News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,381 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #165 on: July 17, 2009, 02:49:08 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 17, 2009, 02:45:51 PM
Quote from: Indolent Reader on July 17, 2009, 01:11:32 PM
Quote from: PiniellaTailOnTheDonkey on July 17, 2009, 12:43:04 PM
Speaking of totally unlistenable, did anyone else notice how factually terrible Buck was during the ASG?  During the first inning, a single to center was "a single to right".  And he called an 82 mph Lincecum change his "fastball".  He was especially terrible during that game.  Must have been too busy watching the Bachelor to prepare.

He also misjudged more than one fly ball as a potential homerun (raising his voice, etc....).

I think you're right - he was simply devastated that the Canadian chick kept the guy who looks like Greg Brady. (My wife watches it, ok?)  OK?!

I don't have a clue what the last part meant. But the fact that Buck made that many factual errors during the broadcast kind of flies in the face of all the retarded, "He's competent, he's better than Chip Caray, at least he knows the game..." cocksmoke I hear once in awhile in his defense. So fuck anybody who ever said anything nice about him and his ass-chin. I want to punch his throat with a penny nail stuck betwixt my ring and middle fingers. I want this more than a million dollars or world peace. I'd just squander those things. But that punch, I'd make that one count.

As long as he doesn't die, right?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: July 17, 2009, 03:16:04 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 17, 2009, 02:49:08 PM
Speaking of totally unlistenable, did anyone else notice how factually terrible Buck was during the ASG?  During the first inning, a single to center was "a single to right".  And he called an 82 mph Lincecum change his "fastball".  He was especially terrible during that game.  Must have been too busy watching the Bachelor to prepare.

He also misjudged more than one fly ball as a potential homerun (raising his voice, etc....).

I think you're right - he was simply devastated that the Canadian chick kept the guy who looks like Greg Brady. (My wife watches it, ok?)  OK?!

I don't have a clue what the last part meant. But the fact that Buck made that many factual errors during the broadcast kind of flies in the face of all the retarded, "He's competent, he's better than Chip Caray, at least he knows the game..." cocksmoke I hear once in awhile in his defense. So fuck anybody who ever said anything nice about him and his ass-chin. I want to punch his throat with a penny nail stuck betwixt my ring and middle fingers. I want this more than a million dollars or world peace. I'd just squander those things. But that punch, I'd make that one count.

As long as he doesn't die, right?

Right. I want him to suffer in silence.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2009, 03:49:32 PM »

Those improv classes are really paying off.
Hire Jim Essian!

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2009, 07:15:26 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on July 19, 2009, 03:49:32 PM

Those improv classes are really paying off.

At some point they might. But I've been thinking about punching Joe Buck for a long, long while.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: July 19, 2009, 07:36:17 PM »
This current Santo-less spell has been nice.  Moreland has been a pleasure to listen too.

I don't think he's fantastic, but in limited exposure he's been a wonderful fresh voice.
It's nice to have someone able to let Pat work and actually be a plus with color
commentary.  While we're going to be stuck with Santo for a while, maybe they can
convince him not to travel with the team or something.

Also, the fucking Santo interview format commercials WGN radio is running about how
he's such the uber-fan make me so sad.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: July 27, 2009, 08:42:24 PM »
Garrrrrrrrrry Meier manages to be totally unfunny and unlistenable in 10 second promos for his WGN show. Good work.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: July 27, 2009, 10:53:48 PM »
I wasn't paying full attention, but did Pat pull Judd off the mic in that inning once something important actually happened?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #172 on: July 27, 2009, 11:00:04 PM »
Don't know.

But Houston TV didn't even bother following the ball Soriano hit to end the game.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: July 27, 2009, 11:45:07 PM »
Quote from: Pre on July 19, 2009, 07:36:17 PM
This current Santo-less spell has been nice.  Moreland has been a pleasure to listen too.

I don't think he's fantastic, but in limited exposure he's been a wonderful fresh voice.
It's nice to have someone able to let Pat work and actually be a plus with color
commentary.  While we're going to be stuck with Santo for a while, maybe they can

Also, the fucking Santo interview format commercials WGN radio is running about how

Is there any chance that Ricketts agrees to dump Santo (possibly at the advice of WGN), and they go get Grace to come back and do radio?  Grace's contract is up after 2010.  The buyout can't be that bad for the final season.

In the spirit of Steve Stone, I think we should start said rumor.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: July 27, 2009, 11:46:35 PM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on July 27, 2009, 11:45:07 PM

Is there any chance that Ricketts agrees to dump Santo (possibly at the advice of WGN), and they go get Grace to come back and do radio?  Grace's contract is up after 2010.  The buyout can't be that bad for the final season.

Grace?  Really?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: July 27, 2009, 11:56:32 PM »
Quote from: PiniellaTailOnTheDonkey on July 27, 2009, 11:46:35 PM

Grace?  Really?

Yea.  I mean I know I am posting on a message board where the only good broadcasters ever born are Len, Bob, Pat, and Vin Scully....but...

I think he'd be a good compromise in the sense that he's better than Santo (then again, who isn't?), and he still satisfies those that want a popular Cub in that spot.  Getting rid of Santo could be the toughest PR thing this team has dealt with since...well, they let Grace walk away. 

Otto and Moreland seem like nice enough guys, and aren't the worst ideas (unless you have other candidates in mind)...but I think Grace's somewhat goofy nature might work a bit better with Hughes.   

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #176 on: July 28, 2009, 12:05:02 AM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on July 27, 2009, 11:56:32 PM
Quote from: PiniellaTailOnTheDonkey on July 27, 2009, 11:46:35 PM

Grace?  Really?

Yea.  I mean I know I am posting on a message board where the only good broadcasters ever born are Len, Bob, Pat, and Vin Scully....but...

I think he'd be a good compromise in the sense that he's better than Santo (then again, who isn't?), and he still satisfies those that want a popular Cub in that spot.  Getting rid of Santo could be the toughest PR thing this team has dealt with since...well, they let Grace walk away. 

Otto and Moreland seem like nice enough guys, and aren't the worst ideas (unless you have other candidates in mind)...but I think Grace's somewhat goofy nature might work a bit better with Hughes.   

Moreland would be great but he's not leaving Austin.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: July 28, 2009, 07:45:48 AM »
Maybe they can buy Joe Buck out of his deal, hire him and shift Len over to the radio side. That'd be sweet.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: July 28, 2009, 08:15:15 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 28, 2009, 07:45:48 AM
Maybe they can buy Joe Buck out of his deal, hire him and shift Len over to the radio side. That'd be sweet.

Maybe Joe Buck can die. That'd be sweet.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: July 28, 2009, 09:37:44 AM »
Quote from: Fork on July 28, 2009, 08:15:15 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 28, 2009, 07:45:48 AM

Maybe Joe Buck can die in a fire after being raped by a Bengal Tiger on a pile of broken glass. That'd be sweet.

Punishment fitting the crime'd.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche