News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,364 )

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #300 on: September 18, 2009, 01:55:41 PM »
Quote from: Shatoon; Bringer of Corn on September 17, 2009, 01:46:59 PM
Quote from: Waco Kid on September 17, 2009, 12:17:53 PM
I didn't see of the second Monday Night game, but apparently Mike & Mike sucked ass.

http://blog.timesunion.com/sportsmedia/mike-and-mike-need-two-fewer-mikes/2505/

I caught a little of the second half. They were absolutely brutal, Greenberg more than Golic.

He'd constantly "set the scene" reminding the viewers that a field goal would tie it and a touchdown would give them a four point lead. It really bugged me for some reason.

Because Greenberg is terrible?
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #301 on: September 18, 2009, 02:14:21 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 18, 2009, 01:55:41 PM
Quote from: Shatoon; Bringer of Corn on September 17, 2009, 01:46:59 PM
Quote from: Waco Kid on September 17, 2009, 12:17:53 PM
I didn't see of the second Monday Night game, but apparently Mike & Mike sucked ass.

http://blog.timesunion.com/sportsmedia/mike-and-mike-need-two-fewer-mikes/2505/

I caught a little of the second half. They were absolutely brutal, Greenberg more than Golic.

He'd constantly "set the scene" reminding the viewers that a field goal would tie it and a touchdown would give them a four point lead. It really bugged me for some reason.

Because Greenberg is terrible?

So, so terrible.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #302 on: September 20, 2009, 10:09:53 PM »
How Jon Miller pronounces "Cardinals" and "Fuld".
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #303 on: September 28, 2009, 06:17:41 PM »
The new commercial for the Miller Lite aluminum pint is using a call from none other than Jeff Joniak.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #304 on: September 28, 2009, 07:34:23 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on September 28, 2009, 06:17:41 PM
The new commercial for the Miller Lite aluminum pint is using a call from none other than Jeff Joniak.

I haven't seen that one, but I have been seeing the one where the beer pours while Wayne Larivee's call of Walter Payton breaking Jim Brown's all time rushing record plays in the background.

And it still gives me the chills.

[Jiggetts]WALTER[/Jiggetts]

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #305 on: September 28, 2009, 09:21:19 PM »
Quote from: CT III on September 28, 2009, 07:34:23 PM
I haven't seen that one, but I have been seeing the one where the beer pours while Wayne Larivee's call of Walter Payton breaking Jim Brown's all time rushing record plays in the background.

That would be Joe McConnell.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #306 on: September 28, 2009, 11:42:20 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 28, 2009, 09:21:19 PM

Chuck is correct.  Wayne was still in the hinterlands of Kansas City and McConnel's corpulent, 500 pound frame sat alongside the future "professor", Brad Palmer.

But I really only wanted to chime in to remind everyone how bitterly that day ended.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #307 on: September 29, 2009, 12:02:06 AM »
Quote from: MAD on September 28, 2009, 11:42:20 PM

Chuck is correct.  Wayne was still in the hinterlands of Kansas City and McConnel's corpulent, 500 pound frame sat alongside the future "professor", Brad Palmer.

But I really only wanted to chime in to remind everyone how bitterly that day ended.
[/quote

McConnel calls Purdue football now.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #308 on: September 29, 2009, 12:18:28 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 29, 2009, 12:02:06 AM
Quote from: MAD on September 28, 2009, 11:42:20 PM

Chuck is correct.  Wayne was still in the hinterlands of Kansas City and McConnel's corpulent, 500 pound frame sat alongside the future "professor", Brad Palmer.

McConnel calls Purdue football now.

And you fucked up this quote as badly as I played ball tonight.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #309 on: September 29, 2009, 07:29:48 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on September 28, 2009, 06:17:41 PM

It's the game against Cleveland in 2001. You can tell because he's talking about them having to throw a Hail Mary in the end zone, and then you hear him talk about Allen catching it (though he doesn't mention Allen's name), and in the longer version of the commercial he says "We thought last week (the San Francisco overtime game) was crazy, this week's even crazier" or something along those lines.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #310 on: October 09, 2009, 08:09:46 PM »
Jorge Posada pinch-hit for Molina in the 6th.  Here's Chip as Posada left off the 8th: "Jorge Posada came in on defense.........(long pause)......after his first at-bat in the 6th." 

Smooth.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #311 on: October 09, 2009, 08:41:59 PM »
DPD.  Chipper, with a former Cubs pitching coach Phil Regan mention!

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #312 on: October 10, 2009, 09:29:46 AM »
After the game was tied and Nick Punto came up to bat in the 10th inning with 2 outs, Chip said something to the effect of "Twins down to their last chance with Punto."

It's a shame Punto reached, because I was curious to find out what would have happened had he made the third out in a tie game in the top of the 10th inning.

Also, Chiptard said that the Twins have "had a baserunner in each (or "x amount") of their offensive innings." I was not aware that a team could actually have baserunners in the defensive half of an inning.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #313 on: October 10, 2009, 10:39:07 AM »
I can't believe we had to sit through this shit every game for seven years.  Not that I didn't bitch about constantly the whole time.

Boers said it best yesterday, "I know it's a big deal to be a baseball announcer.  But if you're going to be this bad at it, why would you even want to keep doing it?"

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #314 on: October 10, 2009, 12:35:32 PM »
Quote from: Andy on October 10, 2009, 10:39:07 AM
I can't believe we had to sit through this shit every game for seven years.  Not that I didn't bitch about constantly the whole time.

Boers said it best yesterday, "I know it's a big deal to be a baseball announcer.  But if you're going to be this bad at it, why would you even want to keep doing it?"
Because his grand daddy didn't have connections in the insurance industry.