News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME  ( 81,551 )

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME
« Reply #420 on: January 01, 2010, 10:40:12 PM »
The M16 makes killing people a lot easier.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #421 on: January 02, 2010, 11:37:44 AM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on January 01, 2010, 06:40:13 PM
This is a major step back and my have already been addressed- I apologize.

My question is soimple- on a scale of 1-10, how necssary is playing the first version before taking on this one, from a single-player perspective? 

For me, 1. I will say that I don't give a shit about stories that much, but if you need to know, the first one involved a war with some Arab people after they killed someone of importance along with something with some Russians. There's a nuke or two that's exploded and then at the end you shoot a guy in the head. Game over. The second game's story is pretty nonsensical I hear

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #422 on: January 04, 2010, 07:33:37 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on January 01, 2010, 10:40:12 PM

THIS.  Do you use Sleight of Hand or Bling?  SoH is money for me.

And, to answer Ivy6's question, I'll refer him to Felix's response.  But if you must know, the two stories are related, but you don't really need to play the first to care about the second all that much because MW2's telling of the story is pretty crappy.  The dude you shoot in the face at the end of CoD4 has a protege named Makarov.  Makarov is now the villian in MW2.  If you just play campaign, you'll enjoy it.

By the way, Yeti...I prestiged.  Womp, womp, wooooooomp.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #423 on: January 04, 2010, 10:06:10 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on January 04, 2010, 07:33:37 AM

And, to answer Ivy6's question, I'll refer him to Felix's response.  But if you must know, the two stories are related, but you don't really need to play the first to care about the second all that much because MW2's telling of the story is pretty crappy.  The dude you shoot in the face at the end of CoD4 has a protege named Makarov.  Makarov is now the villian in MW2.  If you just play campaign, you'll enjoy it.

Nice.. I prestiged as well. Second time last night. I was railing asses after the Bears game. I think I called in 10-15 AC130/Chopper Gunners (2 in one match a couple times). I decided to nix the nuke and just set 5, 7 (Harrier) and 11. After #5, I find it's pretty easy to get 7 and 11. If you play it right, you can get the 7 on the Predator and 11 becomes easier with the Harrier flying around.

Also, I've switched to Headquarters. You seem to be able to get more kills that way. In multiple matches, I had 50+ kills.

As far as the blue perk (#1), I've fallen in love with Scavenger. Once you get the pro (extra mags), you never run out of ammo, even if you don't pick any more up. With the M16, you get 180 bullets.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #425 on: January 04, 2010, 06:10:43 PM »

I think I'm using Marathon, Stopping Power, and Commando. Sometimes I swap out Marathon for Bling when I want to have the grenade launcher.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #426 on: January 05, 2010, 08:08:25 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on January 04, 2010, 06:10:43 PM

I think I'm using Marathon, Stopping Power, and Commando. Sometimes I swap out Marathon for Bling when I want to have the grenade launcher.

The FAMAS is really good, too.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #427 on: January 05, 2010, 06:45:21 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on January 05, 2010, 08:08:25 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on January 04, 2010, 06:10:43 PM

The FAMAS is really good, too.

I couldn't kill shit with the FAMAS. I would get a lot of assists, but I'd constantly get shot in the face. I switched to the SCAR and that helped a bit. The M16 is a lot like Halo's BR which is what I'm used to.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #428 on: January 07, 2010, 08:53:20 AM »
Prestiging suks.  I miss my ACR and M16.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #429 on: January 07, 2010, 09:15:46 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on January 07, 2010, 08:53:20 AM

Haha. I haven't  played in a couple days. I hope to be getting on there on Sunday though.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #430 on: January 07, 2010, 12:08:20 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 07, 2010, 09:15:46 AM

Haha. I haven't  played in a couple days. I hope to be getting on there on Sunday though.

I miss my IrishYeti85, too.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #431 on: January 07, 2010, 01:40:05 PM »

I did it once and now am at Level 70 on Prestige 1.  I'd put the odds of doing it again at like 40%.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #432 on: January 07, 2010, 04:17:03 PM »
What is prestige, anyway? I hear a lot about what you get, but never how you get it. Do you just need to finish all challenges on a weapon?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #433 on: January 07, 2010, 04:36:07 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on January 07, 2010, 04:17:03 PM
What is prestige, anyway? I hear a lot about what you get, but never how you get it. Do you just need to finish all challenges on a weapon?

Prestige means that you get to level 70 and you have the option of going back down to level 1 and starting it all over again. Some things carry over. Weapons and attachments don't... However, there are special weapon challenges for prestiging.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #434 on: January 07, 2010, 05:18:52 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 07, 2010, 04:36:07 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on January 07, 2010, 04:17:03 PM

Prestige means that you get to level 70 and you have the option of going back down to level 1 and starting it all over again. Some things carry over. Weapons and attachments don't... However, there are special weapon challenges for prestiging.

You get a new emblem next to your name so that others playing the game will tremble at the sight of your presence in a pre-game lobby, in addition to new emblems, new titles and new challenges.

You get all of this for the low low price of everything that you've worked to obtain.

Yeah, it's worthless, but it does add to the replay factor of the game.  But it's COD, so that wasn't really an issue anyway.