin it into something about Half-Life but then I went and fucked it all up

Half-Life is what I call Second Life.

Second Life Weebs plays Third Life.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #362 on: December 11, 2009, 01:28:49 PM »
Quote from: Andy on December 11, 2009, 11:31:43 AM
Quote from: Pre on December 11, 2009, 09:56:04 AM
My xbox died and my new place needs nice furniture so I'm going to get one of those
MW2 elite packages

Why, are you going to use the box it comes in as a chair?

No, I'm going to play xbox while my wife buys furniture.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #363 on: December 11, 2009, 01:58:49 PM »

You're so wise.

Really?  And you call yourself Mr. The Office? 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #364 on: December 12, 2009, 03:19:34 PM »
I had an absolutely great game last night.  HQ in Karachi Invasion.  I went 100-21-44.  It was amazing.  I missed on getting the nuke twice, both of which ended at 24 kill streaks, which is my current best.

The setup: Slieght of Hand Pro, Stopping Power Pro, Steady Aim Pro with the FMJ SCAR, using just the iron sights.  It was amazing.

Question: What killstreak layout do you think would be the best for getting up to 25?  I'm using Predator at 5, Pave Low at 9, and AC130 at 11.  Thoughts?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #365 on: December 12, 2009, 04:00:31 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 12, 2009, 03:19:34 PM
I had an absolutely great game last night.  HQ in Karachi.  I went 100-21-44.  It was amazing.  I missed on getting the nuke twice, both of which ended at 24 kill streaks, which is my current best.

The setup: Slieght of Hand Pro, Stopping Power Pro, Steady Aim Pro with the FMJ SCAR, using just the iron sights.  It was amazing.

Question: What killstreak layout do you think would be the best for getting up to 25?  I'm using Predator at 5, Pave Low at 9, and AC130 at 11.  Thoughts?

So far, the closest I've gotten to 25 was 22.. I had the Predator Missile, the AC130, and the Nuke. The match ended while I was at 22 so I couldn't get the nuke.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #366 on: December 14, 2009, 07:34:46 AM »
I had an absolutely great game last night.  HQ in Karachi Invasion.  I went 100-21-44.  It was amazing.  I missed on getting the nuke twice, both of which ended at 24 kill streaks, which is my current best.

The setup: Slieght of Hand Pro, Stopping Power Pro, Steady Aim Pro with the FMJ SCAR, using just the iron sights.  It was amazing.

Question: What killstreak layout do you think would be the best for getting up to 25?  I'm using Predator at 5, Pave Low at 9, and AC130 at 11.  Thoughts?

What is 100-21-44?  You got 21 assists?  44 deaths?  I was using the Predator, Harrier and AC130.  I switched to the Pavelow because the Harrier sometimes just sits there waiting to be shot at.

Yeti, I think I may have fixed my router problem.  I had this thing called UPnP enabled on my router, but it turns out I needed it to be disabled.  My NAT on MW2 is now at "Moderate."  There was a guy who I was having trouble connecting to before and now we got in no problem.  I'll be online this evening if you want to be a nerd with me.

By the way, I know it's completely within the rules of the game, but what is the fun in running around with Marathon, Lightweight, and Commando and wielding akimbo Rangers and sneaking up behind people all match, especially when your K/D for a round is 25-35?  Why is that fun?  Is it because he knows he's pissing me off by sneaking up behind me while I'm trying to get a kill streak going?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #367 on: December 14, 2009, 09:03:52 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 14, 2009, 07:34:46 AM
I had an absolutely great game last night.  HQ in Karachi Invasion.  I went 100-21-44.  It was amazing.  I missed on getting the nuke twice, both of which ended at 24 kill streaks, which is my current best.

The setup: Slieght of Hand Pro, Stopping Power Pro, Steady Aim Pro with the FMJ SCAR, using just the iron sights.  It was amazing.

Question: What killstreak layout do you think would be the best for getting up to 25?  I'm using Predator at 5, Pave Low at 9, and AC130 at 11.  Thoughts?

What is 100-21-44?  You got 21 assists?  44 deaths?  I was using the Predator, Harrier and AC130.  I switched to the Pavelow because the Harrier sometimes just sits there waiting to be shot at.

Yeti, I think I may have fixed my router problem.  I had this thing called UPnP enabled on my router, but it turns out I needed it to be disabled.  My NAT on MW2 is not at "Moderate."  There was a guy who I was having trouble connecting to before and now we got in no problem.  I'll be online this evening if you want to be a nerd with me.

By the way, I know it's completely within the rules of the game, but what is the fun in running around with Marathon, Lightweight, and Commando and wielding akimbo Rangers and sneaking up behind people all match, especially when your K/D for a round is 25-35?  Why is that fun?  Is it because he knows he's pissing me off by sneaking up behind me while I'm trying to get a kill streak going?

Good to hear.

As far as classes, I use that Marathon, Lightweight, Commando class on occasion. I mainly do it to master the classes, get the experience points. Until I reach the final prestige, I will mainly be doing things that help me advance ranks regardless of if I like the class: using danger close, getting kills with cold-blooded, etc. If I do a class without regard to leveling up, I'll do bling (or scavenger), stopping power, and steady aim. Really, the gun doesn't matter all that much, as long as it's an assault rifle. I guess the favorite so far is the M16.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #368 on: December 14, 2009, 09:25:24 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 14, 2009, 09:03:52 AM

Yeti, I think I may have fixed my router problem.  I had this thing called UPnP enabled on my router, but it turns out I needed it to be disabled.  My NAT on MW2 is not at "Moderate."  There was a guy who I was having trouble connecting to before and now we got in no problem.  I'll be online this evening if you want to be a nerd with me.

Good to hear.

As far as classes, I use that Marathon, Lightweight, Commando class on occasion. I mainly do it to master the classes, get the experience points. Until I reach the final prestige, I will mainly be doing things that help me advance ranks regardless of if I like the class: using danger close, getting kills with cold-blooded, etc. If I do a class without regard to leveling up, I'll do bling (or scavenger), stopping power, and steady aim. Really, the gun doesn't matter all that much, as long as it's an assault rifle. I guess the favorite so far is the M16.

I never use those classes.  Running around like that isn't fun to me.  It's not worth it.  I'm just the guy that shoots you in the head from across the map with an ACR all match.  I guess that's annoying, too.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #369 on: December 14, 2009, 09:45:17 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 14, 2009, 09:25:24 AM

Good to hear.

I never use those classes.  Running around like that isn't fun to me.  It's not worth it.  I'm just the guy that shoots you in the head from across the map with an ACR all match.  I guess that's annoying, too.

I hope you enjoy it when you get a knife in your back and it's from a little lumberjack with a pink callsign

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #370 on: December 14, 2009, 10:05:28 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 14, 2009, 09:45:17 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 14, 2009, 09:25:24 AM

Good to hear.

I hope you enjoy it when you get a knife in your back and it's from a little lumberjack with a pink callsign

It would annoy me if it ever happened.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #371 on: December 14, 2009, 01:00:18 PM »
I had an absolutely great game last night.  HQ in Karachi Invasion.  I went 100-21-44.  It was amazing.  I missed on getting the nuke twice, both of which ended at 24 kill streaks, which is my current best.

Yeti, I think I may have fixed my router problem.  I had this thing called UPnP enabled on my router, but it turns out I needed it to be disabled.  My NAT on MW2 is now at "Moderate."  There was a guy who I was having trouble connecting to before and now we got in no problem.  I'll be online this evening if you want to be a nerd with me.

100 kills, 21 assists, and 44 deaths.  It was a great game.  It came in the context of a great weekend too, because it reversed the decline in my KDR from the past week.  It's gone back up to 1.21.

I'm debating whether or not to go prestige on my primary name.  I really want to, but I don't want to lose my stuff all over again.  It does suck, because when I get all of these XPs, it does nothing for me.

Thoughts?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #372 on: December 14, 2009, 01:23:11 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 14, 2009, 01:00:18 PM

100 kills, 21 assists, and 44 deaths.  It was a great game.  It came in the context of a great weekend too, because it reversed the decline in my KDR from the past week.  It's gone back up to 1.21.

I'm debating whether or not to go prestige on my primary name.  I really want to, but I don't want to lose my stuff all over again.  It does suck, because when I get all of these XPs, it does nothing for me.

Thoughts?

I believe you get to keep your emblems and callsigns, and maybe even your killstreaks and deathstreaks, but double check me on that.  Other than that, the only real reason to prestige is to unlock another custom class slot and to hear the level up sound that I love so much.

100 kills is beast.  Invasion is a fun map.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #373 on: December 14, 2009, 01:32:56 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 14, 2009, 01:23:11 PM

Thoughts?

I believe you get to keep your emblems and callsigns, and maybe even your killstreaks and deathstreaks, but double check me on that.  Other than that, the only real reason to prestige is to unlock another custom class slot and to hear the level up sound that I love so much.

Callsigns and emblems stay. Killstreaks and deathstreaks don't. There's an added "Prestige" challenge, along with 2 additional challenges on each gun. It's worth it to do it once, personally. I know I'm going to prestige over and over until I can't anymore. Invasion is an amazing map. I have some of my best games there. Terminal and Scrapyard, as well.

Also, I just noticed something. You missed the nuke 2x but you had Predator, Pavelow, and AC130 selected? You have to have the nuke as your third and get rid of those.. Or did I read you wrong?

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #374 on: December 14, 2009, 01:50:16 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 14, 2009, 01:32:56 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 14, 2009, 01:23:11 PM

Thoughts?

Callsigns and emblems stay. Killstreaks and deathstreaks don't. There's an added "Prestige" challenge, along with 2 additional challenges on each gun. It's worth it to do it once, personally. I know I'm going to prestige over and over until I can't anymore. Invasion is an amazing map. I have some of my best games there. Terminal and Scrapyard, as well.

Also, I just noticed something. You missed the nuke 2x but you had Predator, Pavelow, and AC130 selected? You have to have the nuke as your third and get rid of those.. Or did I read you wrong?

You're right, as I noticed that later.  I guess its better that I missed the 25 in a row, since nothing would have happened anyway.  I've changed it since.

So prestiging just once is basically all you need in order to unlock those new challenges?