News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,316 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #195 on: July 28, 2009, 08:56:43 PM »
Ramirez home run = JUDD GOES TO 11 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2009, 09:23:11 PM »
Garry Meier coming up.

Que Huarrd's ANGERR.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2009, 11:34:29 PM »
Quote from: Tank on July 28, 2009, 09:23:11 PM
Garry Meier coming up.

Que Huarrd's ANGERR.

At the bar tonight, he did indeed let out an "I fuckin' hate Garry Meier!" So there you go.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: July 29, 2009, 01:01:33 AM »
Let's just say I'm happy I wasn't near a radio and only was privy to his punchable face on TV with no sound.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: July 29, 2009, 09:05:30 AM »
Quote from: Slak on July 28, 2009, 02:09:09 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on July 28, 2009, 01:38:58 PM
Quote from: PiniellaTailOnTheDonkey on July 28, 2009, 01:37:07 PM
Have you actually listened to Grace very much?  He's not as good as you think.

This is very true.

He's been saddled with bad partners and has gotten better, but great he ain't.

I'm surprised anyone thinks he's good.

So who do you want in perfect Slaky word of positive?  I'm just looking for solutions that might make some sense, because I will jump out of my moving car if I have to listen to another season of Santo.   

I will agree that Grace is not awesome...but I think he's passable.

Again, I also think it's 10x easier for the Cubs to shove Santo out if they can replace him with someone who brings a little more "warm and fuzzies" to the Kool-Aid drinkers that have been propping up Santo.  I just don't think Moreland or Otto get that job done.   Whether or not we like it, this situation is a bit more complicated because of the people and PR sensitivity involved.  Tis all I'm saying.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2009, 09:24:54 AM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on July 29, 2009, 09:05:30 AM

This is very true.

So who do you want in perfect Slaky word of positive?  I'm just looking for solutions that might make some sense, because I will jump out of my moving car if I have to listen to another season of Santo.   

Again, I also think it's 10x easier for the Cubs to shove Santo out if they can replace him with someone who brings a little more "warm and fuzzies" to the Kool-Aid drinkers that have been propping up Santo.  I just don't think Moreland or Otto get that job done.   Whether or not we like it, this situation is a bit more complicated because of the people and PR sensitivity involved.  Tis all I'm saying.

I nominate Slaky himself, just so I can hear someone call Ryan Braun 39 different varieties of "douche" on-air.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2009, 09:28:49 AM »
Quote from: Eli on July 29, 2009, 09:24:54 AM

This is very true.

I nominate Slaky himself, just so I can hear someone call Ryan Braun 39 different varieties of "douche" on-air.

You underestimate Slak's versatility in this particular area.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2009, 09:40:31 AM »
Quote from: MAD on July 29, 2009, 01:01:33 AM
Let's just say I'm happy I wasn't near a radio and only was privy to his punchable face on TV with no sound.

Oh, you would have loved it.  Garry must have pointed out how much he loves everything about Chicago and the Cubs at least a dozen times.
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: July 29, 2009, 09:47:50 AM »
Quote from: Fork on July 29, 2009, 09:28:49 AM
Quote from: Eli on July 29, 2009, 09:24:54 AM

This is very true.

You underestimate Slak's versatility in this particular area.

Guys, slow down - I'm just too enamored with my current position. There's no way life can get any better than this. So I'll have to withdraw my name from consideration at this time.

That said, LDA you and I and everyone else here, whether we love, hate or are indifferent to Ron Santo as a broadcaster, must realize the only thing that's going to eject him from the booth permanently is the bony hand of the reaper. I'll be honest, that sucks. Ron Santo has dealt with a lot of shit. Does that mean we should enjoy listening to him scream through entire Cub games? No, that's up to you.

The guy is going to die, probably sooner than later. And you'll have a new guy in the booth with Pat soon enough.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2009, 09:50:00 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on July 29, 2009, 09:40:31 AM

Oh, you would have loved it.  Garry must have pointed out how much he loves everything about Chicago and the Cubs at least a dozen times.

It would have been easier had Len just dug up an old Bob Greene column and read it on the air.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: July 29, 2009, 09:53:24 AM »

He also talked about how much Chicago winters suck!

And what a shame it is that the Pirates don't draw more fans.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #206 on: July 29, 2009, 10:38:56 AM »
Quote from: Tank on July 29, 2009, 09:53:24 AM

At least he didn't mention the Santo statue thing.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: July 29, 2009, 10:48:05 AM »
Quote from: butthead on July 29, 2009, 10:38:56 AM
Quote from: Tank on July 29, 2009, 09:53:24 AM

At least he didn't mention the Santo statue thing.

That's what I would have been cringing in anticipation of.

Of course, he probably did so much Santo-propping in the bottom of the 6th that he was spent...
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: July 29, 2009, 10:56:08 AM »
Santo's self-propping, both of his "legs" have kickstands.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: July 29, 2009, 11:00:37 AM »
Quote from: Andy on July 29, 2009, 10:56:08 AM
Santo's self-propping, both of his "legs" have kickstands.

That's screaming for a some sort of Photoshop.
Eli G. (6-22-10)