News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,342 )

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2009, 10:03:15 PM »
Ron was at or near all-time awful levels today. Lots of double plays, a diving catch of a line drive by Martin Prado with a man on, etc. "HOW MANY TIMES CAN THIS HAPPEN??!?!?!??"

He fucking sucks at his job worse than Phil Rogers does at his.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2009, 10:05:38 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on July 08, 2009, 10:03:15 PM
Ron was at or near all-time awful levels today. Lots of double plays, a diving catch of a line drive by Martin Prado with a man on, etc. "HOW MANY TIMES CAN THIS HAPPEN??!?!?!??"

He fucking sucks at his job worse than Phil Rogers does at his.

Meh. Phil Rogers never charged a bunt, barehanded it an hosed a dude by 10 feet whilst sporting lambchops and high socks. If I could do that just once in my entire life, I'd be most insufferable bag of asswind any of you have ever encountered. Lucky for you I've never done that. 
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2009, 10:10:46 PM »
As a listener of today's broadcast, I agree with Shooter and not with Internet Apex. Santo doesn't have to die, but I sure as hell wish he'd just go the fuck away.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2009, 10:29:16 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on July 08, 2009, 10:10:46 PM
As a listener of today's broadcast, I agree with Shooter and not with Internet Apex. Santo doesn't have to die, but I sure as hell wish he'd just go the fuck away.

So tell me you heard the part about the trivia question that was written and asked correctly only have both Pat and Ron assume the guy meant 1,000 hits instead of 100?

The question was: what two active players had 100 hits in the 80's and at least 100 hits in this current decade. Cool question right?

Pat and Ron both immediately assumed he meant 1,000. Which makes NO sense unless these players were cryogenically frozen for a good portion of the 90's.

The answer was Sheffield and Griffey Jr.

Pat and Ron then told the asker of the question that he made no sense and got the question all wrong.

My mind was utterly destroyed.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2009, 10:41:30 PM »
Quote from: Slak on July 08, 2009, 10:29:16 PM

So tell me you heard the part about the trivia question that was written and asked correctly only have both Pat and Ron assume the guy meant 1,000 hits instead of 100?

The question was: what two active players had 100 hits in the 80's and at least 100 hits in this current decade. Cool question right?

Pat and Ron both immediately assumed he meant 1,000. Which makes NO sense unless these players were cryogenically frozen for a good portion of the 90's.

Pat and Ron then told the asker of the question that he made no sense and got the question all wrong.

I heard that on the way home.  I was LingOL.  I thought the best part was when Ron gave the clue of "both have 3,000 hits and have hit 500 home runs".  When he says "Gary Sheffield" was one of them, Pat says right away "he doesn't have 3,000 hits" and then Ron said "does he even have 500 home runs". 

I'd rather have listened to BC give Bocaj advice on anything life has to offer.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2009, 11:09:28 PM »
I heard that too. It was still better than anything Phil Rogers has ever done in his life. Period.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2009, 05:43:33 AM »
Look, each team in this town has an addled old ballplayer in the booth. At least with Santo, he lives and dies with the Cubs. If he got fired tomorrow, he'd just go home to die.

If Hawk got fired tomorrow, he'd take that idiotic schtick of his to whoever would hire him, like he did with the Yankees before.

It could always be worse...Hughes has a great voice and cadence to his play-by-play. We could always get stuck with some retard busy working on catchphrases so he could put together an audition CD for talk radio stations and ESPN.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2009, 06:53:07 AM »
Quote from: Fork on July 09, 2009, 05:43:33 AMIf he got fired tomorrow, he'd just go home to die.

Works for me.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2009, 07:17:11 AM »
Some of you act like you don't have a father. If you say you hope Santo dies, well I hope your father dies. Right in front of you and unexpectedly. For those of you whose fathers have already passed, I'm really sorry. I'm totally cool with him reducing his game schedule to about 6 innings a week and some pre and post game gurgling. But Jesus H. Christ, you guys could chill a little.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2009, 07:48:29 AM »
Quote from: Slak on July 08, 2009, 10:29:16 PM

I'm sure the question was 100 in the 80s and 1000 in the aughts.

If it was 100 and 100, I know of a few:

Mark Grace
Rafael Palmeiro
Tony Gwynn
Shawon Dunston
Will Clark
Jose Canseco
Rickey Henderson (also with 100 hits in the 70s)
Julio Franco

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2009, 08:18:27 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 09, 2009, 07:17:11 AM
Some of you act like you don't have a father. If you say you hope Santo dies, well I hope your father dies. Right in front of you and unexpectedly. For those of you whose fathers have already passed, I'm really sorry. I'm totally cool with him reducing his game schedule to about 6 innings a week and some pre and post game gurgling. But Jesus H. Christ, you guys could chill a little.

....Are you saying that Ron Santo is your father? Did you make This Old Cub?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2009, 08:43:22 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 09, 2009, 08:18:27 AM

No, but I watched it with my father, who has diabetes and often says things so ridiculous that I have to take my hat off and mutter not nice things into it. At some point, if we're lucky, we'll all have a few years on us and we'll act in ways that will annoy younger generations of ourselves. I'm sure they'll hope we die as soon as possible so they can continue their awesomeness in solemn silence. I don't know where I'm going with this. I just know a few people who have died recently and wish they hadn't. If Ron goes, I won't take it well.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2009, 08:47:54 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 09, 2009, 08:43:22 AM
Quote from: SKO on July 09, 2009, 08:18:27 AM

No, but I watched it with my father, who has diabetes and often says things so ridiculous that I have to take my hat off and mutter not nice things into it. At some point, if we're lucky, we'll all have a few years on us and we'll act in ways that will annoy younger generations of ourselves. I'm sure they'll hope we die as soon as possible so they can continue their awesomeness in solemn silence. I don't know where I'm going with this. I just know a few people who have died recently and wish they hadn't. If Ron goes, I won't take it well.

Cripes.  Thanks Dr. Phil.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2009, 08:52:08 AM »

He touched a lot of people.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2009, 08:57:40 AM »
Apex your timing is incredible. One year anniversary today.
It's a strange feeling day.

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen