News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,344 )

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2009, 04:38:32 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on July 11, 2009, 03:17:48 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 11, 2009, 02:08:07 PM
Quote from: CT III on July 11, 2009, 01:56:08 PM
Quote from: MAD on July 11, 2009, 11:13:13 AM
Quote from: Oleg on July 11, 2009, 10:59:05 AM
Quote from: MAD on July 11, 2009, 10:51:57 AM
Quote from: Oleg on July 11, 2009, 10:44:16 AM
Anyone get a chance to hear Moreland on TV?  Not bad.  Not bad at all.

I believe Zonk does UT Longhorn football games.

I was wondering what it could be.  He sounded polished.  He'll be doing the early Sunday game, too.

Where's Borb?  Measuring the dimensions in Lou's office in the event that the Cubs get swept this weekend?

Off watching his kid play or something.

What a fag.

I hope he dies.
He touched so many people.
Oleg is short.

Mike Fontenot doesn't understand what you're trying to say.

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2009, 05:23:01 PM »
Speaking of "totally unlistenable" and wishing death upon people, Joe Buck needs to be pushed off the roof at Wrigley. 

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2009, 12:31:17 AM »
Quote from: fiveouts on July 11, 2009, 05:23:01 PM
Speaking of "totally unlistenable" and wishing death upon people, Joe Buck needs to be pushed off the roof at Wrigley. 

I'm black.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Lukester

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2009, 11:12:18 AM »

More to the point,  what is the reasoning behind letting these assholes on the air to begin with.    Why do people like Joe Buck,  Thom,  and Carey the lesser get to be announcers simply because their fathers were?     Its like someone believes that there is an announcer gene,  and it somehow runs in the family?

And what kind of asshole television station interrupts the games action to listen to the blathering of Larry King go on and on about a music CD that McCarver has cut?    Then they force us to listen to it going into commercial?   

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2009, 11:21:56 AM »
Quote from: Lukester on July 12, 2009, 11:12:18 AM

More to the point,  what is the reasoning behind letting these assholes on the air to begin with.    Why do people like Joe Buck,  Thom,  and Carey the lesser get to be announcers simply because their fathers were?     Its like someone believes that there is an announcer gene,  and it somehow runs in the family?

And what kind of asshole television station interrupts the games action to listen to the blathering of Larry King go on and on about a music CD that McCarver has cut?    Then they force us to listen to it going into commercial?   

I did not see/hear that yesterday and I'm glad because I can't afford a new tv right now.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2009, 11:58:15 AM »

This raises a good point. What test audiences are telling FOX that Buck and McCarver are enjoyable to listen to? I can't even imagine Cardinal fans like Joe Buck and McCarver, do they?

OR

Would we, being cynical pricks just hate any national announcer? I mean it's a guarantee that at some point that announcer would say something that would really get on our nerves.

Chicken? Egg? Meh.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2009, 12:40:47 PM »
Quote from: Slak on July 12, 2009, 11:58:15 AM

More to the point,  what is the reasoning behind letting these assholes on the air to begin with.    Why do people like Joe Buck,  Thom,  and Carey the lesser get to be announcers simply because their fathers were?     Its like someone believes that there is an announcer gene,  and it somehow runs in the family?

And what kind of asshole television station interrupts the games action to listen to the blathering of Larry King go on and on about a music CD that McCarver has cut?    Then they force us to listen to it going into commercial?  

This raises a good point. What test audiences are telling FOX that Buck and McCarver are enjoyable to listen to? I can't even imagine Cardinal fans like Joe Buck and McCarver, do they?

OR

Would we, being cynical pricks just hate any national announcer? I mean it's a guarantee that at some point that announcer would say something that would really get on our nerves.

Chicken? Egg? Meh.

I really don't hate Al Michaels. Or Marv Albert. Greg Gumbel's ok. I like Gus Johnson. And clips of women showering together.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2009, 12:50:36 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 12, 2009, 12:40:47 PM

More to the point,  what is the reasoning behind letting these assholes on the air to begin with.    Why do people like Joe Buck,  Thom,  and Carey the lesser get to be announcers simply because their fathers were?     Its like someone believes that there is an announcer gene,  and it somehow runs in the family?

And what kind of asshole television station interrupts the games action to listen to the blathering of Larry King go on and on about a music CD that McCarver has cut?    Then they force us to listen to it going into commercial?  

OR

Chicken? Egg? Meh.

I really don't hate Al Michaels. Or Marv Albert. Greg Gumbel's ok. I like Gus Johnson. And clips of women showering together.

I'll agree with you on all of those points, actually. So it's clear. FOX wants us to be miserable.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2009, 12:51:30 PM »
Put me in the microscopic minority around here of people who like Joe Buck.  I do understand some of the criticism of him, but in general, he's better than 90% of the alternatives.

I have no defense for McCarver.

You know who has grown on me despite having dug a big hole for himself based on his initial work on SportsCenter?  Steve Phillips.  He and Dave O'Brien make a pretty damn solid national broadcast, IMO.

Moreland, BTW...not a bad effort today considering his experience.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2009, 12:56:03 PM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on July 12, 2009, 12:51:30 PM
Put me in the microscopic minority around here of people who like Joe Buck.  I do understand some of the criticism of him, but in general, he's better than 90% of the alternatives.

You know who has grown on me despite having dug a big hole for himself based on his initial work on SportsCenter?  Steve Phillips.  He and Dave O'Brien make a pretty damn solid national broadcast, IMO.

God, what a Colts fan you are.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2009, 01:01:07 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 12, 2009, 12:56:03 PM
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on July 12, 2009, 12:51:30 PM

God, what a Colts fan you are.

And God, what a Bears fan you are.

Enjoy that defense this upcoming season.  Every Sunday for you, will be like watching a shitty Hawaii/Boise State game...except without any wide receivers that can actually catch the ball.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2009, 01:07:35 PM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on July 12, 2009, 01:01:07 PM
Enjoy that defense this upcoming season.  Every Sunday for you, will be like watching a shitty Hawaii/Boise State game...except without any wide receivers that can actually catch the ball.

Boring.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2009, 01:11:09 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 12, 2009, 01:07:35 PM

Boring.

Any better?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2009, 01:16:29 PM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on July 12, 2009, 01:11:09 PM
Quote from: Eli on July 12, 2009, 01:07:35 PM

Boring.

Any better?

Not really.  That just looks like a random picture of Reggie Wayne.

Here's a random photo of Megan Fox. 

I win.

Lukester

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2009, 01:20:48 PM »
Quote from: Slak on July 12, 2009, 12:50:36 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 12, 2009, 12:40:47 PM

OR

Chicken? Egg? Meh.

I'll agree with you on all of those points, actually. So it's clear. FOX wants us to be miserable.

On a national level,   I don't hate everyone....  But they are few and far between.    I like Jon Miller,  but its tough to disseminate because he works with hacks on ESPN.   He's good with Krukow when he does Giants broadcasts.   O'brien is good.    Matt Vasgersian is steak balls.   Costas is great. 
Liking Joe Buck is equivalent to preferring tranny sex to homo sex.    Both are horrible because you end up taking one in the pooper,  but at least when the tranny fucks you doggy style you can feel boobies on your back.