News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,342 )

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #360 on: November 01, 2009, 08:29:34 PM »
I just turned on FOX to watch my first game of postseason baseball. My eyesockets were promptly dryfucked by some sort of World Series highlight reel/sci-fi trailer teaser for Avatar. So, that was fun.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #361 on: November 01, 2009, 09:24:10 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 01, 2009, 08:29:34 PM
I just turned on FOX to watch my first game of postseason baseball. My eyesockets were promptly dryfucked by some sort of World Series highlight reel/sci-fi trailer teaser for Avatar. So, that was fun.

That was the most nonsensical mash-up I've seen in a while.
Hire Jim Essian!

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #362 on: November 01, 2009, 10:14:33 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 01, 2009, 08:29:34 PM

What do eyescockets have to do with a thread entitled "Totally Unlistenable"?

Back on topic--Wayne Larrivee on AM-620 as the home call for Pack/Vikings...he actually calls their QB "A Rod".   3 times in the 20 minutes I heard him.

Annoying on so many levels.  And I used to love Wayne as much as was healthy for any Bears fan back in the day.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #363 on: November 02, 2009, 10:09:00 AM »
For what it's worth he used to annoy the shit out of me by just referring to Favre as "Brett" and every other player by his last name.

But I loved it when he did Bears games.  Wayne knows how to set-up and describe a play.  Something Joniak will be forever lost at.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #364 on: November 18, 2009, 08:55:20 AM »
Rick Morrissey has always been terrible, but the collective hack job that he and the Trib sports have pulled the last two days is amazing to me.  Yesterday, Fred Mitchell took time out from chronicling where various retired athletes eat dinner (credit TDubbs) to call up Rex Grossman's dad Dan and ask him what he thought of the way the Bears handle quarterbacks.  As you would think, Mr. Grossman was less than impressed, which is fine, although I'm not sure why a major newspaper would bother to give a forum to an ex-QB's opthamologist father to analyze football.  

So this morning, I open the sports section and find that 2/3s of the damn thing (including 2 front page columns) are devoted to ripping Dan Grossman.

What.  The.  Fuck.

Morrissey's is the worst of course, as he wonders why parents are so quick to fight their children's battles when newspaper people call up and ask them questions about it or something.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-18-morrissey-bears-chicago-nov18,0,6095118.column

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #365 on: November 30, 2009, 03:39:31 PM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #366 on: November 30, 2009, 04:52:33 PM »
Quote from: C-C-Cats on November 30, 2009, 03:39:31 PM
No more Line Drive Base Hits in the playoffs! (hopefully)

I hope the Cardinals hire him. It will save time if I can hate them both all at once.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #367 on: November 30, 2009, 07:43:49 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on November 30, 2009, 04:52:33 PM

I hope the Cardinals hire him. It will save time if I can hate them both all at once.

Is someone reading ahead?

Adding...well done, Andy.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #368 on: November 30, 2009, 08:00:55 PM »
Quote from: MAD on November 30, 2009, 07:43:49 PM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on November 30, 2009, 04:52:33 PM

Is someone reading ahead?

Adding...well done, Andy.

I want Chip to get the job in Houston and push Milo Hamilton out the door on the way in.

Just to fuck with Milo's head one last time.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #369 on: December 02, 2009, 04:38:53 PM »
Oh dear god.

QuoteCBS 2 Chicago announced today that it will launch Monsters and Money in the Morning, an innovative new local weekday 5- 7 a.m. show, beginning February 1, 2010. The morning talk show will feature an ensemble of veteran Chicago broadcasters and a mix of candid discussion of local sports topics, regional business issues and personal money management, as well as news headlines, weather and traffic.

QuoteMonsters and Money in the Morning will originate from CBS 2's studios and be hosted by an ensemble of veteran Chicago broadcasters, including sportscasters Mike North and Dan Jiggetts – widely recognized by local fans as "The Monsters," along with Chicago Sun-Times money expert and author Terry Savage and former CNBC business reporter Mike Hegedus.

Quote"It's time for something new and smart that will differentiate CBS 2 from its competitors," said CBS 2 President & General Manager Bruno Cohen.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #370 on: December 02, 2009, 04:50:26 PM »
Quote from: R-V on December 02, 2009, 04:38:53 PM
Oh dear god.

QuoteCBS 2 Chicago announced today that it will launch Monsters and Money in the Morning, an innovative new local weekday 5- 7 a.m. show, beginning February 1, 2010. The morning talk show will feature an ensemble of veteran Chicago broadcasters and a mix of candid discussion of local sports topics, regional business issues and personal money management, as well as news headlines, weather and traffic.

QuoteMonsters and Money in the Morning will originate from CBS 2's studios and be hosted by an ensemble of veteran Chicago broadcasters, including sportscasters Mike North and Dan Jiggetts – widely recognized by local fans as "The Monsters," along with Chicago Sun-Times money expert and author Terry Savage and former CNBC business reporter Mike Hegedus.

Quote"It's time for something new and smart that will differentiate CBS 2 from its competitors," said CBS 2 President & General Manager Bruno Cohen.

Can't they put the Webio story to rest already?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #371 on: December 02, 2009, 05:25:20 PM »
Oh dear god.

I don't know who the hell this Bruno Cohen turd is supposed to be but I know that I need to punch him the face as hard as I can.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #372 on: December 02, 2009, 06:34:02 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 02, 2009, 05:25:20 PM
Oh dear god.

I don't know who the hell this Bruno Cohen turd is supposed to be but I know that I need to punch him the face as hard as I can.

What I want to know is who in the Cohen family names their son "Bruno"?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #373 on: December 02, 2009, 07:27:41 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 02, 2009, 06:34:02 PM
Oh dear god.

Maybe James Caan is the kid's godfather?
Eli G. (6-22-10)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #374 on: December 02, 2009, 08:04:37 PM »
Quote from: MAD on December 02, 2009, 07:27:41 PM
Quote from: CBStew on December 02, 2009, 06:34:02 PM
Oh dear god.

Maybe James Caan is the kid's godfather?

My head just exploded while considering the religious ramifications.