News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2012-13 Chicago Blackhawks/NHL/Stink Bowman should be FYERRED Thread  ( 36,850 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2012-13 Chicago Blackhawks/NHL/Stink Bowman should be FYERRED Thread
« Reply #255 on: June 28, 2013, 05:47:19 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 27, 2013, 02:34:57 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 27, 2013, 02:21:43 PM
So, who's going to the parade/boner rally?

I went to the last one in the ungodly heat and then eventually met up with Oleg and Jon, as I recall.  But I won't be able to make it this time.

Enjoy it though.  It'd be nice to see mass amounts of people in the streets and it not be a zombie movie.

BH, the stranger on whom I tried pawning off my daughter, my daughter, and me all resent our respective omissions.

Jerk.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: June 28, 2013, 10:19:26 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 28, 2013, 05:47:19 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 27, 2013, 02:34:57 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 27, 2013, 02:21:43 PM
So, who's going to the parade/boner rally?

I went to the last one in the ungodly heat and then eventually met up with Oleg and Jon, as I recall.  But I won't be able to make it this time.

Enjoy it though.  It'd be nice to see mass amounts of people in the streets and it not be a zombie movie.

BH, the stranger on whom I tried pawning off my daughter, my daughter, and me all resent our respective omissions.

Jerk.

I ONLY HAVE SO MUCH RAM IN MY HEAD, OPTOAT!!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: June 29, 2013, 08:51:22 AM »
Sometimes it's like Rocky sits down and says "what would my old man have done in this case?".

And then he does the exact opposite.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: June 30, 2013, 09:16:29 PM »
So... $4MM cap hit for Bickell?

Seems slightly on the high-ish side, no?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: June 30, 2013, 09:45:38 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 30, 2013, 09:16:29 PM

He would of gotten five in a week.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: June 30, 2013, 09:59:32 PM »
Quote from: Fork on June 30, 2013, 09:45:38 PM

He would of gotten five in a week.

Just because Jay Feastink is going to jump off a bridge...

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: July 01, 2013, 12:54:10 PM »

Sort of but the way I see it they don't have a Bickell-esque guy to do what he does. Hayes isn't it. Plus 4mm isn't going to look so bad when the cap flies north of 70.

The hope is a) people don't demand his removal from the roster when he doesn't score at the same rate he did in the playoffs (because he won't) and b) well, that he's even worse than that.

Probably time for a new thread, yeah?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: July 03, 2013, 08:26:02 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 01, 2013, 12:54:10 PM

Sort of but the way I see it they don't have a Bickell-esque guy to do what he does. Hayes isn't it. Plus 4mm isn't going to look so bad when the cap flies north of 70.

I already have a Morinboner warming.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: August 26, 2013, 11:14:41 AM »
Last week the Blackhawks signed Teuvo Teravainen to an entry-level contract. This is very good for three reasons:

First, since he's still under 20, the Hawks can use a "slide year" - He can play up to 9 NHL games and get sent back to Finland's SM-Liga (their top league) and the Hawks get another year tacked onto the back end of the deal. A three-year deal becomes a four-year one.

Secondly, Teravainen's team, Jokerit, is leaving SM-Liga after the 2013-14 season for the KHL. Getting him signed now ensures no bidding war this time next year.

Thirdly, this kid's skill set is fucking insane. His puck skills, vision and creativity are similar to Patrick Kane at the same age. The reason he's still in Finland (and the reason he fell to the Hawks in the 2012 draft) is that he's 5'11, and around 165. Until he gets into the Hawks' workout regimen, he'll get knocked into next week. Especially since he doesn't shy away from high traffic areas.

But bonertime? Fuck yeah, bonertime.
TIME TO POST!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: August 26, 2013, 11:58:32 AM »
Quote from: Fork on August 26, 2013, 11:14:41 AM
Last week the Blackhawks signed Teuvo Teravainen to an entry-level contract. This is very good for three reasons:

First, since he's still under 20, the Hawks can use a "slide year" - He can play up to 9 NHL games and get sent back to Finland's SM-Liga (their top league) and the Hawks get another year tacked onto the back end of the deal. A three-year deal becomes a four-year one.

Secondly, Teravainen's team, Jokerit, is leaving SM-Liga after the 2013-14 season for the KHL. Getting him signed now ensures no bidding war this time next year.

Thirdly, this kid's skill set is fucking insane. His puck skills, vision and creativity are similar to Patrick Kane at the same age. The reason he's still in Finland (and the reason he fell to the Hawks in the 2012 draft) is that he's 5'11, and around 165. Until he gets into the Hawks' workout regimen, he'll get knocked into next week. Especially since he doesn't shy away from high traffic areas.

But bonertime? Fuck yeah, bonertime.

Bah! 5-foot-something/165 with Patrick Kane's skill set will never make it in the NHL.