News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,408 )

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #255 on: August 27, 2009, 04:19:53 PM »
I won't be in town that night. A Douche Alert has been issued for the area already and I must flee.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: August 27, 2009, 08:45:09 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on August 27, 2009, 04:12:27 PM
I figured this would be the most appropriate thread since this guy is "toally unlistenable":

because I work for the hockey team in the Quad Cities, I get advance notice (yipee) of coming events to the facility. Comedian (and I use that term loosely) Dane Cook is going to be at the iWireless Center in Moline in November. Tickets in the lower bowl and floor are a mere $102.50. Who in the fuck would pay that much to see that hack? Upper Bowl seats drop to $32.50, end-zone seats are $62.50. Wow.
[Jack Benny]And for $300, you don't have to go at all.[/Jack Benny]

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: August 27, 2009, 10:48:40 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on August 27, 2009, 04:12:27 PM
I figured this would be the most appropriate thread since this guy is "toally unlistenable":

because I work for the hockey team in the Quad Cities, I get advance notice (yipee) of coming events to the facility. Comedian (and I use that term loosely) Dane Cook is going to be at the iWireless Center Mark in Moline in November. Tickets in the lower bowl and floor are a mere $102.50. Who in the fuck would pay that much to see that hack? Upper Bowl seats drop to $32.50, end-zone seats are $62.50. Wow.

Also lives in the Quad Cities'd
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: August 28, 2009, 07:54:22 AM »
I always call it The Mark, but I wanted to be accurate in case the grammar/fact police read it.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: August 28, 2009, 08:09:23 AM »
Quote from: Dave B on August 28, 2009, 07:54:22 AM
I always call it The Mark, but I wanted to be accurate in case the grammar/fact police read it.

I just don't like it being the "Iowa Wireless Center" when its in Illinois.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: August 28, 2009, 11:41:34 PM »
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: August 29, 2009, 12:53:39 AM »

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: August 29, 2009, 04:57:41 PM »
I've never heard a Sirott HR call until today.. I'm glad I was on the phone and the radio was turned down or else I'd be deaf.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: August 29, 2009, 06:12:26 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on August 29, 2009, 04:57:41 PM
I've never heard a Sirott HR call until today.. I'm glad I was on the phone and the radio was turned down or else I'd be deaf.

I think Memolo did well to describe it as "bloodcurdling."
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

HST Redux

• When teh going gets weird....
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: August 30, 2009, 07:01:00 AM »
The Koz and Memolo post-games are brutally bad. Awful awful radio.
"In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: Not necessarily to Win, but mainly to keep from Losing Completely." - Hunter S. Thompson

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: September 01, 2009, 02:15:31 PM »
Did somebody say awful awful radio? Laurence Holmes on the Score is currently arguing that Scott Podsednik should be the White Sox DH next season, because of his runs scored and RBIs. When an e-mailer pointed out how utterly retarded this idea was, using actual worthwhile stats to point out that Podsednik is actually a less productive offensive player than Juan Pierre, Holmes complained that "these saber guys only like runs and RBIs when they support their argument" and that the Red Sox are the only organization to achieve success using stats.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: September 01, 2009, 02:47:11 PM »
I was watching ESPN yesterday afternoon (my first mistake), and I have no idea who this woman was hosting this SportsCenter-esque show, but she made at least three factual errors in about 10 minutes of watching.  First, she made a comment about how Garland and Thome getting traded to the Dodgers indicated that the Giants are making a run at the postseason.  Then, she incorrectly reported the Reds-Pirates final score as 5-4, when the screen clearly indicated it was 4-3.  I forget the third error, but she was astonishingly bad.  When she made the Dodgers-Giants blunder, I forget which ESPN baseball "insider" was there, but he just looked stunned.
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: September 01, 2009, 02:51:06 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 01, 2009, 02:47:11 PM
I was watching ESPN yesterday afternoon (my first mistake), and I have no idea who this woman was hosting this SportsCenter-esque show, but she made at least three factual errors in about 10 minutes of watching.  First, she made a comment about how Garland and Thome getting traded to the Dodgers indicated that the Giants are making a run at the postseason.  Then, she incorrectly reported the Reds-Pirates final score as 5-4, when the screen clearly indicated it was 4-3.  I forget the third error, but she was astonishingly bad.  When she made the Dodgers-Giants blunder, I forget which ESPN baseball "insider" was there, but he just looked stunned.

I don't know her name but was it the really, really skinny broad with the Sideshow Bob hair? She's terrible. TERRIBLE.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: September 01, 2009, 03:43:42 PM »
Speaking of terrible, apparently Jaws has found a partner in crime in Jon Gruden when it comes to absolutely gushing about every single player on both teams during a Monday Night game.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: September 01, 2009, 03:51:57 PM »
Quote from: Slak on September 01, 2009, 02:51:06 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 01, 2009, 02:47:11 PM

I don't know her name but was it the really, really skinny broad with the Sideshow Bob hair? She's terrible. TERRIBLE.

Yes.  Exactly.
Hire Jim Essian!