News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME  ( 81,553 )

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME
« Reply #435 on: January 09, 2010, 02:55:09 AM »
DPD, but after 15000 kills and 11000 deaths, I finally got my first nuke in this game.  It was wonderful.  Followed it up with another game and another nuke.  Followed by another game and another nuke.

The setup:

UMP45 silenced
PP2000 silenced
Semtex/2x Stunhh
Scavenger Pro
Hardline Pro
Steady Aim Pro

The killstreaks were Harrier at 7, Chopper Gunner at 11, and Nuke at 25, all of which were reduced by one because of Hardline.

No camping either; I stuck with my run and gun approach, which the silencer was perfect for.

This game is awesome.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #436 on: January 12, 2010, 07:48:27 AM »
I got waxed pretty frequently last night.  My highest K/D was 2.11.  I'm now down to 2.06 (not all in one night).  Awesome.

CD, were you not able to join up with myself and Yeti after that 3rd Person game on High Rise?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #437 on: January 12, 2010, 05:32:17 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on January 12, 2010, 07:48:27 AM
I got waxed pretty frequently last night.  My highest K/D was 2.11.  I'm now down to 2.06 (not all in one night).  Awesome.

CD, were you not able to join up with myself and Yeti after that 3rd Person game on High Rise?

My TV had been giving me some problems with turning itself off/on. I figured it was due to the old wiring in our building as well as my jury-rigged power cable (three extension cords and a surge protector). It kept getting worse last night, although I could still play for the most part. But right as we went to change lobbies, it turned off and started flashing two lights on the front. A little research online and it appears it's caused by dust building up on the high voltage input. The dust draws away current and causes the protection circuit to trip. So, I need to grab some compressed air and pull my TV apart before I'll be able to play.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #438 on: January 15, 2010, 07:33:59 AM »
So, I've been very mediocre over the past week.  My K/D went down from 2.11 to 2.04.

Maybe it's because I've been playing 3rd Person games.  It's a little harder to get crazy kill counts because there's only six players per team, max.  But, it's actually pretty fun if you can get in a lobby where people don't always run around with shotties.  The 3rd Person games take the functionality of things like heartbeat sensors and sights for your guns.  The only thing is that if you have an ACOG scope, you zoom in just a tad bit more on your target than you would without it.  (You don't look through the scope like in first person, but you just zoom in over your player's shoulder.)  You get a broader view of the maps and what's going on around you.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #439 on: January 26, 2010, 10:55:18 AM »
I'm looking at IAN on this one, but does anyone know how to best use the AC130?  Currently, my 11 Killstreak is the chopper gunner, but it is shot down very easily.  I know the AC130 can withstand some assault before it's taken down, but my major problem is how to control it.

Any tips?

Nuke count at 6 now, btw.  That's fun to do.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #440 on: January 27, 2010, 08:01:13 AM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on January 26, 2010, 10:55:18 AM
I'm looking at IAN on this one, but does anyone know how to best use the AC130?  Currently, my 11 Killstreak is the chopper gunner, but it is shot down very easily.  I know the AC130 can withstand some assault before it's taken down, but my major problem is how to control it.

Any tips?

Nuke count at 6 now, btw.  That's fun to do.

I haven't gotten a single nuke.  I have had killstreaks over 25, but I never equip it.  I might do it one of these days.

Anyway, I alternate between the AC130 and Chopper Gunner.  I find I use the Chopper Gunner more because it's a constant wall of artillery.  Usually for me, I get enough kills with the gunner and then the chopper hovers over the opponents' spawn and they have no chance.

But, if you're dead set on using the AC130, just know this about it.  It circles the map--meaning, it doesn't go to the middle, then dart to the outside to another location like the chopper gunner.  The big round on the AC130 should be used on spawn points and the smaller guns on individuals.  Lead your targets, don't shoot straight at the red square.  I usually quickly alternate between the big gun, middle gun and small gun.  The reload times are pretty much eliminated when you move from gun to gun.  AC130's are just as easy to shoot out of the sky than the chopper gunner.

That probably didn't help you at all, but to be honest I prefer the Chopper Gunner over the AC130.  The AC130 just seems like it's more fun.  Chopper Gunner rounds can also pierce walls; AC130's cannot (from my experience, at least).

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #441 on: February 10, 2010, 02:24:13 PM »
Last couple times we've played, I recalled IAN bitch about a care package glitch. I was curious as to what it was since I hadn't seen anyone using the Marathon/Lightweight/Care Package glitch.. I just noticed it. Apparently there is a way to get infinite care packages. It's especially deadly if you manage to get the Emergency Airdrop. Although they're not perfect, I have two ways to combat it. First, have a Marathon/Lightweight class and flank the guy doing it, kill him and steal his care package. The other way I deal with it is use my cold-blooded class which has a stinger on it along with Scavenger. Shoot everything he calls out of the sky. And, try to flank while doing this. I've stolen probably 15-20 of those packages the last couple of days.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #442 on: February 12, 2010, 07:41:27 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 10, 2010, 02:24:13 PM
Last couple times we've played, I recalled IAN bitch about a care package glitch. I was curious as to what it was since I hadn't seen anyone using the Marathon/Lightweight/Care Package glitch.. I just noticed it. Apparently there is a way to get infinite care packages. It's especially deadly if you manage to get the Emergency Airdrop. Although they're not perfect, I have two ways to combat it. First, have a Marathon/Lightweight class and flank the guy doing it, kill him and steal his care package. The other way I deal with it is use my cold-blooded class which has a stinger on it along with Scavenger. Shoot everything he calls out of the sky. And, try to flank while doing this. I've stolen probably 15-20 of those packages the last couple of days.

I'm not playing this again until it's patched.  In fact, Infinity Ward recalled it's 360 patch because they found a way to correct the glitching deeper within their code.  I don't know what that means, but all I know is that they had a patch send to Microsoft last Friday, then took it back because they needed to go deeper into their code for the fix.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #443 on: February 12, 2010, 10:25:43 AM »
This game is so buggy and retarded. I can't wait to sell it.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #444 on: February 12, 2010, 10:38:00 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on February 12, 2010, 10:25:43 AM

I haven't played it since the end of November.  I should probably do this.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #445 on: February 12, 2010, 12:24:23 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on February 12, 2010, 10:38:00 AM

HOT OFF THE PRESS!  There's an update today for 360.  Just found out.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #446 on: February 12, 2010, 12:28:43 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on February 12, 2010, 12:24:23 PM

Nice. I got frustrated with the glitch but it converted me to doing Scavenger/Cold-Blooded/Ninja with a silenced FAL. That shit is deadlier than hell. Since Sunday, I've gotten 500+ kills with it. It's good stuff, plus with the stinger, you can shoot most of their shit out of the sky.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #447 on: February 12, 2010, 12:29:24 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 12, 2010, 12:28:43 PM

Nice. I got frustrated with the glitch but it converted me to doing Scavenger/Cold-Blooded/Ninja with a silenced FAL. That shit is deadlier than hell. Since Sunday, I've gotten 500+ kills with it. It's good stuff, plus with the stinger, you can shoot most of their shit out of the sky.

The game is probably broken when you have to use one specific loadout to actually be successful.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #448 on: February 12, 2010, 12:33:37 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on February 12, 2010, 12:29:24 PM
Quote from: Yeti on February 12, 2010, 12:28:43 PM

The game is probably broken when you have to use one specific loadout to actually be successful.

Well, I was pretty successful with my regular Assault Rifle/Stopping Power class, but I enjoy discovering the potential for the FAL. I'm going to get all MB-love-esque with this and say I love this game still. It's outstanding.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #449 on: February 12, 2010, 12:45:48 PM »
I liked the FAL on 3PTT.  I really can't use it in first person view unless it's hardcore.  I like putting a silencer on the ACR.  It's kind of deadly.  No one has any idea where they're getting shot from.