News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,345 )

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #345 on: October 13, 2009, 08:02:03 AM »
Quote from: BC on October 13, 2009, 01:49:15 AM
I was trying to say a punt that went off the side of a kid's foot was a shanked punt, but instead I said "skanked".

I need to get my head out of the gutter...
You're a loser.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #346 on: October 20, 2009, 10:04:06 AM »
Caught a couple more Chip classics last night in the Dodgers-Phillies game. A Dodger hitter bounced one over the mound and he said "Liner up the middle, on three bounces, and Utley can't handle it". Then on Rollins' game-winner, he screamed "here comes the throw to the plate, not in time!" when the relay throw from right-center was bobbled in short RF and was never thrown in. What a clown.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #347 on: October 20, 2009, 10:06:31 AM »
Get off Chip's back. Non-fiction aint his best suit. He's a creator. He invents.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #348 on: October 20, 2009, 10:32:37 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 20, 2009, 10:06:31 AM
Get off Chip's back. Non-fiction aint his best suit. He's a creator. He invents. a white guy from Georgia.

Now do we have you on board'd?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #349 on: October 20, 2009, 11:11:30 AM »
Quote from: MAD on October 20, 2009, 10:32:37 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 20, 2009, 10:06:31 AM
Get off Chip's back. Non-fiction aint his best suit. He's a creator. He invents. a white guy from Georgia.

Now do we have you on board'd?

Fuck him and his mother.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #350 on: October 20, 2009, 11:20:58 AM »
Quote from: Dave B on October 20, 2009, 10:04:06 AM
Caught a couple more Chip classics last night in the Dodgers-Phillies game. A Dodger hitter bounced one over the mound and he said "Liner up the middle, on three bounces, and Utley can't handle it". Then on Rollins' game-winner, he screamed "here comes the throw to the plate, not in time!" when the relay throw from right-center was bobbled in short RF and was never thrown in. What a clown.
With any luck, Chip's season will be over tonight.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #351 on: October 20, 2009, 11:22:57 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 20, 2009, 11:20:58 AM
Quote from: Dave B on October 20, 2009, 10:04:06 AM
With any luck, Chip's season will be over tonight.

Wow. I actually have a rooting interest in this series now that Philly's up 3-1. Not that I'll be watching. After this we'll be blissfully Chip-free and in the capable hands of Joe Buck who, "calls an excellent game!"

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #352 on: October 20, 2009, 11:33:52 AM »
Get rid of that damn pitchtrak on TBS.  Nice once you get deep in the count, but it does not need to be ubiquitous.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #353 on: October 20, 2009, 11:51:16 AM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on October 20, 2009, 11:33:52 AM
Get rid of that damn pitchtrak on TBS.  Nice once you get deep in the count, but it does not need to be ubiquitous.
I like it, especially that it's only viewable on HD screens.  There's nothing over there to see anyway on the center-field view.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #354 on: October 20, 2009, 12:45:30 PM »
I like the thingy that shows how fast the ball is out the pitcher's hand and then how fast it is at home plate.  I like it a lot.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #355 on: October 20, 2009, 01:06:09 PM »
I'd like to see if on a tv bigger than 30" - on my small screen it's distracting.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #356 on: October 30, 2009, 02:51:41 PM »
So sad.

Quote"Monsters in the Morning" will be looking for a new home in 2010.

Early Friday afternoon, it was announced Comcast SportsNet and "Monsters" parent company, Licorice LTD, which is owned by Mike North and his wife BeBe, have decided not to renew their contract. CSN president Jim Corno said the show will continue on his network through Dec. 31.

"It's an economic decision," Mr. Corno said. "It's an expensive show to produce. We originally agreed to do the show for a year and see how it would work out. We like the show, but this is part of television. Networks launch and cancel shows every day."

Mr. North could not be reached immediately for comment. Mr. Corno said Mr. North hopes to find another outlet for the show.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #357 on: October 30, 2009, 02:54:25 PM »
Quote from: R-V on October 30, 2009, 02:51:41 PM
So sad.

Quote"Monsters in the Morning" will be looking for a new home in 2010.

Early Friday afternoon, it was announced Comcast SportsNet and "Monsters" parent company, Licorice LTD, which is owned by Mike North and his wife BeBe, have decided not to renew their contract. CSN president Jim Corno said the show will continue on his network through Dec. 31.

"It's an economic decision," Mr. Corno said. "It's an expensive show to produce. We originally agreed to do the show for a year and see how it would work out. We like the show, but this is part of television. Networks launch and cancel shows every day."

Mr. North could not be reached immediately for comment. Mr. Corno said Mr. North hopes to find another outlet for the show.

Why is it so expensive? They have to haul in herds of cattle to feed Jiggets.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #358 on: October 30, 2009, 03:13:51 PM »
That's terrible news.  What a great show that is.  Cookie's and underrated comedian and I love the drama of the Grand Prize game.

Ghost of Dave Rosello

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #359 on: October 30, 2009, 03:39:15 PM »
BeBe? What the fuck kind of name is BeBe?