News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,310 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #180 on: July 28, 2009, 09:43:16 AM »
Quote from: Jon on July 28, 2009, 09:37:44 AM
Quote from: Fork on July 28, 2009, 08:15:15 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 28, 2009, 07:45:48 AM
Maybe they can buy Joe Buck out of his deal, hire him and shift Len over to the radio side. That'd be sweet.

Maybe Joe Buck can die in a fire after being raped by a Bengal Tiger on a pile of broken glass. That'd be sweet.

Punishment fitting the crime'd.

I'd actually feel sorry for the tiger.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #181 on: July 28, 2009, 09:46:42 AM »
Quote from: Fork on July 28, 2009, 09:43:16 AM
Quote from: Jon on July 28, 2009, 09:37:44 AM
Quote from: Fork on July 28, 2009, 08:15:15 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 28, 2009, 07:45:48 AM
Maybe they can buy Joe Buck out of his deal, hire him and shift Len over to the radio side. That'd be sweet.

Maybe Joe Buck can die in a fire after being raped by a Bengal Tiger on a pile of broken glass. That'd be sweet.

Punishment fitting the crime'd.

I'd actually feel sorry for the tiger.

Don't be. The Tiger is an Astros fan.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: July 28, 2009, 10:20:34 AM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on July 28, 2009, 12:05:02 AM
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on July 27, 2009, 11:56:32 PM
Quote from: PiniellaTailOnTheDonkey on July 27, 2009, 11:46:35 PM
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on July 27, 2009, 11:45:07 PM
Quote from: Pre on July 19, 2009, 07:36:17 PM
This current Santo-less spell has been nice.  Moreland has been a pleasure to listen too.

I don't think he's fantastic, but in limited exposure he's been a wonderful fresh voice.
It's nice to have someone able to let Pat work and actually be a plus with color
commentary.  While we're going to be stuck with Santo for a while, maybe they can
convince him not to travel with the team or something.

Also, the fucking Santo interview format commercials WGN radio is running about how
he's such the uber-fan make me so sad.

Is there any chance that Ricketts agrees to dump Santo (possibly at the advice of WGN), and they go get Grace to come back and do radio?  Grace's contract is up after 2010.  The buyout can't be that bad for the final season.

In the spirit of Steve Stone, I think we should start said rumor.

Grace?  Really?

Yea.  I mean I know I am posting on a message board where the only good broadcasters ever born are Len, Bob, Pat, and Vin Scully....but...

I think he'd be a good compromise in the sense that he's better than Santo (then again, who isn't?), and he still satisfies those that want a popular Cub in that spot.  Getting rid of Santo could be the toughest PR thing this team has dealt with since...well, they let Grace walk away. 

Otto and Moreland seem like nice enough guys, and aren't the worst ideas (unless you have other candidates in mind)...but I think Grace's somewhat goofy nature might work a bit better with Hughes.   

Moreland would be great but he's not leaving Austin.

You seriously think he wouldn't leave an NCAA broadcasting gig for the MLB?  I know people in Texas have a retardedly warped sense of how cool Texas is, but come on.
Hire Jim Essian!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #183 on: July 28, 2009, 10:33:28 AM »
He could probably keep his Longhorns football gig, begging out of Cubs' September and (ahem) October Saturday games. It'd be a nice, cushy lifestyle for Zonk.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #184 on: July 28, 2009, 10:33:39 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on July 28, 2009, 10:20:34 AM
This current Santo-less spell has been nice.  Moreland has been a pleasure to listen too.

I don't think he's fantastic, but in limited exposure he's been a wonderful fresh voice.
It's nice to have someone able to let Pat work and actually be a plus with color
commentary.  While we're going to be stuck with Santo for a while, maybe they can

Also, the fucking Santo interview format commercials WGN radio is running about how

Is there any chance that Ricketts agrees to dump Santo (possibly at the advice of WGN), and they go get Grace to come back and do radio?  Grace's contract is up after 2010.  The buyout can't be that bad for the final season.

Grace?  Really?

Yea.  I mean I know I am posting on a message board where the only good broadcasters ever born are Len, Bob, Pat, and Vin Scully....but...

I think he'd be a good compromise in the sense that he's better than Santo (then again, who isn't?), and he still satisfies those that want a popular Cub in that spot.  Getting rid of Santo could be the toughest PR thing this team has dealt with since...well, they let Grace walk away.  

Otto and Moreland seem like nice enough guys, and aren't the worst ideas (unless you have other candidates in mind)...but I think Grace's somewhat goofy nature might work a bit better with Hughes.  

You seriously think he wouldn't leave an NCAA broadcasting gig for the MLB?  I know people in Texas have a retardedly warped sense of how cool Texas is, but come on.

He does baseball And football down there, you know. Would YOU leave a job that entails fellating the great Colt McCoy every day? I think not.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #185 on: July 28, 2009, 11:29:44 AM »
If Reagan could call Cubs games from Des Moines, Zonk can call them from Austin.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #186 on: July 28, 2009, 12:51:05 PM »
This current Santo-less spell has been nice.  Moreland has been a pleasure to listen too.

commentary.  While we're going to be stuck with Santo for a while, maybe they can

Is there any chance that Ricketts agrees to dump Santo (possibly at the advice of WGN), and they go get Grace to come back and do radio?  Grace's contract is up after 2010.  The buyout can't be that bad for the final season.

Grace?  Really?

Yea.  I mean I know I am posting on a message board where the only good broadcasters ever born are Len, Bob, Pat, and Vin Scully....but...

I think he'd be a good compromise in the sense that he's better than Santo (then again, who isn't?), and he still satisfies those that want a popular Cub in that spot.  Getting rid of Santo could be the toughest PR thing this team has dealt with since...well, they let Grace walk away. 

You seriously think he wouldn't leave an NCAA broadcasting gig for the MLB?  I know people in Texas have a retardedly warped sense of how cool Texas is, but come on.

If he goal was to become a MLB broadcaster I'm sure he'd jump at the opportunity. He'd be an idiot not to. However...

He's not doing the UT broadcasting gig because he needs the money or has a desire to move up to the MLB level. He's doing it because it's a fun thing to do. If he wanted to go into broadcasting full-time he could have done it years ago.

The guy likes living in Austin and I don't think he's in a big hurry to start criss-crossing the country eight months out of the year.

Believe me, I wish he did. He'd be great on either radio or TV. I haven't heard him call any UT baseball games but I've caught more than a few football broadcasts over the years and I think he's pretty good. Plus, I've bumped into him in a few press boxes over the years and he seems like a pretty good guy.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #187 on: July 28, 2009, 12:54:27 PM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on July 28, 2009, 12:51:05 PM

Grace?  Really?

If he goal was to become a MLB broadcaster I'm sure he'd jump at the opportunity. He'd be an idiot not to. However...

He's not doing the UT broadcasting gig because he needs the money or has a desire to move up to the MLB level. He's doing it because it's a fun thing to do. If he wanted to go into broadcasting full-time he could have done it years ago.

The guy likes living in Austin and I don't think he's in a big hurry to start criss-crossing the country eight months out of the year.

Believe me, I wish he did. He'd be great on either radio or TV. I haven't heard him call any UT baseball games but I've caught more than a few football broadcasts over the years and I think he's pretty good. Plus, I've bumped into him in a few press boxes over the years and he seems like a pretty good guy.

What the hell does that have to do with whether or not he'd prefer doing Cubs games?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #188 on: July 28, 2009, 12:56:43 PM »
Quote from: MAD on July 28, 2009, 12:54:27 PM
What the hell does that have to do with whether or not he'd prefer doing Cubs games?

I'm more interested in why Lonestar is allowed in press boxes.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #189 on: July 28, 2009, 12:57:30 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 28, 2009, 12:56:43 PM

I'm more interested in why Lonestar is allowed in press boxes.

Because the PR people at UT are gutless fucking assholes.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #190 on: July 28, 2009, 01:32:51 PM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on July 28, 2009, 12:51:05 PM

Grace?  Really?

Nothing. I just think he's a good guy and I think he'd be a great color guy if he wanted the gig.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #191 on: July 28, 2009, 01:37:07 PM »

Grace?  Really?

Have you actually listened to Grace very much?  He's not as good as you think.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #192 on: July 28, 2009, 01:38:58 PM »
Quote from: PiniellaTailOnTheDonkey on July 28, 2009, 01:37:07 PM

This is very true.

He's been saddled with bad partners and has gotten better, but great he ain't.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #193 on: July 28, 2009, 02:09:09 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 28, 2009, 01:38:58 PM

This is very true.

I'm surprised anyone thinks he's good.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #194 on: July 28, 2009, 07:15:11 PM »
Quote from: Slak on July 28, 2009, 02:09:09 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on July 28, 2009, 01:38:58 PM

This is very true.

I'm surprised anyone thinks he's good.

I'm surprised...?
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.